Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So who thinks alot more nerfs are coming for rogues and warriors?

Telaran

Default So who thinks alot more nerfs are coming for rogues and warriors?

Mage forums has a post giving feedback about the mage class, how they dont compare to rogues and warriors. I don't think they are going to buff mages, instead I feel more nerfs are coming for warriors and rogues.

Soulwalker

I would rather they just nerf my class (Rogue-assassin) Rather then seeing everyone and there mother play the flavor of the month class, i want the bads to leave

Fair enough.

Telaran

The only problem I only have two problems with mages.

1) I like dots, but they don't scale well and DD out performs them.

2) We are glass cannons without the cannon.

Not sure why mages will be release like this, but in beta they seem to get nerfs instead of buffs. So if anything, if they feel mages are not performing well compare to other classes, I got a feeling the nerf bat is going to swing instead of buffs.

I highly doubt rogues or warriors will suffer any truly debilitating nerfs. I could see mages brought up a bit (although this needs carefully done as pvp issues stem from the ease a mage can splash the Dominator soul for easy access to VERY POTENT cc.) while rogues and warriors will level out at the top end anyway as higher Endurance gear and valor become more available in conjunction with the defensive talents of the PvP souls.

Soulwalker

It seems as though when people complain enough Trion delivers the nerfs.
    1. Rogues and Warriors
    2. Racials - I mean come on. This was one of the coolest parts of class creation and it's gone.

I'm sure there are others, but these ones directly affected me. IMO opinion people need to spend less time whining, calling for class balance, and spend more time trying to find a way to defeat what is killing them off so easily. Isn't that the fun of it? My god some people are such poonanis.

Trion needs to stop listening to all the crybabies in the first 3 days of pre-launch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Drazgul View Post
    It seems as though when people complain enough Trion delivers the nerfs.
    1. Rogues and Warriors
    2. Racials - I mean come on. This was one of the coolest parts of class creation and it's gone.

I'm sure there are others, but these ones directly affected me. IMO opinion people need to spend less time whining, calling for class balance, and spend more time trying to find a way to defeat what is killing them off so easily. Isn't that the fun of it? My god some people are such poonanis.

Trion needs to stop listening to all the crybabies in the first 3 days of pre-launch.

Well some things are a common sense. Mages do have a right to be pissy about.

Like I said, DD doing more than dots. This should never be the case.
    Clerics out dpsing some souls. I mean really?
    Oh and the best one of them all...Our nuking spec does 200-300 less damage than rogues.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    Well some things are a common sense. Mages do have a right to be pissy about.

Like I said, DD doing more than dots. This should never be the case.
    Clerics out dpsing some souls. I mean really?
    Oh and the best one of them all...Our nuking spec does 200-300 less damage than rogues.
    Common sense fixes to classes should have been handled in the beta. Not many people are topped out level-wise, so how do you know your top end damage is going to be that much lower? Maybe you aren't doing something correctly? Does it immediately have to be a fault in the game? Try a different build and if you don't like it you can always re-roll and play the class that's beating you up? Maybe it would give you a new perspective on the class, how to defeat it, if it has it's own challenges, etc.

All I'm saying is the total all out bltchfest needs to stop.
    -cry about servers going down
    -cry about abilities
    -cry about wait time in que
    - etc.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Drazgul View Post
    Common sense fixes to classes should have been handled in the beta. Not many people are topped out level-wise, so how do you know your top end damage is going to be that much lower? Maybe you aren't doing something correctly? Does it immediately have to be a fault in the game? Try a different build and if you don't like it you can always re-roll and play the class that's beating you up? Maybe it would give you a new perspective on the class, how to defeat it, if it has it's own challenges, etc.

All I'm saying is the total all out bltchfest needs to stop.
    -cry about servers going down
    -cry about abilities
    -cry about wait time in que
    - etc.
    We have some people that are level 40ish in my guild. They don't see this changing at 50 because of how mages scale.

Also not everything can be fix by trying a new build. That also has something to do with common sense.

The thing about mages is I see maybe 1 out of 100 actually use their charge to increase dps.

I do agree it is somewhat clunky and hard to use which is probably why so few use it and just let the charge decay.

Telaran

In pvp I hate that peoples passive healing out heals my dots. Much rage to be had when seeing that.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ragerblade View Post
    We have some people that are level 40ish in my guild. They don't see this changing at 50 because of how mages scale.

Also not everything can be fix by trying a new build. That also has something to do with common sense.
    As respectful as possible, please read my last post without picking out only the parts you feel like. Get your mages to lvl 50 and show some evidence. It sounds to me like you aren't liking your class, maybe try something different?

Shadowlander

Mages need zero, more dps. None, zippo, zilch, nadda, etc. What they do need is more defensive tools. Blinks, shields, throwbacks, blocks, webs, etc.

Soulwalker

They cant really drop the dps from any classes with out dropping the heals from classes also... when does it end? My Champ still cant cut through heals with the 50% reduction i get!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by ragerblade View Post
    mage forums has a post giving feedback about the mage class, how they dont compare to rogues and warriors. I don't think they are going to buff mages, instead i feel more nerfs are coming for warriors and rogues.

nerf them to the ground!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast