+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My T1/2 Healing advices

Soulwalker

Default My T1/2 Healing advices

Hey everybody.

I want to make a post about T2 Expert healing. I will talk about my rotation, my panic buttons and some general healing tactics.

So first of all, here is my build. 34Puri/32Sent/warden
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...tzqz.E0xtcczco
    It's a concept from Khaz in eclipse, with a small modification that Kask came up with.

With this specc you have 3 important procs.
    Serendipity
    Ancestral Flame
    Enflamed Rejuvenation

These three procs seems to significantly improve your overall healing and the ability to keep the tank and the rest of the party alive.

To start with I always buff the tank with Surging Flames and Latent Blaze. Key is to keep the Latent Blaze on the tank all the time. It has saved Samnu alot for money in mend costs during our T2 runs. It's a real life savior. The Surging Flames is an excellent party healer. Since we use both a Chloro and a Cleric we do overheal the tank all the time and there by it heals the whole party aswell. At some bosses this is like Charlie Sheen says:

EPIC WIN.

So I basically only use Restorative Flame as my main heal. I spam it all the time. When a spike dmg hits the tank and he drops below 60% i usually finish the heal I'm already casting and spam away Healing Breath.

I use three panic macros.
    First one is for the tank:
    #show Flashover
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Restorative Flame
    This macro will instantly send a Restorative Flame that crits. For me that means around 4k heals. Since the cooldown is short (45 sec) you can use it all the time. If the tank is under 50% you should spam this. Remember that you will have to spam the button three times. One for each ability.

second one is for the party:
    #show Flashover
    cast Flashover
    cast Touch the Light
    cast Healing Communion
    this will make a instant crit heal for the whole team. around 1,5k.

Last one is a 'save myself from dying of adds'-macro.
    #show Shield of the Ancestors
    cast @self Shield of the Ancestors
    cast @self Healing Breath
    cast @self Healing Flame
    What this does it that it cast a shield on me if its not on cd, if its on cd it casts an instant heal or if they're both on cooldown it cast a quick heal on me. Note that this macro will not break your focus from the tank. So it comes really in handy when the tank takes a lot of dmg at the same time as myself.

Tho most of the time its just better to send away the tank saving panic macro and make sure it overheals. that way you will get 70% of the overheal because of the Surging Flames.

For bossfights when we know that there will be a spike dmg at a certain point I use Healers Covenant.
    The 40% dmg reduction for 8 sec is a must in some fights.

I try to use Fiery Blessing as often as possible. But most of all I like to save it for the times when everything goes wrong and I really don't feel like wipeing. I use Fiery Blessing in combination with Healers Haste

Obviously i use all my cds in these situations.

So here is the rotation, on ready check i throw Ward of the Ancestors on the tank. When the tank starts to run towards the pack/boss/whatever i load my first Restorative Flame.
    You should practice on this, the key is for the heal to hit right after the first hit on the tank to prevent him from getting kill'd if the pack/boss/whatever should get a crit on the first hit.
    From that point I just spam it and throw a Ward of the Ancestors whenever it's up.
    If I need a quick party heal i either use the party heal macro or Divine Call. Note that in some cases is just better to overheal the tank to heal the party. But if the tank is low and the rest of the team is low its time for the party heal macro. Also note that Healing Breath will heal two nearby party/raid members.
    For most bosses and packs this rotation will do the trick.

Please feel free to contribute to these T2 healing advices. I'm not saying that they are perfect. But this is how I do it now.

And please ask questions if you have any.

Love,
    Dunder
    Last edited by Dundersaft; 03-22-2011 at 04:21 PM.

I've never played purifier , but this seems like a solid spec . Will try it out . Thanks

My build is very similar, but I have a question. Have you ever thought about using both Healing Invocation and Restorative flame by alternating? Or do you find that the points allocated to that spell are not worth it? Currently I find it nice, as the tank always maintains a HoT while I am using Restorative Flame, also putting a shield on him via Ancestral Flame. Interested in getting an opinion from someone who runs t2 for someone who is about to

Rift Chaser

I will try out this spec tonight. I tried a purifier/sentinel spec but I felt that the lack of mobility hurt a LOT. Casting a 3s heal as your main heal makes me very nervous since if you have to move (AoE ground attack, add aggro, etc) you essentially have no healing on the tank.
    I also found the tank's health to be a bit of a rollercoaster -- 50%->100%->50%->100%
    Makes the tank really nervous to see their health jump up and down so frequently.

I've been running this spec and have had no problems with T1/T2
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...stco.xE00quoqz

Keeping the rotation is tough, but adds a significant amount of mobility. My HoTs tick for ~900hp, with serendipity procing on HoTs constantly I can cast my deluge (which heals for more than HI) in 1s and HI in 1.5s.
    No blessings though which I really miss. AoE heals on Warden though are ridiculously strong. Basically, if the entire party gets low, they (minus the tank) huddle by me and my AoE heals them all to full health in ~1-2s. Though I tend to not let them get that low

How are you holding up at mobility? Also, how's your mana consumption?

