+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 143

Thread: Cleric ranged DPS is fail in raids.

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default Cleric ranged DPS is fail in raids.

    Im currently using the spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10doG.EEkigtkqz.VxV as its the best dps I have come up with so far after about 15 respecs and ages spent spamming at the training dummy.
    The rotation is pretty simple - spiritual deficiency then keep sanction heretic and vex up whilst spamming judgement. Fanaticism is used alongside insta BoD, (single target ofc)
    However the dps is not even close to mages with the same focus as me, let alone warriors or rogues. Has anyone got a competitive dps spec or any spec that they believe is better than mine for ranged single target dps in raids.... or is everyone finding clerics as bad as i am.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00doG.EEkVgx0qz.VxV.V

    This build would have slightly more dps as it adds more wisdom you just lose your 51 point talent which would hurt you aoe wise, but not much else.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Tuskon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    469

    Default

    First off, "spamming the training dummy" is not raiding.
    Second unless you can provide us with solid evidence that you are in fact doing less than a Mage / Warrior / Rogue, then your point is moot.
    Third, my guildie has parsed many of our runs through Expert dungeons with me as an Inquisitor and the logs have show that I've been doing significantly more than the Mage or Warrior on our runs. Especially when it comes to fights with adds or multiple targets.

    If you think the grass is greener, you're more than welcome to re-roll.

    (My Build)
    Last edited by Tuskon; 03-07-2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Discoprince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    435

    Default

    lol@ clerics for raid dps, maybe inquis for aoe trash packs but not on boss fights, thats just plain silly

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Sharpsmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    lol wut u need is better gear.

    Im rocking 600+ Spellpower and 211 Spellcrit at lvl 47 as Inqusitor/Cab/Sent.

    I 2-3 shot people.

    My BoD and Sanc crit for over 1k+ in Pvp.

    I kill faster than any other DPS.

    It all comes down to gear.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    First off, "spamming the training dummy" is not raiding.
    Second unless you can provide us with solid evidence that you are in fact doing less than a Mage / Warrior / Rogue, then your point is moot.
    Third, my guildie has parsed many of our runs through Expert dungeons with me as an Inquisitor and the logs have show that I've been doing significantly more than the Mage or Warrior on our runs. Especially when it comes to fights with adds or multiple targets.

    If you think the grass is greener, you're more than welcome to re-roll.

    (My Build)
    Well what was your average damage in experts on a boss fight? And what dps rotation were you using? I agree the AOE damage isnt bad but i find single target just doesnt compete. Due to the fact that duke is very aoe friendly it bumps my damage significantly.

    Heres a link of the damage on Duke. http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hmarch2011.png

    Top 2 are mages, followed by 2 rogues and the guy below me (sql) usually plays a mage and does around the same DPS as azril, however he was playing pyro for the int buff which is terribad. This doesnt even include dps warriors which are the highest single target dps atm - we dont actually have any.
    Last edited by Dreamz; 03-07-2011 at 04:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    lol wut u need is better gear.

    Im rocking 600+ Spellpower and 211 Spellcrit at lvl 47 as Inqusitor/Cab/Sent.

    I 2-3 shot people.

    My BoD and Sanc crit for over 1k+ in Pvp.

    I kill faster than any other DPS.

    It all comes down to gear.
    Its nothing to do with gear, my gear is as good as the other guys, if not better. 4 level 50 epics, 689 SP 266 crit and 122 focus.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Discoprince View Post
    lol@ clerics for raid dps, maybe inquis for aoe trash packs but not on boss fights, thats just plain silly
    Yeah, pretty much.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Sharpsmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
    Its nothing to do with gear, my gear is as good as the other guys, if not better. 4 level 50 epics, 689 SP 266 crit and 122 focus.
    Then u need better rotation I guess. because there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.

    Inqusitor has a lot good DPS but not really enough burst to burn people down in pvp and most of the time those bursts require cast time.

    Lets see. the burst we get in Pvp requires us to cast for 3 secs. so better of use other spells but it is a good starter when people dont notice u.

    U should use Cabalist and have 3 Sigils up before you burst people down so u can use Oblitrate as a finisher.

    And our AOE damages require certain conditions and they have long cast time as well. Soul Drain requires ur targets to be close to u and thats a major part of our dps we are not going to be to use in Pvp compared to pve.
    Last edited by Sharpsmile; 03-07-2011 at 04:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Tuskon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
    Its nothing to do with gear, my gear is as good as the other guys, if not better. 4 level 50 epics, 689 SP 266 crit and 122 focus.
    This is probably why I'm doing better, I've got close to 1k SP 350 crit and 150 focus(This is with self buffs only which doesn't really change the stats much if any) I'm only missing a ring and a wand for level 50 epics. You really need better gear to pump out the numbers. I find that Inquis does much better the more crit you have. Run more expert dungeons and get more gear before you raid again and i can almost guarantee you will see yourself on top of those charts.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    This is probably why I'm doing better, I've got close to 1k SP 350 crit and 150 focus(This is with self buffs only which doesn't really change the stats much if any) I'm only missing a ring and a wand for level 50 epics. You really need better gear to pump out the numbers. I find that Inquis does much better the more crit you have. Run more expert dungeons and get more gear before you raid again and i can almost guarantee you will see yourself on top of those charts.
    Well this sounds promising, ill see how it goes. What dps do you pull off on a Boss target dummy then with stats that good?

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    Then u need better rotation I guess. because there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.

    Inqusitor has a lot good DPS but not really enough burst to burn people down in pvp and most of the time those bursts require cast time.

    Lets see. the burst we get in Pvp requires us to cast for 3 secs. so better of use other spells but it is a good starter when people dont notice u.

    U should use Cabalist and have 3 Sigils up before you burst people down so u can use Oblitrate as a finisher.

    And our AOE damages require certain conditions and they have long cast time as well. Soul Drain requires ur targets to be close to u and thats a major part of our dps we are not going to be to use in Pvp compared to pve.
    ?! Im not talking about pvp, and if you look up theres a link of mages and rogues outdpsing me. As for soul drain its not even worth casting on a single target when you could cast BoD for twice as much damage.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Tuskon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamz View Post
    Well this sounds promising, ill see how it goes. What dps do you pull off on a Boss target dummy then with stats that good?
    Sadly i find it more enjoyable running dungeons, closing rifts and killing invasions rather than sitting in town beating on something that won't die or give me a reward. That and i don't use a parser myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSorrow View Post
    So just because this doesn't work like every other game it's bad?
    Adapt, adopt and improve. If you can't do that, maybe it's something other than the game that's bad.
    Level 50 Cleric:Tuskon

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskon View Post
    Sadly i find it more enjoyable running dungeons, closing rifts and killing invasions rather than sitting in town beating on something that won't die or give me a reward. That and i don't use a parser myself.
    So do i, but it gives you a good idea of how you are going to perform in raids vs other people. You probably will top your friends meter then as most of the damage is aoe in dungeons amd you only have to beat 2 guys. When you have a go at raiding you might find you have the same problems as me.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    It's pointless talking about gear if the DPS guildies Dreamz is referring to are also gearing at the same rate.

    So far Dreamz is the only one to provide logs to support hes claim.

    I would like to see some logs Tusk of a single target boss fight in one of your raids. Lets but gear aside and focus on the numbers...
    Last edited by Wadis; 03-07-2011 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts