+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem with Cabalist spell

Default Problem with Cabalist spell

As my other Cleric (Deviant) had some problems mastering a multitude of enemies at lvl 18 being Inqui/Purif/Senti
    I made my new Cleric (guardian side)Inquis/Sentinel/Cabalist, taking Cabalist for crowd control. But I am now disappointed with my first spell that supposedly targets up to 3 enemies. This is the Shadow's Touch Spell. I am now level 8 and when I use that spell on two enemies right in front of me, channeling etc., it always ends up that only one enemy is hurt and the other one does not have even 1% damage.

So the spell is not working for me. What am I doing wrong? they stand right next to each other, right in front of me (i.e. not far away)

Soulwalker

You said you were Channeling it? Shadows Touch isn't a channeled spell. Are you sure your not using the other one that kind of looks like Shadow Touch?

ST works fine for me, usually... Sometimes the game just forgets that I casted it. Like, I'll cast it, I'll see it go out and hit a mob, but no damage, no resist, no aggro. Kind of annoying, but meh, could be worse.

Prophet of Telara

you are using the wrong spell. DS is the channeled one and is single target. ST is aoe and is a 2sec cast.

No I said it wrong, I did not channel it. Got mixed up with the channeled one that I got the same time.

OK, I went back into the game and made sure, shadow touch, ok 2 sec cast, did not work. But as somebody said, sometimes it just doesn't seem to come off, so I think that is what is happening. Have to make sure that it actually activated I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Protea007 View Post
    As my other Cleric (Deviant) had some problems mastering a multitude of enemies at lvl 18 being Inqui/Purif/Senti
    I made my new Cleric (guardian side)Inquis/Sentinel/Cabalist, taking Cabalist for crowd control. But I am now disappointed with my first spell that supposedly targets up to 3 enemies. This is the Shadow's Touch Spell. I am now level 8 and when I use that spell on two enemies right in front of me, channeling etc., it always ends up that only one enemy is hurt and the other one does not have even 1% damage.

So the spell is not working for me. What am I doing wrong? they stand right next to each other, right in front of me (i.e. not far away)
    WoW, Inq is fine with multitudes of enemies, but you need Soul Drain which you should have by 18, besides the fact that all you need is a mere 30g to create an alternate build where you could use Cab. I have a cleric too, one with Cab as a main and another alt build with Inq, both work great imho.

Don't bother even touching Cab until you're close to lvl 30, lvl with Inq, then try out Cab.

Shadow's Touch is the least used Cab spell on my hotbar, I rarely EVER touch it.

Use Inq for PvE/PvP until you're near 30, then you can start an alt build and slash the cool downs on Obliterate and your Sigils which make Cab playable imho a lot more. Obliterate and Tyranny are awesome spells. Obliterate smashes a player in 1 vs 1 and Tyranny racks up SICK dmg numbers in warfronts with big AoE numbers, but also is a SICK mana drain, which is why you'll need your Sigil time cut down for Sigil of Power to replenish your pool.

Inq is a bit more boring imho, but much easier at lower lvls to grind with. Cabby isn't an easy soul for newbies.

+ Reply to Thread