+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 60% crit damage/heal bonus?

Soulwalker

Default 60% crit damage/heal bonus?

I've been wondering if following passives stack:

Shaman: Overwhelming
    Inquisitor: Fanatic's Faith
    Sentinel: Walk in the Light

Tried the combination, but I noticed that my DoT crit for about 2 x damage on ticks. My DD damage seemed to have slightly higher crit damage, but unsure if the spell crit for 20% og 60% more.

Soulwalker

Here is the question: Is the 20% a flat added amount or is it 20% extra of 150% total damage?

20%+150%=170%
    20%*150+150%=180%

40%+150%=190%
    40%*150+150%=210%

60%+150%=210%
    60%*150+150%=240%

Depending on how the extra 20% is calculated the damage difference is significant. Going by the wording: "Increases your critical hit and damage healing bonus by 20%" I have to assume the bonus is added not multiplicative. So your observation of 200%~ damage on crit is not unreasonable as according to math you should be critting for 210% damage. The reason your DD is high is most probably because DD deals high enough damage for you to notice the extra 10%.

It stacks and it adds. 210% crit damage.

Did a shaman build with this (needed a purge and interrupt), so I figured I would try out full crit bonus and was blown away by how well this build performs.
    A Justicar's path is not one of ease. But, hey, we do get to hit stuff.

Plane Touched

Yeah, I have two of the +20% crit damage talents at the moment, and crits are indeed quite big.. though I do wish they were more common, as well. A third crit damage increase? Certainly something I've thought about.
    Last edited by Thevryn; 03-19-2011 at 04:14 AM.

ahh cool ^^
    nice to see others that mix around with these kinda builds not just me

wanna ask 1 thing tho.

Stormborn *increas 50% air dmg*
    is that really needed?
    From what i see there is 3 skills that earn something on it.
    Lightning hammer, Jolt and Maelstrom (when u buff it up)

so i havent really bothered to test it.
    but can someone at lvl 50 tell me the diffrence in dmg they get with that on?

Peace
    Sakura
    http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/113504/Defiant.png
    Bloodiron EU PvP
    Sakura - Cleric
    Gaara - Mage
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Noobs-A-Fable
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...nderstand-them
    People need to see these links!

A lot of discussion has been going into another thread about inquisitor builds to get the maximum crit from a Fanaticism + Soul drain combo. The consensus is that grabbing (Sentinel) Walk in the Light and (Inquisitor) Fanatic's Faith is worth it because the prerequisite points are helpful and not a total waste, but the prereqs for (Shaman) Overwhelming are not suited for the Inq/sent build.

As quoted by magik1:
    the 20% crit dmg from shaman takes 10 points and it gets you what else? -5% dmg and a str/dex buff? 10 in sent gets you 5% spelllpower, 20% crit dmg, an instant direct heal, an instant dd, endurance buff, a 2 sec heal, an instant dot, and a res. 5 in warden gets you 10% instant dmg, an instant hot, a 1.5 sec heal+hot, a spammable instant dd, and a knockback on a short cooldown.
    The consensus on that thread was that, you get maximum benefit from going Inq/Sent/Cab for maximum damage, or if you a dying a lot going Inq/Sent/Ward for the above quoted benefits and overall survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Machowden View Post
    Stormborn *increas 50% air dmg*
    is that really needed?
    From what i see there is 3 skills that earn something on it.
    Lightning hammer, Jolt and Maelstrom (when u buff it up)
    It comes down to what else are you going to take. How many points in Shaman? What attack are you spamming?

If you're not spamming crushing blow but are trying to get to the top of the tree, there are a whole lot of useless talents. So having Jolt hit harder may be your best available option.

+ Reply to Thread