+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mien of Leadership Problem / Oversight?

Rift Disciple

Question Mien of Leadership Problem / Oversight?

Am I the only person that feels that Mien of Leadership should reduce either Healing from other Souls by 40% or damage from other Souls by 40% and not both?

Or find a better way of doing it without making us OP.

Its pretty harsh, I'd be super happy if they removed either one.

Like did the devs think about what kind of effect that Buff nerfing both our out of soul damage and healing by 40% would effect the Justicar in PvE and PvP after being hit with another Damage and / or Healing Reduction Debuff from a Mob / Boss / Player / etc...

I mean you get hit with a 50% Healing Debuff with Leadership up in either PvE or PvP doesn't really matter and now your Justicar Heals are -50% and all other heals are -90%, same thing with a Damage Debuff on that side of the spectrum.

I really feel this was overlooked.

The double dipping of that buff / debuff really hurts, and as far as I know no other tanking soul in the game has to nerf / debuff / hurt its own damage and/or healing ability so bad just to tank effectively, its kinda silly really.
    Last edited by Melatine; 03-22-2011 at 02:20 PM.

http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/17368...Guardian-Phase

Rogues damage reduction is for all damage, including from Riftstalker abilities.
    Jolly fat people are living proof that it is not possible to "laugh your *** off", though we're trying...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Skryth View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/ability/17368...Guardian-Phase

Rogues damage reduction is for all damage, including from Riftstalker abilities.
    I must have missed that, thanks

But yea I still feel they could have done it in a better way or without debuffing both the damage and healing of our other souls, killing any possible synergy with other souls...

maybe its just me *shrug* :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Melatine View Post
    Am I the only person that feels that Mien of Leadership should reduce either Healing from other Souls by 40% or damage from other Souls by 40% and not both?

Or find a better way of doing it without making us OP.

Its pretty harsh, I'd be super happy if they removed either one.

Like did the devs think about what kind of effect that Buff nerfing both our out of soul damage and healing by 40% would effect the Justicar in PvE and PvP after being hit with another Damage and / or Healing Reduction Debuff from a Mob / Boss / Player / etc...

I mean you get hit with a 50% Healing Debuff with Leadership up in either PvE or PvP doesn't really matter and now your Justicar Heals are -50% and all other heals are -90%, same thing with a Damage Debuff on that side of the spectrum.

I really feel this was overlooked.

The double dipping of that buff / debuff really hurts, and as far as I know no other tanking soul in the game has to nerf / debuff / hurt its own damage and/or healing ability so bad just to tank effectively, its kinda silly really.

even with the 40% reduction damage form other souls causes a lot of aggro as its higher already than the justicar by a big chunk and as for the healing, why i mean the point is that you are there to tank and you can so why would they let people make a silly tough healer?

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by paspinall View Post
    even with the 40% reduction damage form other souls causes a lot of aggro as its higher already than the justicar by a big chunk and as for the healing, why i mean the point is that you are there to tank and you can so why would they let people make a silly tough healer?
    yea, I understand that part, being why I said there is probably a better way they could have done it without making it OP, possibly.

I dunno just the double dipping kinda hurts :-/ oh wells, just figured I would see if I was the only one that felt that way.

Its not gonna stop me from using justicar or keep me from tanking, I was just curious about other people / other Clerics' / other Justicar's thoughts on it.

Rift Disciple

Well seems to me you shouldn't be in leadership for PvP, and if you are tanking then your justicar heals will be all you need anyway.

The damage bit I think is to keep it as a tanking skill and not just as an amazing boost for any soul.

+ Reply to Thread