+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You have got to be $&*ing me.

Default You have got to be $&*ing me.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...am-GMT-23-3-11
    JUSTICAR
    * Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

What possible reason could have this been a good idea?
    I dont see it. I dont see why/how this would be a good idea, or a even necessary adjustment.
    Clerics have been getting shafted since forever, and it looks like its not going to be the end of it.

Telaran

they nerfed purifier too

I saw that too, but i was too mangry to state it.

It just beyond ridiculous. Ok, they wanted to nerf bards. Fine, bard kinda took up the place of 2-3 classes in one.

But i actually heal with a justi/senti in WF since im pretty much on my own when i pug and i need the def. Having reparation heal 10 helped -quite- a bit, and its not like it healed as much as as our other aoes, so why the fuzzmuffin would they reduce the amount of people it can heal?

Plane Touched

Well in some games devs lose tough with reality and go mad. NGE anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...am-GMT-23-3-11
    JUSTICAR
    * Reparation: Now affects up to 5 targets.

What possible reason could have this been a good idea?
    I dont see it. I dont see why/how this would be a good idea, or a even necessary adjustment.
    Clerics have been getting shafted since forever, and it looks like its not going to be the end of it.
    I can see why they nerfed it, but i don't agree that it needed to be done.
    People were using something like This build with a few tweaks here and there to get a constant 5-11% damage reduction on 10 people, with 2-3 people running this you could get it on an entire 20man.
    I've seen a bunch of people using builds like this for certain encounters in Greenscales to help mitigate damage, but i think it was almost necessary to the fights considering the amount of AoE they have.
    You could even swap out the PvP tree for a Shaman or Druid tree and get more dps output. The point of the build was to support and mitigate damage more than anything, but the nerf was uncalled for and makes the tree nearly useless in things other than 5mans or unless you go pure Justicar.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

hmm? what were those changes about - she edited the notes before I saw the original ones.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Why not just make it so "Reinforce" wont work with "Reparation", but keep Reparation as it were?

Plane Touched

The nerf is pretty easy to understand if you raid. A shaman/justicar does 500-600DPS while beating other clerics on healing done on AE fights(Hylas/Greenscale). Chloros are even worse(as in they do 2 to 3times the healing of clerics), but the whole thing trivialize their AE mechanics because you just bring enough chloros+1justi+1bard so that clerics don't need to cast an AE heal ever.

Now I hope they work on clerics mana regen or AE heal costs too once they nerf, but the nerf is totally deserved and expected. It will have little to no impact on anything but raiding anyway.

That's not counting Reinforce/Protect the Flock builds either.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-23-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Telaran

It's not a cleric nerf.

Also happened to Bards and Chloros aka it's the specific dps/heal function that was nerfed.

+ Reply to Thread