+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Explain - and help - why I suck at PvP healing...

Rift Disciple

Default Explain - and help - why I suck at PvP healing...

I'm currently level 24 and am really enjoying both PvE and PvP in Rift.
    I'm doing well in PvE having healed quite a bit with good results...but...when it comes to PvP I seem to fail miserably. I see in the charts after the game is over that I'm always at the lower end of the healing charts doing anything from 8k-12k healing in both garden and codex.

I'm using one single role for both PvP and PvE, this one:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10jGe.E0E00M.E

I try to keep my gear up to date and putting lower level runes on them (as I craft them myself).
    I focus on Wisdom with Int as secondary.

Suggestions please?

Rift Chaser

PvP heals tend to be not so focused - so a sent/puri build isn't going to benefit you as much as an aoe one (warden). Lots of HoTs + heaps of AoE heals makes the warden the best tree for PvP healing. Give a it a try

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by torm3nt View Post
    PvP heals tend to be not so focused - so a sent/puri build isn't going to benefit you as much as an aoe one (warden). Lots of HoTs + heaps of AoE heals makes the warden the best tree for PvP healing. Give a it a try
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!
    Would you have a handy link to a Warden/HoT based healing spec that would work well in PvP already at my lvl?

Shadowlander

I have had a lot of luck with a puri/sent build at lower levels 10-30 pvp. I leave the splash healing to the bards/mages and try to focus on people taking real damage. If there is none the I try to stop caps with Water Jet or put out a bit of offensive pressure. Just remember not to tunnel vision on any one aspect of the WF and do what ever is needed at the moment.

Soulwalker

Jenna's second build is what I would recommend. If you can get templar, put five into it instead of sent. I find if I stay in the back, there's usually one rogue/warrior that comes for me. Detaunt will save you in that situation.
    Last edited by Auger; 03-22-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Shadowlander

I do warn you. Warden will push you up on the charts but you may find yourself frustrated trying to bring people up from any sort of focus fire.

Soulwalker

I went with this build http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00Gej..xebtozz.x0h.

Once you hit 26 Warden and get Curative Waters, life is a little easier. The pulsing cure is the only way I can beat a Sabo 1v1. I didn't bother with Deluge improvements because unless you have a few hots on the target already, Healing Grace from Sentinel heals more.

Tidal Resonance is one of my favorite talents because it does work off of hot crits, so if Healing Flood is up it should go off fairly often.

Telaran

Nah, at this level, Justica/Inquisitor/Sentinel build will top both dps and heal chart. Only class can possibly beat you is bard. You can go with Cabalist, Inquistor, sentinel for best DPS but u will lose tons of survivability.
    Last edited by Princess Lily; 03-23-2011 at 01:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread