+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting to 50 toughness as a Justicar

Soulwalker

Default Getting to 50 toughness as a Justicar

Hello, I've been tanking as a Justicar pretty much since level 1, I am now level 50 (I took my time), and I am trying to gather the armour to raise my Toughness to 50, since that is the "Minimum" for Tier one expert dungeons.

I know how to get 20 easilly because of the Runeshard, but I am at a loss of how to pick up that extra 30 before I actually start on experts.

I have been told that the level 50 dungeons CC and AP drop toughness armour, but I have not seen any, and I saw a loot table for those places and neither of them showed toughness gear as available drops.

Can anyone offer me some help? Thanks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by SunsoarS View Post
    Hello, I've been tanking as a Justicar pretty much since level 1, I am now level 50 (I took my time), and I am trying to gather the armour to raise my Toughness to 50, since that is the "Minimum" for Tier one expert dungeons.

I know how to get 20 easilly because of the Runeshard, but I am at a loss of how to pick up that extra 30 before I actually start on experts.

I have been told that the level 50 dungeons CC and AP drop toughness armour, but I have not seen any, and I saw a loot table for those places and neither of them showed toughness gear as available drops.

Can anyone offer me some help? Thanks.
    I can say for sure +13 toughness shoulders drop from AP and +13boots from CC on normal. In addition you can get a crafted blue legs for toughness from armorers and (much rarer) epic chest with toughness from armorcrafting. Other than that you really dont have many options for toughness.

Soulwalker

Thanks a lot!

Shadowlander

run a few t1s as a healer or dps

toughness boots cost 20 plaques, shoulder costs 30

50 toughness achieved.

there's also a recipe armoursmiths can make for i think a chest piece, i shall see if i can check tomorrow (or if the armoursmith notices this he might post for me )

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

CC boots +13
    AP Shoulder +13
    AS Legs +13
    RC chest enchant +10

13+13+13+10=49

Honestly you only need like 25 or so for t1's unless your healer is completely useless or bad ***.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    CC boots +13
    AP Shoulder +13
    AS Legs +13
    RC chest enchant +10

13+13+13+10=49

Honestly you only need like 25 or so for t1's unless your healer is completely useless or bad ***.
    If you are going in to your T1s with 25 I dont want to be your healer thanks, they are designed and balanced around the tank having 50 toughness.

and it seems the toughness crafted piece is the leggings that i was thinking of (the 13 above)

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shadowlander

on sort of the same topic
    i've looked at the loot tables for t2 and can't find any epic tanking chain with toughness, i assume we are expected to farm badges for 150 toughness for raids??
    there is a 14+chest toughness rune as well

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    CC boots +13
    AP Shoulder +13
    AS Legs +13
    RC chest enchant +10

13+13+13+10=49

Honestly you only need like 25 or so for t1's unless your healer is completely useless / bad OR is utilizing a bad build / spec ***.
    Updated it for you

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by brewkt View Post
    on sort of the same topic
    i've looked at the loot tables for t2 and can't find any epic tanking chain with toughness, i assume we are expected to farm badges for 150 toughness for raids??
    there is a 14+chest toughness rune as well

bumped it for ya

snc
    Rift Disciple

You don't need toughness for tier 1's. It's really easy. Use tier 1's to get your badges to buy gear for tier 2.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    If you are going in to your T1s with 25 I dont want to be your healer thanks, they are designed and balanced around the tank having 50 toughness.
    trying to heal a chain tank that can get critted, healer gets cc'd or los and bam wipe.

also i have only been able to find legs from expert IT that have toughness on, i don't think its fair that tanks have to grind badges and take longer to gear than other role who both get badges AND gear from experts

trying to heal a chain tank that can get critted, healer gets cc'd or los and bam wipe.

also i have only been able to find legs from expert IT that have toughness on, i don't think its fair that tanks have to grind badges and take longer to gear than other role who both get badges AND gear from experts
    I have considerably more toughness now, but I tanked my first T1 experts with 13 Toughness and a couple green armor slots with no wipes. We even did IT as a 4-man as a Mage left after first boss. It's not as difficult as you make it sound.

Ascendant

From a chloro healing perspective toughness matters very little in T1s. What does matter is sitting at a nice HP count so when those crits hit, they don't take over 60% of your hp.

Only to the same point a plate tank could get critted, seriously I have healed plate tanks who take more damage than justicars in the dungeons.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast