+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: A Cleric Leveling Build

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dignityy View Post
    I might have missed this, but what weapon do you go for? 1h + shield or a 2hander?
    there is no use for shield in whole cleric calling

Soulwalker

This is the best guide I have seen so far. And not so much because of the build, it is because I have discovered the 'greatness' that is the macro. I have been running shm/inq/sent or just and never with a macro.

The last time I used a macro, well the last time I was into an mmo, was EQ and I quit that about 6 years ago. As you can imagine the only macro I ever had as a ranger in EQ was /autofollow or some goofy inc message, lol. So as I am always looking for a way to improve my toon, I read this thread and gave it a go.

All I can say is WOW. The shm/dru/sent without a doubt is awesome by itself, but when I built that macro it was like my dps instantly doubled, maybe more. There is no way I was as effective with the button mashing doing every action individually. I would miss the special popup attacks because it just wouldn't go down with my mouse. I chalked it up as bug but I could nothave been more wrong. The macro misses nothing, unless there's a cooldown.

lol ya I have probably showed my age but this macro thing is brand new to me. And just like you said, 2 mobs get slaughtered, 3 I pop a heal, 4-5 pop both heals and time the shields, no problem. I actually found myself trying to pull multiple mobs on purpose, lol. I am loving this and thank you for your writeup.

Im still wondering what the stat priority is with this build.

Any clarification?

marked for reference

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Johan2 View Post
    Im still wondering what the stat priority is with this build.

Any clarification?
    Since with both shaman and druid you get a passive skill that converts spellpower to attackpower and spell crit to physical crit, stat priority is the same as for a caster cleric. Int/spellpower > crit > wisdom imo.

Thumbs up

I have to say this build is working great for me. I was getting annoyed playing a mage and dying all the time. I mostly play solo put like to do the odd dungeon. This build and macro(first time i have ever used one) is allowing me to play through the quest without getting stressed about dying all the time!
    I am using 2 handed Staff for my weapon.
    I am only level 16 at the moment, but this build has vastyly improved the game for me.

Soulwalker

Right as for the build, really nice work there OP! This should help a lot of people on their way.

For the aoe attack, I know you say the 2 choices are identical, but there is one small difference - Avalanche Strike (Shaman) does not need a target selected to be cast, so this is what you should take tbh. Makes it easier to use when it gets messy.
    Also, I would add Bombard to the action bar seperately, since it is a ranged ability and can be used to pull or finish off fleeing mobs/enemies.

One minor thing about your guide: I would add a small paragraph explaining the buffs.

Other than that, great job, always nice to get inspiration
    Last edited by Crawn; 03-11-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ellysia View Post
    I have to say this build is working great for me. I was getting annoyed playing a mage and dying all the time. I mostly play solo put like to do the odd dungeon. This build and macro(first time i have ever used one) is allowing me to play through the quest without getting stressed about dying all the time!
    I am using 2 handed Staff for my weapon.
    I am only level 16 at the moment, but this build has vastyly improved the game for me.
    I'm a few lvls higher then you but I have to ask, put all your starting points at?

This looks to be what I've been looking for. Fast multi mob kills w/ little downtime.

Please update when you get to a higher lvl.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalBill665 View Post
    I'm a few lvls higher then you but I have to ask, put all your starting points at?

This looks to be what I've been looking for. Fast multi mob kills w/ little downtime.

Please update when you get to a higher lvl.
    I just put everything in druid up to jolt.
    When i had spare points and was unable to put in druid becuase of my level i put in shaman. I am currently working on filling up shaman now as per instruction on the first page.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ellysia View Post
    I just put everything in druid up to jolt.
    When i had spare points and was unable to put in druid becuase of my level i put in shaman. I am currently working on filling up shaman now as per instruction on the first page.
    Jolt is a Shaman spell. Just sayin...

Rift Disciple

Thanks for posting this up. As a player with a business/family/hobbies I love to explore when I have the chance but getting a good general build so run around with is so helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to post it. I'd do it right now but I'm off to work !

Soulwalker

this build advice is fantastic. thank you op. as a new player and only having had a couple of days to try stuff in open beta, this has been an eye opener. had wanted to go cleric and this build allows me to level nicely solo aswell as get another spec at a later date for healing (endgame plan to be main healer role)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticoN View Post
    so i whent and respeced to this build and so far im loveing it but i have one question

we have alot of crit talents here, and we whent for Jolt in the shaman tree so why take 4/5 Dauntless Courage instead of Stormborn?

4% increase dmg or 40% increase air dmg.

40% increase dmg to jolt and Lightning hammer sounds good.
    You can do this, just means you spend an extra few levels to get the other skills up

This thread should be sticky'd
    Last edited by GoldX18; 03-11-2011 at 01:29 PM.

The reactive spells can go anywhere as they do not cause a GCD and can be fired off at any time.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison.

Soulwalker

I have tried so many other Shammy combi but this is the best ever I have experienced. Thank you so much!

Just curious, what would be the best optimise AOE Macro for this combi?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast