+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any lvl 50's tried healing with a puri/just build?

Rift Chaser

Default any lvl 50's tried healing with a puri/just build?

was jus messing around on zam and came up with this...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x0ko.VxkEctdaz

surging flames on yourself...righteous mandate on the MT...
    Last edited by Aggrosamurai; 03-07-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrosamurai View Post
    was jus messing around on zam and came up with this...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...x0ko.VxkEctdaz

surging flames on yourself...righteous mandate on the MT...
    I don't see this being even close to viable in a raiding / dungeon situation.
    The healing done through Salvation and Reparation are based off how much damage you do, without a supplemental melee soul your damage will be very low making your heals even lower.
    You'd have to be meleeing to gain any Convictions which means you won't really have any time to be casting Healing spells and vice versa.
    Overall i don't foresee this build going very far.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    I don't see this being even close to viable in a raiding / dungeon situation.
    The healing done through Salvation and Reparation are based off how much damage you do, without a supplemental melee soul your damage will be very low making your heals even lower.
    You'd have to be meleeing to gain any Convictions which means you won't really have any time to be casting Healing spells and vice versa.
    Overall i don't foresee this build going very far.
    Justicars are not primary healers and can't be paired with a primary healing soul. You waste too many GCDs to get the convictions that you need to heal.

In PvE, being excellent at one thing is better than being mediocre at a lot of things.

I just ran with a Purifier/Warden build and was very happy with the result as a main healer.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Chaser

well, salvation and reparation heal for 25% when using justicar abilities(only 10% to party and 11% on yourself when using non-justi skills)...

with mien of honor, that's 50% increase so 37.5% to you and your party...

righteous mandate makes it so if you're at full health, then you can heal your MT for 37.5% more, so that's 75% of your dmg to your tank(given you're at full health)...

if surging flames procs off salvation(this is the assumption i based this build off of), then 70% of that 37.5% procs another aoe heal...so that's 26.25%, let's say 26% for ease...that's 101% of your dmg that gets transfered to your tank, and abt 63% of your dmg heals your party...(once again, you must be at full health but i don't think that should be a problem with a self shield, a 15% less dmg taken and 15% armor increase)...

so the idea is self shield before the fight, shield/blessing the tank, dps a bit...doctrine of bliss if your aoe healing if falling behind(using surging flame and 50% healing increase from mien of honor)...if you're not at 100% health, then u still have doctrine of loyalty with the 50% buff...doctrine of righteousness if u need to heal the tank...reprieve when things go to s***(heals the tank and any overheal on u also heals ur party)...you also get purpose for mana recovery while passive healing...

also if salvation/surging flames procs separate ticks off divine cascade, that would be awesome...

note: also thought abt taking the 10% extra heal to self from shaman tree to increase the benefit from surging flame

TL;DR: i'm jus theorycrafting about different ways to play a cleric...not saying it's the most efficient or any easier...

+ Reply to Thread