+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heal Cleric for PvP

Plane Touched

Default Heal Cleric for PvP

Right now at level 37 I am loving the Warden tree for WF's. I like being able to constantly cast on the move so I can at least get some form of heals on all the overextenders. So my main question is....will the Warden tree work at level 50 pvp or should I look into sent/puri to fill that role? Opinions anyone?
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

warden is horrible pvp spec, you cant really save anyone being even remotely focused for the most part, sent/ puri is in my exp and opinion the beesnees for pvp healing
    I am not healing at the moment because I don't want to, you suck becuase you have to. At least I have a choice.

Ascendant

Warden is going to be more useful in the long run, with all the CC in the game. If you actually have the time to cast that you would need to do anything worthwhile in Sentinal/Purifier, you've got time to use some of Warden's cast-time spells which are quite decent (Orbs, deluge on a target with stacked stream, etc.)

Granted, if your opponents are terrible and leave you alone for long stretches of time, you'd be better off as a sentinel or purifier. But you don't get those opportunities against good players.

Telaran

The whole point of being cleric is the burst heal. If you want to be wardens, why not just roll a bard which can easily top AoE heal (hots)

LOl i tried both and i sit in sent puri( puri side to keep me alive long enough for my team to peel) I have never had luck with keeping anyone alive long enough to stack enough hots to be wort ha crap unless your healing that person who does not actually need hots right now anyways. and My mobile healing with sent/puri is actually stilll good
    Here is my build thus far, still tweakign it but its doing good for me atm :

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x0bstc.vgzVh0z

and yes i can keep a person up through a 3-4 person focus, till thye get out of the focus or someone kills the dps. myself included

Naw warden heals are pretty good if you have the time ot stack the hots and start deluging, but by the time someone needs a heal it to late to save them with warden, unless your going crazy and 4 stacking everyone you see at all times
    Last edited by Apiusmon; 03-22-2011 at 03:06 PM.
    I am not healing at the moment because I don't want to, you suck becuase you have to. At least I have a choice.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Apiusmon View Post
    LOl i tried both and i sit in sent puri( puri side to keep me alive long enough for my team to peel) I have never had luck with keeping anyone alive long enough to stack enough hots to be wort ha crap unless your healing that person who does not actually need hots right now anyways. and My mobile healing with sent/puri is actually stilll good
    Here is my build thus far, still tweakign it but its doing good for me atm :

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x0bstc.vgzVh0z

and yes i can keep a person up through a 3-4 person focus, till thye get out of the focus or someone kills the dps. myself included

Naw warden heals are pretty good if you have the time ot stack the hots and start deluging, but by the time someone needs a heal it to late to save them with warden, unless your going crazy and 4 stacking everyone you see at all times
    You are right. The current WF stats are messed up. It only shows total healing done which is very misleading. It makes Bard, Chloromencer and Warden players feel good. Unless you put 51 points into warden, it is useless against premade. Down pour is pretty nice.

Ascendant

I'm also speaking in terms of more than just warfronts, given I play on a PvP server. In smaller-scale, more spontaneous PvP where you're less likely to get sudden 4-player focus trains, you've got time to stack some hots and keep them rolling on several people.

The best pvp healing in survival, instants, cleansing, special buffs for a partner.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...VuMsoxhooz.Vxk

Telaran

Need new stats, average percentage of healing. It is the average of percentage of HP you heal provides back to player. That is more useful indicator showing how effective your healing is.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    I'm also speaking in terms of more than just warfronts, given I play on a PvP server. In smaller-scale, more spontaneous PvP where you're less likely to get sudden 4-player focus trains, you've got time to stack some hots and keep them rolling on several people.
    Even in a small scale PVP, you need burst heal unless your opponents don't understand focus fire. Your need instant burst heal cast possible from Sentnals or you go Justica to get 4 stack of instant heals too.

Rift Disciple

Been looking at something like this for my pvp healing build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...0x0bstsR.xE00o
    Justicar (16) / Sentinel (34) / Warden (16)

Plane Touched

Well I'm now level 40 and up until the 30-39 WF's I did fairly well. I was able to duo with some random Warrior(yeah I know OP) and we were able to take down 5 with just the two of us. I've got a pretty solid rotation and I'm fairly good at keeping an eye on the battlefield. Now ofc when someone gets traned on it's hard to outheal it. I do have a decent amount into sent for the single target and the aoe heal but I only use the aoe in a clutch(mana consumption is ridiculous). I'll most likely continue to keep Warden as my main but going puri with the shields seems like it would compliment Warden very well. Being able to cast a dmg shield on somone then stack HoT's before the shield drops just seems, well.....kinda broken. But I'll have to play around with it more. The one thing I've noticed in many(not all) WF's is as soon as someone noticed that I'm a heal cleric they stick to me like glue. And running all pugs you don't get many people that are willing to peel...

I'll see how it goes. My playtime has been seriously cut down bc of rl issues but if/when I ever do get 50 I'll have to play around with it more. Who knows, maybe by the time I get 50 they'll have implimented some sort of epic open pvp...time will tell.
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

I am only 33 on my cleric so far, so I can not speak for higher level yet but I am "usually" keeping multiple people alive and topping heal done/dmg taken charts with my warden/sentinel/purifier build. I usually keep focused targets with 4x soothing stream and my aoe heals. When large groups focus on targets healing breath + deluge with 3-4 hots on target seems to work well. Using my instant cast and orbs + hots on myself with shield from purifier keeps me alive through a great deal of focused fire. 22warden/16-18 sent/6 puri so far

+ Reply to Thread