+ Reply to Thread

Thread: quick question about souls?

Rift Disciple

Default quick question about souls?

Im a little confused after playing for a few hours and maybe someone here can help. So if i start with a warrior i can change the souls to end being a ranger/mage/cleric? or do you have to re-roll? Could i have a warrior/ranger? im having a bit of trouble understanding how this all works.

Hi

I'll give you a hand.

There are 4 archetypes. These are Rogue, Warrior, Mage & Cleric. These you choose when you create your character, and cannot be changed.

Each of these archetypes have 8 souls each. Those are the ones you can swap between. When you create a character of a certain archetype, the early levels will get you to pick 3 out of the 8 souls that you "begin" with. You can do quests to unlock the other 5 souls, and you are always free to "re-spec" to pick different souls at any point in the game

Hope that helped!
    ASUS P6T SE - INTEL I7 930 @ 3.6 GHz - 3X2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz - 2X ATI 4890 HD's - 27" HD MONITOR (2MS) - LOGITECH G500 MOUSE/OCZ ALCHEMY ELIXIR KEYBOARD

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rEDNiNE View Post
    Hi

I'll give you a hand.

There are 4 archetypes. These are Rogue, Warrior, Mage & Cleric. These you choose when you create your character, and cannot be changed.

Each of these archetypes have 8 souls each. Those are the ones you can swap between. When you create a character of a certain archetype, the early levels will get you to pick 3 out of the 8 souls that you "begin" with. You can do quests to unlock the other 5 souls, and you are always free to "re-spec" to pick different souls at any point in the game

Hope that helped!
    So basically if you start as a warrior that is what you are, but you can be a sub classed ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Saneless View Post
    So basically if you start as a warrior that is what you are, but you can be a sub classed ranger?
    There's no "set" subclasses, but if one of the Warrior´s souls happens to have ranged abilities, then yes.
    ASUS P6T SE - INTEL I7 930 @ 3.6 GHz - 3X2 GB DDR3 1600 MHz - 2X ATI 4890 HD's - 27" HD MONITOR (2MS) - LOGITECH G500 MOUSE/OCZ ALCHEMY ELIXIR KEYBOARD

Soulwalker

Here is a Really good way to get acquainted with each of the different archetypes "Souls"

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html

To further answer your question, No you cannot be a "Ranger" warrior as the Ranger soul is a part of the Rogue Archetype. However, as the above poster stated there maybe some ranged abilities in amongst the warrior souls that may meet your needs.

Have a look at the link i posted above (you may even want to dig deep into the site as its a wealth of information)

+ Reply to Thread