Lastly, what is your stand on Ward of the Ancestors? I find that mine usually shields ~800 damage with a 1.5s cooldown. I've learned to only cast it on the tank before aggro since the 1.5s seemed more beneficial used casting Restorative Flame than Ward of the Ancestors
    Last edited by Mato; 03-23-2011 at 05:51 AM.

Soulwalker

This is really interesting stuff, it's a relief to see someone post something informative on the Cleric forums.

Healed for most of my raiding days on WoW (resto Sham), currently spec'd heavily into Warden for leveling up dungeons - so I suppose my query is; is HoT healing just not viable for expert dungeons due to the tank taking too much spike damage? I'm quite enjoying Warden healing so far, as I'm coming on for the end level and plan to start doing Exp dungeons, should I consider taking this build or trying my luck with HoT healing?

Prophet of Telara

currently running a full 51 pur/15sent

i have played with a split pur/sent, mainly due to the serendipity of sent along with easy crits from pur (flame blessing and flashover)

what it basically gives you is a 100% 1.5sec cast to continue your burst macro (touch the light+flashover+3sec cast) meaning ~5.5-7.5k heal and 1.2k shield within 3secs and if you want you can continue with flame blessing and proc somewhat reliably another 2-3 crit casts with 1.5sec cast each healing for another 3.3k +0.6k each giving you the mother of all times burst healing.

if it is really necessary for me to proc so many times i usually cast the instant aoe heal after the 1st ancestral flame after the flame blessing ensuing almost always that 1 more serendipity proc.

this alongside with covenant can give your tank a relative 20-25sec of immunity to whatever happens.

what is i believe the major drawback of that build is the serendipity bug.

on the other hand by going full purifier i gain a 100% chance to mitigrate 7.5k+ damage with 1 instant cast and a godly single target heal that shields 5times for 1.1k and heals 5times for 600-700hp in 4 secs, meaning a 3.5k heal (non-crit) and a massive amount of shielding (enough to stop most bosses dps by at least 50%) in a 4sec span.

the only thing i miss is the covenant and serendipity, but i also gain ~250hp more on all of my shields except the shield of ancestral that has only a slightly less increase (about 200hp) but if and when i reach a massive amount of sp (currently i have 960) it may get an even bigger increase than the rest of the them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruatek View Post
    This is really interesting stuff, it's a relief to see someone post something informative on the Cleric forums.

Healed for most of my raiding days on WoW (resto Sham), currently spec'd heavily into Warden for leveling up dungeons - so I suppose my query is; is HoT healing just not viable for expert dungeons due to the tank taking too much spike damage? I'm quite enjoying Warden healing so far, as I'm coming on for the end level and plan to start doing Exp dungeons, should I consider taking this build or trying my luck with HoT healing?
    warden healing is viable for t1. in t2 the opinions are split. if you play warden properly you can achieve more hps than any other healing soul, but you lack oh-**** buttons. this means that if for some reason (and there exist many of them) your rotation is broken up, then you start fighting a lost battle.

also spike damage in t2 is extremely high, meaning that it is much harder for a warden to save the tank if anything bad happens.
    Last edited by shroudb; 03-23-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Personally, I have a Puri/Sent spec very similar to OP, but I also have a Warden/Sent spec for AoE and mobility. I'd normally have very little problem going through the entire dungeon as my Warden/Sent, but on Trash mobs, and Boss Fights where I know I can stand still at least for 3 seconds at a time, it is slightly easier as the Purifier. Whenever we are fighting AoE, or on Boss fights where I either have to be mobile or short cast, I switch to my Warden Spec. Not sure about t2, but in my experience in t1, Neither has problem on trash, Puri/Sent is better on bosses you can stand still for, and Warden is better if you need to be mobile. Consider the fact that if the Devs make a boss where you HAVE to be mobile, they wouldn't want you to spec Purifier/Sentinel for the fight anyways.

Also, from what I hear (the numbers certainly make sense and for good reason) Warden heals scale the best out of all the healers. Sometimes it is a question of burst though, and can your Warden handle burst? Most likely, you just need a good rotaton.

Rift Chaser

Look at my post. I run T1/T2 with warden/sent build all the time. I find it heals just as much or more than sent/purifier, with less ping-pong of the tank's health

It looks like a solid spec. I would however never go back to Purifier until they fix their shields.

Just want to say that I have never used the spec you linked and it might work much better then the specs I ran when trying different souls.

So here is my story and the reasons why I ended up playing as a Warden in T2.

When I started to run T1 I was Purifier (since it worked really well in normal mode dungeons while I leveled up) I however changed quite soon since I don't like all the situational stuff Puri got, I'd rather have stuff that works all the time . Also I thought that the shield where really useless since they don't scale and it takes one hit to take away the shield.

So I respecced to Sentinel, it worked great for T1 I did all my T1 runs with sentinel I found it a little boring though since it's like only casting Healing Invocation while clearing trash. But it worked so I kept it.
    We started then to run T2 and I still had my Sentinel spec, it worked decent had to work a bit more to keep the tank up, had to run with chloro and bard a lot more then usual. Also it was much harder to land Healing Invocation on boss fights since quite a lot of them requires you to move around. So I thought I'd try the warden spec out since I had heard it get quite powerful once you have some decent amount of spell power, also warden spells are insta cast or 2 second casts.

So I specced 44/22/0 Warden/Sentinel/Purifier. And I was amazed how well it performed, right after I speced I think my hots where ticking for about 700 (thats what my healing grace healed for ever 2sec, so I thought it's like healing grace spam while I can cast other stuff). Now I think my hots run for little more then 800/tick, I can cast Healing Current indefinitely.

Healing Invocation is nothing I usually cast I have it only so I can macro it with Tidal Surge and Touch the Light for an instant panic heal.
    Going 22 into sentinel also gives Healer's Covenant which is a life saver in many situations, AoE cleanse is also too good to miss out on.

For me and my play style warden is just too much of a beast when it comes to a balance between healing power and mobility to spec anything else at the moment
    Last edited by freche; 03-23-2011 at 06:15 AM.

personaly i wouldnt really bother with 3 meters aoe range.. as its fine without them in t1/t2 .. never ever had a problem with someone beeing too far.. and thats 3 points free for u.. i'd start with shared recovery, i love this especialy in situations like u said when both u and tank are damaged.. when little adds are tickling u, you can just cast shared recovery and heal urself+ tank and it only costs 1 point so.

i wouldnt put points in Protection of the ancestors, 830 shield or w/e is more than enough as also it rarely happens when i get damaged = tank fail.. and u can easily save ur self without wasting 5 points to increase the 830 shield by 50%. i'd put those 5 in Spirit Guidance i guess .. 5% wisdom is nice.

btw, what is ur opinion on caregivers blessing's? im thinking to start purifier soul.. is this really gimped or useful or ?
    See you all in Wildstar!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Look at my post. I run T1/T2 with warden/sent build all the time. I find it heals just as much or more than sent/purifier, with less ping-pong of the tank's health
    Just saw it after I posted, also good stuff. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    personaly i wouldnt really bother with 3 meters aoe range.. as its fine without them in t1/t2 .. never ever had a problem with someone beeing too far.. and thats 3 points free for u.. i'd start with shared recovery, i love this especialy in situations like u said when both u and tank are damaged.. when little adds are tickling u, you can just cast shared recovery and heal urself+ tank and it only costs 1 point so.

i wouldnt put points in Protection of the ancestors, 830 shield or w/e is more than enough as also it rarely happens when i get damaged = tank fail.. and u can easily save ur self without wasting 5 points to increase the 830 shield by 50%. i'd put those 5 in Spirit Guidance i guess .. 5% wisdom is nice.

btw, what is ur opinion on caregivers blessing's? im thinking to start purifier soul.. is this really gimped or useful or ?
    I don't know about OP, but I like it.
    Just like Ancestral Flame, the actual shield isn't amazing, but it softens the next blow while you are waiting for your 3 second heal. Also cool is it seems that Ancestral Flame stacks with Caregiver's Blessing. At least, both icons appear together instead of overriding one another. It's an instant cast that barely costs mana and recharges after a few pulls (not that I even use it other than Boss fights which I only feel I need to do to play it safe).
    Last edited by Brell; 03-23-2011 at 06:34 AM.

I've got the exact same souls with the exact same points! Well done!

I don't use any of the Purifer heals though. I mainly just spam Healing Invocation with the added points to make it do a heal over time of 30% (?) of it's heal to the target, and with Surging Flames that usually means (now) 50% of the heals over time go to the party.

Your rotation is identical to mine but I use sentinel heals instead of Puri.

~Krim

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Telaran

I've had extreme success with a similar build for t1s.

I've even been called the best healer on the shard by a couple people and I bet its just because of this build. So many cool downs you can almost healing anything every two minutes.

Tank accidently pull another group? Through 40% damage reduction on him and healers hast + crit blessing and watching the numbers fly.

Just starting t2 with it so I can't really comment. Just finished DD last night though.

for anyoen who knows me, I am not a self reighous carebear who spouts about my leet raiding skills... because im a pvper.
    but I seem to have been sucked into a solid group of guys who bring me along in their t2 content so now that I am halfway geared out of t2 and have done all of its content other than 5 hour epic marathon known as CC... ill give my feedback.

Im a purifier. like 100% purifier.
    The "ohnoes" buttons I have notice really dont mean anything. points put in purifier make your shields larger but they never seem to become large enough to be worth the global cooldown on bosses. and spec does not effect the MOST IMPORTANT SHIELD OF ALL..... which is the shield that is attached to the end of the 3 sec heal. if that shield was 35% larger it would go from 400 to 540!
    I pretty much find myself using the 3 sec heal over and over, because the over healing spreads to the party and im prety much giving the tank 400 extra HP.
    Keep is simple

but Rite of ancestors is just too huge of a boon against bosses that I dont know if I can give up. the bosses that will kill your tank usually hit slow. and rite of ancestors only triggers once per 3 sec... which is basically every boss hit.
    now conflageration i must say is the most powerful skill in any healing tree... which is my opinion. but it dosent work in boss fights as it is a singular slow large hit. so I am thinking about dropping it.

my question is, with the 50/50 split spec, will restorative flam hit harder than healing invocation?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast