+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Surging flames

Default Surging flames

Can anyone think what got in to the heads of Trion !?!? People are already complaining about the lack of utility with healing clerics as none have particularly great AoE healing and its easier to take chloros and bards, and now they nerf the only AoE healing method of the soul that had the least, what on Telara !

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    Can anyone think what got in to the heads of Trion !?!? People are already complaining about the lack of utility with healing clerics as none have particularly great AoE healing and its easier to take chloros and bards, and now they nerf the only AoE healing method of the soul that had the least, what on Telara !
    well, was a nerf to justicar, chloromancer and surging flames aoe. Oh and bard heals too... 5 target maxes on them all now
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Telaran

oh and no nerf for the warriors healing is good imo just keep up with the hots and instant heals not had any trouble so far only manna but thats sorted with a few drinks
    Last edited by Bloodzeed; 03-22-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzeed View Post
    oh and no nerf for the warriors
    or fix to mage runeshield... gos + rune shield is 55% reduced damage, 80% with imp rune shield

Instead of dealing with the few dps class combinations who make content too easy currently, Trion's method throughout beta and live has been to continually take a large dump on the healers to "balance" content.

Rift appears to be built by warriors for warriors.

Guild/Raid leader of Shoreline 5/8 ID (No reflect Rusila, hardmode Conclave) Recruiting a few more excellent raiders: for Infernal Dawn progression

Champion of Telara

well in the world of aoe healing, it made sentinel and warden much better aoe healers... just by nerfing aoe healing from everyone else

/sigh

Ascendant

loltrion really

I now can't think of any reason to point even a single point into Purifier.
    <House Palomides> - Cleric - Emberlord

Shadowlander

My cleric friend will upset. This was his favourite skill.

Soulwalker

Nerfing Clerics? Really Trion?

Justicar and Purifier nerfs are totally uncalled for. As if playing a cleric isn't already a ball ache as it is. Should we all just **** and go play Warriors then?

This is just general whining. I agree that having to rely on a support healer in T1/T2 content is a change, but the gameplay model works just fine once people adapt.

It's different, not bad.

Basically you're whining about an ability that spreads over healing ... while cool, it shouldn't be that effective. It also makes sense that no class can MH and aoe heal at the same time.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-22-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    This is just general whining. I agree that having to rely on a support healer in T1/T2 content is a change, but the gameplay model works just fine once people adapt.

It's different, not bad.

Basically you're whining about an ability that spreads over healing ... while cool, it shouldn't be that effective. It also makes sense that no class can MH and aoe heal at the same time.

so does that mean we get rid of both of the sentinels AoE heals ? their main heal is even stronger than the purifier.

anyway it hasnt gone live at the moment, it seems the patch notes were in error for our patcher so lets see what happens after it comes off alpha.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post

It's different, not bad.

Purifier can do none of these.

Sentinel can do both.

The main point is that trion decided to take the two most underpowered cleric callings and nerf them - as much as the nerfs may not have been big deals, they were enough to push them over the edge (at least in the case of purifier), into the abyss.

I dont see the change. It looks like the patch notes got ninja edited.

Basically this skill is the only reason to put points into an otherwise awful tree. (Beyond the t1 passives, which are fine.)

If the nerf is bad, I guess I'll have to look a different spec.

In my opinion, Surging Flames is the most worthless, useless, mind-bogglingly terrible spell I have ever seen. I heal as 46 Purifier/20 Sentinel and have NEVER used Surging Flames. I have no idea why people are up in arms about this spell getting nerfed a tiny bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast