Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best cleric dps builds

Soulwalker

Default Best cleric dps builds

So I have can have 3 specs right now i have my healer spec and my dps spec and a spec i dont really use.
    What i want to know is what is a good spec for me to nuke trash.

I'v been using the justicar/shaman build. It's good for soloing but i hate the fact that it takes me 60 seconds or more just to kill one guy. I want a good build that will take less time then that. So i'd be greatful for any help you guys can give me.

Rift Chaser

Inquistor / Cabalist / Purifier

Give this a few hours getting to know the rotations and you will be hooked

Purifier for the shield. There is a healthy debate if this should be warden, beauty of rift, get warden instead if you want.

Cabalist for AOE range, multi-mobs. This can be out of control. Get ready to pull stuff like crazy.

Inquistor you'll use for single targets and DOTs.

This is a high output DPS combo when you get the rotations down. You'll need to pre-plan you're survival which usually means vexxing.

After a few hours giving it a go, I can honestly say I usually am top 3 contributors in Rifts and rarely is a mob alive after a vex dot fades (15 secs). Trick is living. Get a partner to quest with and heal you and it is lightning fast and easy mode.

Hope this helps.

Zub
    Soulwalker

At my current level of 37 I use this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00naj.VxzxtbsIk.VV0c
    Every 2 minutes or so I can take one target out in 6-7 seconds, or 3 targets in 10.
    I average some 350 dps without my 31 point shaman talent active and I never ever run out of mana.
    I am also virtually immortal.

The pet sucks at this level though, but seriously... When you hit 31, get the shaman thingy, it'll blow your mind.
    The druid 31 point pet is simply not as good, it's more consistent but leveling is about burst and not sustained damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spamalope View Post
    Inquistor / Cabalist / Purifier

Give this a few hours getting to know the rotations and you will be hooked

Purifier for the shield. There is a healthy debate if this should be warden, beauty of rift, get warden instead if you want.

Cabalist for AOE range, multi-mobs. This can be out of control. Get ready to pull stuff like crazy.

Inquistor you'll use for single targets and DOTs.

This is a high output DPS combo when you get the rotations down. You'll need to pre-plan you're survival which usually means vexxing.

After a few hours giving it a go, I can honestly say I usually am top 3 contributors in Rifts and rarely is a mob alive after a vex dot fades (15 secs). Trick is living. Get a partner to quest with and heal you and it is lightning fast and easy mode.

Hope this helps.
    ^This... It really doesnt get much more awesome than this, though i think i took sentinel instead of purifier for whatever reason, oh yeah, insta cast dots

Shadowlander

I used my Druid/shaman/warden spec for leveling to 50. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT-7a...el_video_title
    - SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS -
    Dayblind US - Guardian

Soulwalker

The highest pve dps build is

Inquisitor/Cabalist/sentinel

Build - http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00odj.V0V.EEkigtkqz.V

Single target - SH/Vex/BoJ/BoD on procs. Fantacism only with SH

Aoe - Soul Drain + Circle of oblivion is all you will need.

This is a Raid build though.

Telaran

Ethreal

Not that i'm arguing or anything at all, I'm new to my cleric (only built a levelling spec), so i was wondering why only use fanaticism with SH, and not BoD? Wouldn't it make sense to have BoD auto-crit so it does more dmg with the DoT portion?

Again, I'm just asking as to the reasoning. There may be something i'm completely missing, and i'm just wondering what that is, since i've not built a pure pve spec for my cleric yet

Champion

You'd use Fanaticism with SH over BoD simply because you don't know when that BOD is going to come around. Also, that's not the highest cleric DPS. Dru/Shm/Inq is, but it's not gonna let you AOE level.

When it comes to AOE leveling, you really only need to know 2 things.

1. For AOE casting, have 14 pts Inq then spend your points wherever else you want to spend them.

2. For AOE melee, You don't need any points in Justicar for survival. 0pt warden will suffice.

I also prefer at least 10 pts in Cab for AOEing as a caster. It's not required, I just like Tyranny. I also saw a post of a Shm/Inq/Justicar build for AOE leveling. Looked pretty effective. While it killed a little bit slower than other AOE builds i've seen, it was WAY more forgiving as far as you staying alive. It could also handle far more mobs (though it could only hit 4-5 of them at a time).
    In reference to someone else:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gany
    QFDumb
    In reference to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seniella
    QFAwesome.
    Unrelated Posts

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by sambubrad View Post
    Not that i'm arguing or anything at all, I'm new to my cleric (only built a levelling spec), so i was wondering why only use fanaticism with SH, and not BoD? Wouldn't it make sense to have BoD auto-crit so it does more dmg with the DoT portion?

Again, I'm just asking as to the reasoning. There may be something i'm completely missing, and i'm just wondering what that is, since i've not built a pure pve spec for my cleric yet
    Yes you would want to BoD it. If it is up and you don't have a BoD, don't waste the time. keep fanaticism on CD. With the 1.2 changes it will become a bit more stable on BoD procs.

This is the Inquisitor Spec.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...ixx0qz.V0V.V0x

Cabalist Spec
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10....EtAqtAkdk.V0L

Those are both decent DPS, but the highest parsing DPS right now is some Druid/Shaman/Inq build. I don't have a link to it, I hate melee so I don't bother.

Inquisitor nor Cabalist are NOT the highest parsing specs. Cabalist is amazing for some fights, Inquisitor for others.

Telaran

agreed, i hate melee as well. Before i start working on the cabalist rotation, any pointers? I haven't gone through it, and from the looks of it, i'm hoping that there's not a bunch of sigil swapping, but if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

Plane Walker

You pretty much spam Shadows touch and use your 30cd spells when they are up. You don't have to sigil swap a lot. Inquisitor is better for single target DPS. But your main Cabalist nuke hits AoE.

Rift Disciple

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...kbgt0qz.AuMo0f

highly survivable, pull 6-10 mobs with vex, fanaticism/Soul Drain/Circle of Oblivion/couple even justice's to finish the couple left, rinse repeat, in stilmoore the lvl 50 normal mobs are usually dead after circle, with maybe 1 even justice needed to kill 1-2, the healing you get from salvation usually keeps you near full once soul drain goes off bit you also have doctrines and an insta heal from sentinal to cover the odd lucky crits that may spike you, maybe every 4th or 5th pull I make it a single target and use aggressive renewal and purpose to refill mana

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ethreal View Post

Just wanted to clarify, this is NOT the top PvE DPS build (FOR INQUISITOR) where a raid is concerned.

Guide to the raiding Inquisitor

I keep it as updated as possible, changes soon to come when patch goes live... but after the first 2 builds, I posted the top end raiding build, followed by the numbers.
    Last edited by Sokanon; 04-24-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast