+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: I'm a level 30 Cleric and I seriously suck at PvP.

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    456

    Default I'm a level 30 Cleric and I seriously suck at PvP.

    Seriously suck. I thought I had it together because my Justicar heavy Jus/Shaman/Pur did reasonably well in PvP warfronts, but the minute I get into serious open world PvP, even with the other guy 5 levels below me, I somehow manage to suck and eventually die. It takes a while, but I die even with having two shield buffs to rotate through with addition to heavy tank points in Jus.

    I think I've confused being a tank with managing to somehow hold off another player and win, but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Thoughts, suggestions, tribunal to judge me for my suckness? HALP.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

  2. #2
    Ascendant Chomag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    I saw a 38 champ beating the crap out of a 50 champ though with no tier gear. Some players just faceroll really good.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    I saw a 38 champ beating the crap out of a 50 champ though with no tier gear. Some players just faceroll really good.
    I've meditated on this.

    I think I just really suck right now.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    Seriously suck. I thought I had it together because my Justicar heavy Jus/Shaman/Pur did reasonably well in PvP warfronts, but the minute I get into serious open world PvP, even with the other guy 5 levels below me, I somehow manage to suck and eventually die. It takes a while, but I die even with having two shield buffs to rotate through with addition to heavy tank points in Jus.

    I think I've confused being a tank with managing to somehow hold off another player and win, but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Thoughts, suggestions, tribunal to judge me for my suckness? HALP.
    At 30 Justicar I soloed a level 39 warrior (don't remember souls), then later a Sabo that thought they could tank me with their face because they were 9 levels higher.

    Unfortunately there are a lot more things going on. For example those 2 level 39's I beat down could have had terrible gear and I've been in mostly blues since 25ish. They could have been terrible.

    Also what classes are you losing to? How is your gear? Are you aware that Glacial Shield and the Purifier shield don't stack so casting one while the other is on just wastes it (at least from my experience)? I'm assuming that you're using Doctrine of Bliss and Reprive when needed? Humility to keep them in range for beatings?

    Right now it's just guesswork without more detail on what happened....

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VisceralMonkey View Post
    Seriously suck. I thought I had it together because my Justicar heavy Jus/Shaman/Pur did reasonably well in PvP warfronts, but the minute I get into serious open world PvP, even with the other guy 5 levels below me, I somehow manage to suck and eventually die. It takes a while, but I die even with having two shield buffs to rotate through with addition to heavy tank points in Jus.

    I think I've confused being a tank with managing to somehow hold off another player and win, but it doesn't appear to be working for me. Thoughts, suggestions, tribunal to judge me for my suckness? HALP.
    I do apologize but this made me laugh. Purely because I think it's just your spec, not necessarily that you suck. In open world PvP, apart from void knights, I can take out pretty much anyone using an inq/cab build, which also happens to be my pve build

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InBobWeTrust View Post
    At 30 Justicar I soloed a level 39 warrior (don't remember souls), then later a Sabo that thought they could tank me with their face because they were 9 levels higher.

    Unfortunately there are a lot more things going on. For example those 2 level 39's I beat down could have had terrible gear and I've been in mostly blues since 25ish. They could have been terrible.

    Also what classes are you losing to? How is your gear? Are you aware that Glacial Shield and the Purifier shield don't stack so casting one while the other is on just wastes it (at least from my experience)? I'm assuming that you're using Doctrine of Bliss and Reprive when needed? Humility to keep them in range for beatings?

    Right now it's just guesswork without more detail on what happened....
    Two separate incidents, some kind of casters in both cases, which surprised me. I am aware that they don't stack, but, when one takes its max damage and before it's available to cast again, I can use the other to take up the slack. Doctrine of bliss, YES, Reprieve, YES, Humility YES. And yet I still seem to lose. Now, true it takes a long time, but I can't seem outlast them..which is what I thought the point to the Justicar pretty much was. Maybe I'm just freaking out over losing so badly to classes 5 levels below me? I hardly expect to win everything, but that was, uh, embarrassing.

    As for gear, pretty much mostly blue gear at level 30 from PvP favor, puzzles, cairns and planar stuff.
    Last edited by VisceralMonkey; 03-22-2011 at 06:21 PM.
    "Ye have the stench of WoW about ya boy! It's the foul odor of sour e-peen and DPS parsers! Cleanse yourself first and then we'll talk!"

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts