Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CLERIC: Cabalist vs. inquisitor

Soulwalker

Default CLERIC: Cabalist vs. inquisitor

ok so this is my first MMO so be nice I can kill good but I guess you could say im a noob, anayway my friend and i are in this debate about cabalist vs inquis i tried cabalist and loved it and same with inquis but everyone always tells me inquis is better do to the fact that they focus on single target dps. but to the cabalist's defense i think ive found a way t make him a great single target dpser as well. ok so with inquis your gonna be spamming bolt of judgements that have good speed and your bolt of depravity prog sure theres the vex and sanction heretic but thats pretty much the main rotation. nowthe reason why in my hands i can make the cabalist a monster is because shadow's touch statistcly starts off with worst dmage and slower cast time but as you go down the tree it becomes stronger than bolt of judgement.
    second when i cast a shadows touch i immediately do a decay get my lurking decays and boom goes the enemys head(obliterate) with a boss its the same thing except obliterate wont kill so i do another shadows touch followed by istorted shadows followed by decay followed by a sanction heretic. so imo even though the inquis is a better single target i prefer cab becuz i can make him keep the damge going with his channled abilities and i hav all the crit buffs from inquis but i need to know if the inquis is truly better and why. My goal is for when im 50 and raidng i want to do alot of damage to the main target.

ps what i also like about cabalist is that coencidentasly there moves are aoe so i dont hav to spend much points into that part of the tree

what do yu guys think :]

Inquisitor does everything a cabalist does, only better.

Imo, the cabalist soul is junk right now.
    You're cool if you list your computer spec here.

RIFT Fan Site Operator jpoplive's Avatar

Fanaticism + Soul Drain = Winning

Rift Chaser

personally, it just feels like cabalists are late bloomers...esp with the lurking decays not being able to crit...but with symbol of the ancients, cabbies should provide one heck of a punch...=)

Shadowlander

Cabalist is not bad in single target also, I am using cabalist to lvl up and pvp right now, it's good so far. I was using shaman, but now I feel Cabalist is better in both pve and pvp.

Soulwalker

Why not both...

The Cabalist tree really compliments the Inquisitor tree nicely and adds some much needed on demand burst damage with obliterate. Not to mention another way to refill your mana bar.

For PVP 21 in Cab and 13 in Inq works out great for me. You get 3 instant dots, good regen from vex, good burst with Obliterate + Bolt of Depravity, and some decent CC

At 29, I'm speced 13 Inq, 21 Cab, 4 Purifier. The key abilities here are Contempt, Aggressive Renewal, Affinity for Death, and Curse of Solitude. So far its been working great

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fox1531 View Post
    Why not both...

The Cabalist tree really compliments the Inquisitor tree nicely and adds some much needed on demand burst damage with obliterate. Not to mention another way to refill your mana bar.

For PVP 21 in Cab and 13 in Inq works out great for me. You get 3 instant dots, good regen from vex, good burst with Obliterate + Bolt of Depravity, and some decent CC

At 29, I'm speced 13 Inq, 21 Cab, 4 Purifier. The key abilities here are Contempt, Aggressive Renewal, Affinity for Death, and Curse of Solitude. So far its been working great
    Ya, your build is similar to mine, but I use sent for last soul.

Soulwalker

I've been playing cabalist in both pvp and leveling. I've been doing fine. Inquisitor feels better early on, though.

atm im running whit both inq and caba souls. i love the dmg output but i have next to none surv. i have one heal from the sent soul but thats not enough when im solo grinding.

I decided to go for one dps soul and 2 support souls, but i have a realy hard time to decide if i should choose inq or caba.

Atm im only lvl 25, but i love the AOE caba have in bg and rifts and decay is just pure evil

also not sure what healing tree i should go for: warden, sent or puri?

The best AOE spec is a mix of Inquisitor, Cabalist, and JUSTICAR. Justicar is much better than the other healing trees as a tertiary tree, because of the passive heals, and the unlimited self heals from melee hits.

Justicar: 10 (12 if you want the mana root ability)
    Inquisitor: 14 (Vex heal, Aggressive renewal, and soul drain)
    Cabalist: All of the rest.

Please note, this spec isn't effective until you hit around level 30+.

I would recommend doing this:
    Early game: Put 14 points straight into Inquisitor
    Mid game: Start putting points in Cabalist, and then mix in other off healing trees until you can afford 10 points for Justicar. Once you have Cabalist Tyranny (10 points) + Soul drain, you are pretty much set.

Also, on a side note: I don't know why, but Sanction Heretic gives you a conviction (Justicar ability point) which gives you a free heal. The heals are instant, with no cooldown, and at level 36~ or so, they heal for nearly 500, with the Justicar self buffs.

Justicar is much better than the other healing trees as a tertiary tree, because of the passive heals, and the unlimited self heals from melee hits.
    but i never use melee when im running around whit inq build.

not saying your build isnt good but lets compare it abit:

10 points in Purifier gives:
    1 shield, 2 heals (healing blessing even if its 1 min cd its instant and nice when **** hits the fan)

Sentinel 10 points give:
    1 DOT (i like dots^^) 2 heals

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MysticoN View Post
    but i never use melee when im running around whit inq build.

not saying your build isnt good but lets compare it abit:

10 points in Purifier gives:
    1 shield, 2 heals (healing blessing even if its 1 min cd its instant and nice when **** hits the fan)

Sentinel 10 points give:
    1 DOT (i like dots^^) 2 heals
    With Justicar, you get a passive heal on damage (5% of damage into heals), an insta-cast nuke (8 second cooldown), an AoE heal and a self heal (if you spec it). You also get more armour.

The only time you melee are: 1) when you need mana, which will return about 50% of your mana if you spam your one melee attack and 2) When you want to put an increase magic damage debuff on your enemy.
    Last edited by iZoopy; 03-11-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Telaran

All of the potential of the cabalist tree lies in Symbol of the Ancients. Going less than 51 points into Cabalist gimps the dps of the spec, as after 36, every point in cabalist is your highest dps gain. Speccing into cabalist before 36 as your primary spec is inadvisable versus Inquisitor due to the same scaling issue.

Cabalist will be the FOTM spec in about 2 months after everyone realizes what an insane advantage +40% death damage is, especially when you are using 95% death magic.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by urghert View Post
    All of the potential of the cabalist tree lies in Symbol of the Ancients. Going less than 51 points into Cabalist gimps the dps of the spec, as after 36, every point in cabalist is your highest dps gain. Speccing into cabalist before 36 as your primary spec is inadvisable versus Inquisitor due to the same scaling issue.

Cabalist will be the FOTM spec in about 2 months after everyone realizes what an insane advantage +40% death damage is, especially when you are using 95% death magic.
    I tend to disagree on this point.

From a AOE PVE perspective, maybe, but from a PVP perspective 51 pts in Cabalist will gimp your survivability way too much. The low level cc skills in Cab are underwhelming and the sigils you get later in the tree require you to cast them and then cast tryanny. Thats 3 secs of casting to get a 5 sec silence or a 2 sec stun. It could be viable, but I suspect a combination of Inq and Cab will be the norm.

[Edit]

I have to admit, Sign of Asias does look nice and could make that build more desirable.
    Last edited by Fox1531; 03-11-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by iZoopy View Post
    With Justicar, you get a passive heal on damage (5% of damage into heals), an insta-cast nuke (8 second cooldown), an AoE heal and a self heal (if you spec it). You also get more armour.
    The only time you melee are: 1) when you need mana, which will return about 50% of your mana if you spam your one melee attack and 2) When you want to put an increase magic damage debuff on your enemy.
    If you have 10 points in Justicar you heal for 15% of damage done due to talents + mein. Tis wonderful. 37.5% when you use the Justicar nuke, which hits for almost as much as BoJ.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast