Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best PvP cleric build

Soulwalker

Default Best PvP cleric build

I've been looking for "the" best or at least one of the best cleric PvP builds here on the forums, where players have a united opinion. Is there such a build?

The "best" build depends on what you want to do, and who you're playing with. These are my favorite builds, built for AoE damage and CC. They all have a relatively high level of survivability, because I don't trust healers to help me much.

51 Cab/15 Templar/0 (Purifier/Sentinel/Warden)
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...AqtAkdk.xx0M0c

This one is obvious. Max Cab with 15 in Templar for the awesome PvP bonuses (2 minute Break Free, and other abilities will add a lot to your survivability). Pick whatever healing soul you find best suits you.

51 Cab/10 Justicar/5 Sentinel
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00orj.EtAqtAkdk.Vuz.V

My personal favorite. With this build you have 2 ranged instant abilities on short cooldowns that build Justicar combo points (max of 4). Justicar provides you with an ability (Doctrine of Bliss) that heals you instantly with NO COOLDOWN for a significant amount up to 4 times in a row (for each combo point). Also, there is the Sentinel instant heal, which is very nice (8 second CD), not to mention the awesome endurance buff. THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS: You PASSIVELY HEAL for 15.5% of the damage that you do! As a Cabalist, you put out quite a bit of damage when you are in AoE mode, which means that you can pretty much tank damage until you get focused/cc'd.

51 Cab/10 Just/5 Temp
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00orx.EtAqtAkdk.Vuz.x

Basically same as above, but you lose Sentinel abilities (ranged nuke that builds combo points, instant heal, endurance buff), and gain some significant templar damage mitigation, as well as 5 min break free.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the post! What I forgot to mention is that I'm looking for a PvP spec where I'm doing most damage and managing myself in 1v1 and not AoE. I met a cleric earlier which totally overrun me in PvP. He made more damage than me and managed to keep up the heals at all times. Any ideas what spec he could've been?

For more or less solo PvP in warfronts, at level 29 so far, I've been using Inquisitor/Justicar/Purifier.

Justicar to 12 points or so for max passive healing and Doctrine of Bliss, and Purpose for mana gain at 12 root. Purifier at 0 just for the shield (great for picking up the Fang in the Black Garden, or maybe a flag in Codex).

Otherwise focus on Inquisitor, paying attention to instants and crits. I mostly ignore Bolt of Judgment and Bolt of Depravity except for openers and sniping in Codex, unless Life and Death Concord procs off of Sanction Heretic. Hit everyone with Impede and Spiritual Deficiency, Purge whoever you're focusing on, and Sanction Heretic and Bolt of Radiance whenever they're up. Fill with Censure and Strike of Judgment if you're in melee. Soul Drain if you're in a mass of people. I just picked up Trepidation, so I don't know how much fun that will be, but I'm guessing a lot.

At 50, I'll probably have something more like this, but I'm growing organically.
    Last edited by DegnaRed; 03-14-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Telaran

@36 Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden is also has excellent synergy for solo pvp and does well as a questing build too. Playstyle/rotation is similar to the build described in the post above...lots of mobility, good easy-to-apply dps, nasty AoE, cc tools, excellent survivability(talented vex is great + 2 instant heals), and almost everything you use is instant cast. It'll flat out dominate and bully many soul specs, though I find it tough sometimes to bring down healers solo @37(they won't usually kill me, but they will outlast me). Having impede and 2 knockbacks is excellent v. melee. Mana can be an issue in extended fights once you've burned aggressive renewal, but it's a strong solo spec otherwise.

Telaran

Did my first Warfront today (Level 15 still a noob) War/Sen/Pur full healing build. My focus was to keep players up and I did not try to get max healing scores.

However, the other healers around me where getting DOUBLE my heal score.

So I need to ask the question how is healing scored? Are AOE heals giving players a higher score?

In a nutshell trying to provide both a value in PVP for the team as well as give me the rewards to keep me enjoying healing as much as a CAB/INQ build to rack up points.

Thoughts?

Information?

Help?

