+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theorycrafting while waiting for restore Inq/Cab/Sent

Rift Disciple

Default Theorycrafting while waiting for restore Inq/Cab/Sent

I was reading the thread about how BoJ scales as a 1.5 cast time spell, so the 5 points into the talent really just make it "normal". Then I was wondering, if you didn't use that, where would you put the talent points and what would you use as your "bread and butter".

What I was thinking (again, no access to my cleric at the moment to test things)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...xzqz.VxVo.Voxz

Would open with Dark Water/Sanction/Vex then Shards of Light x2 then refresh the DoTs.

If you have to move, you at least get partial damage from the channel (though use all the mana?), which is less of a hit to DPS than having to move during a 3s BoD.

I also read that the 2 crit talents stack additively.

So with the crit chance, crit armor and luminous gaze, crits are fairly likely. You also have fanaticism for forced crits.

Any idea what this would look like in practice?

Rift Disciple

No one has tried shards in a dps build?

I did a forum search and came up empty.

Default no

dark water and shards of light are not worth casting for anybody and besides you have to max inquis for ritual of judgment. going to take a full raid for luminous gaze to be worth casting and i think its bugged anyway and doesnt stack with anything.

Rift Disciple

Luminous Gaze does not stack with the assassin crit chance debuff poison, and theirs is basically maintained all the time, so it will probably be up on all raid mobs - it also takes a global cooldown and only lasts 15secs, that means that you lose 10% of a 15 sec rotation just to keep it up. It is not worth it, except for a full sentinel spec to do when you have nothing to do (like when the tank is not taking any damage because of a certain boss phase or something).

I have not tested a single rotation that casting dark water is a dps improvement except doing nothing but channeling decay single target. Dark water SUCKS to the point that it must be a bug that it is getting such a low spellpower contribution. It should be instant cast and a "dark" version of sanction heretic.

Shards of Light also is not a dps boost. Spamming Light Bolt yields more DPS. Shards of light is good for PvP since you cant LoS a channeled spell once it begins channeling.

+ Reply to Thread