+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orbs of the Stream working as intended?

Default Orbs of the Stream working as intended?

So if a tank takes 10 dmg an orb will be used.
    have 2 left.
    The tank takes 500 dmg an orb will be used.
    have 1 left.
    The tank takes 100 dmg an orb is used.

Seems silly right?
    Can we not have an orb activate when they are chicken scratched and rather use an orb when the person takes a significant amount of dmg?

It'd be more probable that they implement an ICD on the proc. Say can only be proc'd every 3 seconds or so.

Rift Disciple

It is working as intended.

When the Tank gets hit for 2-3k the orb heals for 500.

When the Tank is at half life and gets hit for 10 the orb heals for 500.

I hate to say it - but learn when to use the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by dankcik09 View Post
    So if a tank takes 10 dmg an orb will be used.
    have 2 left.
    The tank takes 500 dmg an orb will be used.
    have 1 left.
    The tank takes 100 dmg an orb is used.

Seems silly right?
    Can we not have an orb activate when they are chicken scratched and rather use an orb when the person takes a significant amount of dmg?
    It's not really meant to mitigate incoming damage like you want it to do. It's more of an emergency heal, considering it's probably the strongest one in game. Use it when the tanks low, then continue with normal heals and he is sure to go up rather than down within the next 3 hits. You're using it wrong if you use it as a shield rather than a strong heal.
    Last edited by Refuge; 03-23-2011 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    You're using it wrong if you use it as a shield rather than a strong heal.
    Q F T

10char
    █▄▄ ███ █▄▄ █▄█▄█ █▄█ ▀█▀

Quote Originally Posted by Refuge View Post
    It's not really meant to mitigate incoming damage like you want it to do. It's more of an emergency heal, considering it's probably the strongest one in game. Use it when the tanks low, then continue with normal heals and he is sure to go up rather than down within the next 3 hits. You're using it wrong if you use it as a shield rather than a strong heal.
    Not necessarily, it can be usefull for mitigating initial damage while a warden sets up all of their hots.

If they are a really attentative warden and prehot their tank then yes Orbs are mainly a big heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharro View Post
    I hate to say it - but learn when to use the skill.
    Well, that is using the skill correctly.

For any fight that is remotely difficult you should have a a preventative orb cast on everyone (except perhaps the tank since it will be so quickly wasted), AND have it on cooldown as the fight begins. Since it can be annoying to wait a minute and a half to prep for the fight, many wardens will do this prepping in advance during the trash pulls leading up to the fight. But if for some reason your tank lets a little aggro slip on the non elite zerg pull, then you have to start all over.

It's annoying, but that's the way it has to be. You either make everyone wait or you risk having to resetup during trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Allegorical View Post
    Well, that is using the skill correctly.

For any fight that is remotely difficult you should have a a preventative orb cast on everyone (except perhaps the tank since it will be so quickly wasted), AND have it on cooldown as the fight begins. Since it can be annoying to wait a minute and a half to prep for the fight, many wardens will do this prepping in advance during the trash pulls leading up to the fight. But if for some reason your tank lets a little aggro slip on the non elite zerg pull, then you have to start all over.

It's annoying, but that's the way it has to be. You either make everyone wait or you risk having to resetup during trash pulls.

Crikey, you will never ever see me doing this. Just heal better tbh. Really not essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Utherix View Post
    Not necessarily, it can be usefull for mitigating initial damage while a warden sets up all of their hots.

If they are a really attentative warden and prehot their tank then yes Orbs are mainly a big heal.
    waste of a good cd that way, warden healers need to be more on the ball with their stacks. I will use it near the beginning of a fight sometimes if the warrior ninja pulls and I haven't yet stacked soothing stream fully, but I won't put it on him before the fight (unless we're willing to wait 45 seconds -.-)

I will on the other hand cast it on myself when I get the chance and have it rdy on cd for the tank or other players when needed.

+ Reply to Thread