Thank you in advance

Tal
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zpah View Post
    Did my first Warfront today (Level 15 still a noob) War/Sen/Pur full healing build. My focus was to keep players up and I did not try to get max healing scores.

However, the other healers around me where getting DOUBLE my heal score.

So I need to ask the question how is healing scored? Are AOE heals giving players a higher score?

In a nutshell trying to provide both a value in PVP for the team as well as give me the rewards to keep me enjoying healing as much as a CAB/INQ build to rack up points.

Thoughts?

Information?

Help?

Thank you in advance
    Probably AOE bard heals at that level. They own the meter, because they have 2 aoes heals nonstop (their cadence attack heals + motif of regeneration). They are great for the team, but they are not nearly as effective at spike damage like you'll see on the fang carrier. So try your best to heal the fang carrier. Sentinel and warden will give you aoe heals, too--just keep an eye on your mana bar. Bards don't have to worry about mana.

Rift Chaser

yea, chloro's heal up to 10 ppl with their aoe...bards can heal the entire raid...clerics usually heal abt 5 ppl with their aoe's so bards and chloro's can get bigger numbers...but once u get higher, ur numbers will climb(esp using warden)...once u get soothing stream and ripple, green numbers everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by KonradA View Post
    I've been looking for "the" best or at least one of the best cleric PvP builds here on the forums, where players have a united opinion. Is there such a build?
    Best Cleric PvP build is a healing build.
    <House Palomides> - Cleric - Emberlord

Quote Originally Posted by Defx View Post
    Best Cleric PvP build is a healing build.
    QFT!

Sent/Puri/Justicar seems to be a decent PvP soul combo

Shaman / Justicar / Sentinel - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....ExzxtrsNk.V0x

Great aoe healing through passive damage=healing + Doctrine of Loyalty
    3 Mana regains + 2 active + 1 passive
    Decent damage + great burst with RotN
    Great aoe damage with Strike of the Maelstrom + Avalanche Strike + RotN
    3 ranged instant Convition builders (Almost the best thing about this build) + 1 melee Convition builder

I Really love this build. I can heal pretty decent, i can kill people and i can stay alive during some pressure. Best pvp build i've played so far.

Soulwalker

I've a little into Inqu/Just/and something else but I'm afraid they'll have pretty much the same spells and turn unusefull. I've been looking in lots of forum threads here and almost every PvP build includes lots of points spent in the Inquisitor tree. But what trees are good to combine with Inquisitor?

Ascendant

At level 50, the only option seems to be Justicar.

Otherwise, you die before the initial barrage of stuns, silences, etc wear off.

Rift Disciple

I'm currently going with;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....Vtdztrcmk.Vxz

It has nice survivability, decent damage, and very nice aoe heal + self heal. I run around in Mien of Honor for better justicar heals without loss of damage

I am considering trying out this spec;

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...kR.Vtdztrcmk.m

To get some stun and a last resort heal at the cost of less damage
    Farly - Guardian Cleric, Firesand
    Luisi - Guardian Rogue, Firesand

Quote Originally Posted by narcotico View Post
    @36 Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden is also has excellent synergy for solo pvp and does well as a questing build too. Playstyle/rotation is similar to the build described in the post above...lots of mobility, good easy-to-apply dps, nasty AoE, cc tools, excellent survivability(talented vex is great + 2 instant heals), and almost everything you use is instant cast. It'll flat out dominate and bully many soul specs, though I find it tough sometimes to bring down healers solo @37(they won't usually kill me, but they will outlast me). Having impede and 2 knockbacks is excellent v. melee. Mana can be an issue in extended fights once you've burned aggressive renewal, but it's a strong solo spec otherwise.

I also use Inquisiter/Sentinel/Warden. Lots of instant casts and burst potential. Add to that 3 different heals, offensive dispel, bewilder, aoe fear, a snare and 2 knockbacks. You can make melee cry.

Also Fanaticism+Soul Drain is killer burst aoe.
    Last edited by despite; 03-15-2011 at 04:51 AM.
    This post brought to you in part by IMO.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast