+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cleric PvP melee build

Soulwalker

Default Cleric PvP melee build

Thus far I have been using http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...oAk.euMo0xckRM

I pulled it off of these forums. I am not 50 yet, only level 42. But I would like to know if anyone else thinks maybe some changes to it would help with the build? I would like to to be as good as possible.

One change I was consider was dropping sent for purifier.. basically getting rid of the insta heal and exchanging it for another shield. (This would leave me only to heal with DoB and Glory of the chosen.)
    -Please give me some input on if you think this would be a bad or good thing.

I was also considering going heavier in the shaman tree and not so much into justicar. it seems like the "long memory" in the shaman tree to reset the CD on massive blow would be an awesome addition to throwing crits out to keep Jolt usable.-- Massive blow has a 30% increased crit chance

Anyone that would like to also try this build out and tell me your thoughts? Or any input at all.

Also I said I am not the first poster of this build-I don't recall where I found it, I'm sorry.
    Last edited by Sanguineous; 03-22-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Melee clerics are balls at pvp at 50.

Soulwalker

They are bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguineous View Post
    They are bad?
    Low damage and not enough survivability either. No way to stand up to steamrollers made by Champion Demolishing Equipment Inc.

Soulwalker

Whats a good pvp build then?

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Melee clerics are balls at pvp at 50.
    Thats not 100% True! Melee clerics are only really bad on the Black Garden map. Everywhere else Melee Clerics can compete with other damage classes in terms of damage and KB's. Because of the high melee cleric burst damage you will probably score more kills than a ranged cleric. On the otherhand, you will probably die a lot because you are always on the frontline burning down squishys.

Here's my melee pvp-cleric build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...shk.xuMo.VVhVh
    Pro: Great Burst and sustained damage. Great cc's: a unbreakable aoe root and a snare. 2 Damage Reduction Shields (Don't stack).
    Con: If you aren't hitting someone or shooting someone with a bolt of radiance you have no healing at hand. Only 1.7 crit damage.

Another nice melee pvp-cleric build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...bsAk.xuMo.V0xz
    Pro: 1.9 crit damage, Sentinel instant heals, lifes' vengeance to gain more convictions, hard hitting and critting massive blows
    Con: Not that great cc, good damage if you crit but not that great damage if you don't.

Fact is: melee cleric is a lot of fun in warfronts. With the above mentioned builds you will be doing good damage while you are still able to heal the whole group with your Doctrine of Loyalty and Reparation. Another fact is, that melee clerics are very squishy and are extremly open to all forms of cc. So you will probably gonna die more often that with a ranged spec. But in the end the fun counts and if you like smashing your enemys faces to pulp instead of shooting bolts at them. Melee Cleric is allright for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leinez View Post
    Fact is: melee cleric is a lot of fun in warfronts. With the above mentioned builds you will be doing good damage while you are still able to heal the whole group with your Doctrine of Loyalty and Reparation. Another fact is, that melee clerics are very squishy and are extremly open to all forms of cc. So you will probably gonna die more often that with a ranged spec. But in the end the fun counts and if you like smashing your enemys faces to pulp instead of shooting bolts at them. Melee Cleric is allright for you.
    You and I have a very different view on melee cleric pvp performance...

I re-rolled from a Warrior to a Cleric, and I find the placement of certain talents in the various trees to be a little off. A Champion that subs into Paragon, or a Riftblade that subs into Reaver picks up damage reduction and avoidance without losing any damage, (Things like Bend Like the Reed, Predictable Movements, Crest of the Abyss, Power in the Blood, etc.) while things like Shield of Faith, Ethereal Shell, Blessing of the Martyr, detracts from how much damage you're able to do no matter how you put it.

I just feel like for 15-20 points, I can throw those into Paragon, or Warlord/Reaver for survivability and get way more out of it than the 20 you have to spend to get Shield of Faith/Reparation/Armor of Virtue.
    Mateo of HC/TSG - Long Live The Syndicate!

The statement: "Melee Clerics aren't pvp viable" is just not true. What criteria makes a spec "pvp viable"?

I have come to the conclusion that you need different specs for different warfronts. You just can't play in Black Garden as a frontline melee dude without a pockethealer.

And just because Black Garden pops all the time, the "melee clerics aren't pvp viable" argument stands so strong.

Set up a pvp melee spec and go into a codex or port of scion battle. You will be surprised how viable you are in small group fights.

Champion

I have a couple of melee cleric pvp builds i wanna check out at 50 since i don't really pvp before max level. The one that i think will give me the most fun, especially if it's somewhat successful lol, is this build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...t0c0z.Eqhqukqo

Deep druid + Battle Charge. Using Healing Spray and a Greater Faerie for a slight survivability bump. I can say that Faerie is the most underrated pet in the game. Her heals are suprisingly strong. Her dmg is mediocre, but still useful should i not need the heals.

My other build revolves around deep shaman and lots of utility:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...tbcVk.Vx.Vgbzo

Deep shm of course, but you get tons of utility, offensive and defensive, from the Inq and Ward trees. Offensive and defensive purges, ranged snare, dot and dd ranged attacks for pressure when not in range, snare/root immunity, lots of healing for survivability, and more. I think this build is going to be the more effective of the two. Also, if you wanted to drop one of the sub trees out in favor of Templar, i think that would work too; you could have a defensive utility build or an offensive utility build.

there's also probably a build going deeper druid (44 pts) and then Inq/Temp or Ward/Temp, but i just really like battle charge. I would also like to say, i don't really like Satyr. He's lackluster, especially in comparison to what the greater faerie can do.

The 2nd build looks pretty fun. If you can get it to work, go for it! Especially the root/snare immunity is great.

Druid pets go down really fast in warfronts. And the utility or damage you get out of them isn't enough to go deep into the tree just to get the greater faerie and especially not the satyr. My opinion to druid pets.

The awesome druid abilitys are: Eruption of Life, Bombard and of course Crag Hammer. The hammer will stack with vengeance of the winter storm. This damage is just on top of every hit. Stone Burst is pretty good too.

If you can, i would get Rage of the North in every melee cleric build. Its just so much burst! And the cooldown isn't that long.
    Honsou - Destiny - Scarhide

Rift Disciple

Not getting all the "PvP builds" without at least 5 points in Templar? Without the 15% less crit at minimum you get blown up so fast as a melee cleric.

Here is a fun one if you have healers already. You put out a ton of healing yourself with Loyalty as well.

Rift Disciple

I use this if there are a lot of Pyros. Purge their buffs and silence^kill. Use the Greater Fairy and turn off his her heals. She crits for over 1400 with combined effort and raged.

Quote Originally Posted by ZtruK View Post
    Not getting all the "PvP builds" without at least 5 points in Templar? Without the 15% less crit at minimum you get blown up so fast as a melee cleric.

Here is a fun one if you have healers already. You put out a ton of healing yourself with Loyalty as well.
    Aye, the -15% crit is a big one to keep yourself from getting blown up.
    Last edited by Gamma Ray; 03-23-2011 at 06:58 AM.

Sure the spec you posted with templar and deep justicar has a lot of survivability, but where is the damage? if you aren't able to kill someone, whats your role? Are you just getting convictions and healing with loyalty? Then you are probably just a tanky melee healer, not melee dps.

Sure its a cleric pvp melee build, but its not there to do damage. its to stay alive on the frontline and healing your allies through your hits and convictions.
    Honsou - Destiny - Scarhide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast