+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist PvP?

Shadowlander

Default Cabalist PvP?

I like the idea of the pressure of good AoE damage in PvP.

I'm trying to decide between Stormcaller main soul or Cabalist main soul. The mages seem pretty determined that Stormcaller is only good for PvE.

So who's done well with a Cabalist main soul in PvP? What other souls are you using? What role do you excel at?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Am I reading this correctly? Do we have two 5 point talents in the skill tree that overlap? Entropy increases DoT and channeled spells by 1% per point....Death's grasp increases all spell damage by 1% per point...is Entropy just a less flexible version of Death's Grasp?
    Last edited by Asyrin; 03-22-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Telaran

cab is pretty fun but its only really useful if u go 51 pts in for sign of asias

i prefer inq a lot more because it has more control and doesnt rely on cds as much

also stormcaller is NOT the best pvp spec for mages... its by far pyro/dom... groud of strength is op as hell and so are some of the dom talents
    Last edited by Sabaka; 03-22-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Asyrin View Post
    I like the idea of the pressure of good AoE damage in PvP.

I'm trying to decide between Stormcaller main soul or Cabalist main soul. The mages seem pretty determined that Stormcaller is only good for PvE.

So who's done well with a Cabalist main soul in PvP? What other souls are you using? What role do you excel at?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Am I reading this correctly? Do we have two 5 point talents in the skill tree that overlap? Entropy increases DoT and channeled spells by 1% per point....Death's grasp increases all spell damage by 1% per point...is Entropy just a less flexible version of Death's Grasp?

Death's Grasp is flat out spell damage, while Entropy is more focused yes. And yes they stack.

Now as for Cab pvp it is hard for me to say. I find that having to build up 3 stacks of lurking decay before you can do much is a bit of a long ramp up in a fast paced pvp environment. I would rather toss out soul drain or Circle of Oblivion for aoe. That being said, deep Cab is something I would like to try out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by kasiski View Post
    Death's Grasp is flat out spell damage, while Entropy is more focused yes. And yes they stack.

Now as for Cab pvp it is hard for me to say. I find that having to build up 3 stacks of lurking decay before you can do much is a bit of a long ramp up in a fast paced pvp environment. I would rather toss out soul drain or Circle of Oblivion for aoe. That being said, deep Cab is something I would like to try out eventually.
    Do it! Cabalist is one of the best PvP rotations of all ******* time, it's a very sustained damage DPS spec and fun to play, anyone with their back turned is dotted up and half hp'd in a blink of an eye, then you slam down that obliterate. Spec also into inquisitor for brilliant self-healing. DO IT!

Inferno 11.6" / I7-3632QM / Intel HD Graphics 4000 / NVIDIA GEFORCE 650M 2GB / 4GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz / 500GB SATA HDD / ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND / Toshiba 24" Monitor / Logitech Speakers / Sharkoon Fireglider / Razer Lycosa / GAMECOM Plantronics

+ Reply to Thread