+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Level 50 solo questing/rift build

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default Level 50 solo questing/rift build

    Here is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ooeczo.Exd0zMc

    Thought I would share this with anyone who was interested.

    Basically, I have my two heal specs and caster dps spec for running experts. So this only left me with one spec for soloing. Basic theory with this spec is that its a partial tank spec with added damage talents for quicker grinding. This spec allows me to kill 2 elites at a time (sometimes 3 depending on which mobs they are) and easily pull 10+ mobs and aoe them down in approx 15 seconds without breaking a sweat. Not only that but this spec is easily capable of clearing minor rifts solo quite quickly, and depending on the major rift (i.e. which 3rd phase mob you get) is capable of soloing level 45+ major rifts. I have tried a LOT of different specs trying to find one that does everything I need since I don't have a spare role slot and this is the one that I keep coming back to. It's strong, it's survival, it's fun!

    The abilities I use are:
    Solo mobs - Vex, Sanction heretic, Sovereignty, Bolt of radiance, strike of judgment. you could use censure if you wanted I suppose but I don't bother with it for solo play.
    Multiple mobs - pull as many as you want using vex for spammable instant with heals and dmg while setting up. then spam the crap out of Even Justice, it crits a lot, which procs Jolt every cooldown and the mobs drop quickly.. the more mobs you pull, the more you self heal for and therefore you are generally healing for more with just your attacks than any dmg you take from mobs.
    I rarely ever use doctrine of bliss since the self heals keep me up and on elites i prefer to use doctrine of valiance for a quick top up with damage attached.

    I have probably missed a few other things that I use but for the most part this spec is self explanatory.. feel free to ask questions. Hope you enjoy it!

  2. #2
    Plane Walker zwimox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Which tree did you build into first while leveling?
    Ruranak - Cleric - Greybriar - Guardian :: Sacred Haven

    ASrock p67 Extreme6 - i7-2600K @ 4.80Ghz O.C. - 8GB XMS3 - 2x HD6970 - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
    Antec Lanboy Blue - 80GB SSD

  3. #3
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    Dauntless Courage and Lust for Blood really dont buy you much as they won't help you Just/Inq skills.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I didn't level with this spec at all, just one I use now at 50.

    I realise some of the talents focused towards melee dmg don't add a great deal, but the spec works. I have tried numerous other trees for the third soul, druid, cabalist, even senti just for the extra crit / life based attacks, but this one works the best, I can't explain why, it just does. I have honestly spent probably close to 30 plat respeccing and trying out multiple variations because thats the thing I love most about this game. I am not a good theorycrafter, I just try these specs in practical situations and judge them as I see it.

    The self heal, extra heals, shield, single target insta-nuke (Jolt), mana return and 20% crit dmg in the shaman tree justify it more than enough for me and the extra physical crit dmg is just a bonus.

    While levelling I used a much more traditional Justi/shaman/sentinel build, lots of survivability and reasonable kill speed, plus the ability to solo those group quests.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moggalicious View Post
    I didn't level with this spec at all, just one I use now at 50.

    I realise some of the talents focused towards melee dmg don't add a great deal, but the spec works. I have tried numerous other trees for the third soul, druid, cabalist, even senti just for the extra crit / life based attacks, but this one works the best, I can't explain why, it just does. I have honestly spent probably close to 30 plat respeccing and trying out multiple variations because thats the thing I love most about this game. I am not a good theorycrafter, I just try these specs in practical situations and judge them as I see it.

    The self heal, extra heals, shield, single target insta-nuke (Jolt), mana return and 20% crit dmg in the shaman tree justify it more than enough for me and the extra physical crit dmg is just a bonus.

    While levelling I used a much more traditional Justi/shaman/sentinel build, lots of survivability and reasonable kill speed, plus the ability to solo those group quests.
    I tried it and really liked it.

    Also put some of it into a macro... but might miss a few/be the wrong way round... take a look and comment (aoe seperate)


    #show Massive Blow
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Jolt
    cast Censure
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Strike of Judgment
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Posts
    219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moggalicious View Post
    Here is the spec:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ooeczo.Exd0zMc

    Thought I would share this with anyone who was interested.

    Basically, I have my two heal specs and caster dps spec for running experts. So this only left me with one spec for soloing. Basic theory with this spec is that its a partial tank spec with added damage talents for quicker grinding. This spec allows me to kill 2 elites at a time (sometimes 3 depending on which mobs they are) and easily pull 10+ mobs and aoe them down in approx 15 seconds without breaking a sweat. Not only that but this spec is easily capable of clearing minor rifts solo quite quickly, and depending on the major rift (i.e. which 3rd phase mob you get) is capable of soloing level 45+ major rifts. I have tried a LOT of different specs trying to find one that does everything I need since I don't have a spare role slot and this is the one that I keep coming back to. It's strong, it's survival, it's fun!

    The abilities I use are:
    Solo mobs - Vex, Sanction heretic, Sovereignty, Bolt of radiance, strike of judgment. you could use censure if you wanted I suppose but I don't bother with it for solo play.
    Multiple mobs - pull as many as you want using vex for spammable instant with heals and dmg while setting up. then spam the crap out of Even Justice, it crits a lot, which procs Jolt every cooldown and the mobs drop quickly.. the more mobs you pull, the more you self heal for and therefore you are generally healing for more with just your attacks than any dmg you take from mobs.
    I rarely ever use doctrine of bliss since the self heals keep me up and on elites i prefer to use doctrine of valiance for a quick top up with damage attached.

    I have probably missed a few other things that I use but for the most part this spec is self explanatory.. feel free to ask questions. Hope you enjoy it!
    I am only 41, so trying to figure out how to use this spec. At first glance, it seems like the point in Reperation is wasted since this is geared for soloing, and that does not affect yourself at all. Was this put there to climb the tree? If so, I think the point could be better spent in Healers Creed(used for Doctrine of Valiance).


    I wonder if 3 points could be moved from Dauntless Courage into Thick skinned to make it even more survivable. How much damage is physical damage? Isnt most of the damage magical, Life, Air, Death?


    Thanks for posting this, looking forward to setting up a role with this and trying it out. Right now I have my pew pew Inq build and a full tank build...but when soloing in Moonshade/Droughtlands I am finding my Inq to be to squishy when adds come in, and my tank to be so BORING to try to kill stuff that I am getting frustrated with it. I ran into an invasion mob that had adds which would heal him, and he could resummon more faster than I could take him down...so 3 minutes after the fight started we were at the exact same place as before, I was fully healed and mana'd but he was still alive also.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    I tried it and really liked it.

    Also put some of it into a macro... but might miss a few/be the wrong way round... take a look and comment (aoe seperate)


    #show Massive Blow
    cast Sovereignty
    cast Jolt
    cast Censure
    cast Fated Blow
    cast Massive Blow
    cast Strike of Judgment
    I would probably move Fated blow and Jolt to the top of the macro, and also add glory of the chosen, and if you are going to use censure it would make sense to cast it before sovereignty so that it benefits from the extra spell dmg. I use bolt of radiance also, it does almost as much dmg as Sovereignty and it's nice to keep those convictions topped off.

    As far as the point in reparation is concerned, I have never, ever, run out of mana with this spec. The crits keep me topped up most of the time unless I am spamming even justice like a lunatic, and if you ever get low you have purpose and ageless ice to top yourself up. I just figured reparation would be handy if I decided to group for rifts.

    You could definately move points into thick skinned, 3% physical dmg won't make a big difference to this build as you say, it's mostly magic damage. I totally agree with you about the inquis build for soloing, its not really any quicker than this build and you have to worry about mana and surviving, just not worth the hassle. And just as an idea for how strong this build can be, yesterday I was running around stillmoor with a major invasion going on, I pulled 5 invasion spawns, all attacking me, so i would say maybe 25 mobs total, my health never dropped below 60% or so because of the sheer healing output from spamming even justice, I just really love it :P

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    how do you unlock justicar?

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    I like the idea. do you have idea what the dps is like on 10 mobs?

    The reason I ask is to kill 10 level 50 mobs (around 3k HP ea) in 15 seconds you would need to be pulling 2000 DPS....
    I might try this tonight to see if it works.
    p.s how do you pull 10 mobs without some leashing also??
    Last edited by Wadis; 03-20-2011 at 09:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Sorry couldnt edit my post:

    playing around with your spec a little I came up with this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...M00Ic.Exb0kMsh

    still focusing on the strengths of jutsticar, but with some more AoE dmg boost

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    After testing this out tonight, I didn't find it at all effective at soloing elites. mien of leadership and honor no good. I'll stick with the trusty kite method.
    The most mobs i was able to get on me at once was around 6-7 and was pulling a mere 650 or so DPS, which would hardly kill 7 lvl 50 mobs in 15 secs, let alone 10-15.

    I would love to see a video of the OP doing this.
    And i don't mean that as a flame, if he can do as he says i would like to see it in action.
    Last edited by Wadis; 03-21-2011 at 01:38 AM.

  12. #12
    Rift Chaser DrakeFS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    EST Baby
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Try This on for size.

    macro
    Code:
    #show massive blow
    cast jolt
    cast fated blow
    cast eruption of life
    cast bombard
    cast sovereignty
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast massive blow
    cast trickster spirit
    cast strike of judgment
    Pet = Satyr
    Mein = Honor
    Mandate your pet, heal often and go to town on AE pulls of 10+ level 50 mobs.

    2h weapon

    solos level 50 rifts, all 5 stages, easy and any elites outside greenscale blight's area.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeFS View Post
    Try This on for size.

    macro
    Code:
    #show massive blow
    cast jolt
    cast fated blow
    cast eruption of life
    cast bombard
    cast sovereignty
    cast bolt of radiance
    cast massive blow
    cast trickster spirit
    cast strike of judgment
    Pet = Satyr
    Mein = Honor
    Mandate your pet, heal often and go to town on AE pulls of 10+ level 50 mobs.

    2h weapon

    solos level 50 rifts, all 5 stages, easy and any elites outside greenscale blight's area.
    Now this works a bit better, thanks for sharing!

  14. #14
    Rift Master Fudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    608

    Default

    How is it on a pvp server? with the shaman/just build i can kind of hold own against warriors/rogues... but not casters.
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    No idea about pvp since I don't do it, and am on a pve server.
    When I refer to 10+ mobs it usually involves a rift or multiple invasions, there are some places you can pull that many without leashing but I guess my average pull when just grinding would be 6-7 mobs or thereabouts. It's certainly not the fastest spec for killing elites, but it does it at a reasonable pace without any danger. Anyway I made a short vid, I apologise for the bad quality but I have absolutely no idea about video recording and just slapped this together at 5am.. lol

    here's link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAdhxA29iw

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts