+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Champions...Wait wait what???

Default Champions...Wait wait what???

So let me get this straight. Warriors with this soul can charge you rooting/stunning you, knock you back, shout rooting you for an additional 6 seconds in addition to fearing ALL nearby enemies AND put a debuff on you that lasts 15 seconds reducing all healing by 50%. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    So let me get this straight. Warriors with this soul can charge you rooting/stunning you, knock you back, shout rooting you for an additional 6 seconds in addition to fearing ALL nearby enemies AND put a debuff on you that lasts 15 seconds reducing all healing by 50%. Seems pretty balanced to me.
    when you pvp use your pvp soul there all better

Soulwalker

You forgot to say they have nice damage also

Soulwalker

I remember earlier a few people playing oracle and stating that once everyone begins to level past the tiers of 10-19 and 20-29 that the complaints would start to shift towards champions.

You see that Riftblades and Sabos. The heat is off you now! Jump on the nerfwagon for champions!!!

Now....

Who is next? ^_^.

Soulwalker

Alright, now that I got that out of my system...

Yes, champions charge you and then take out a chunk of your health. Then they cc you again and chunk you again... and then you're dead. That's frustrating no doubt.

I'll be the first to say that I"m not the guru of class abilities and mechanics in the pvp world. I also understand that when someone says "Lvl < 50" pvp is lol bizness" it can get a little infuriating. You play the game wanting to have fun. And running around when some class is just tralala'ing all over your face over and over again isn't pleasant (for most people).

I personally don't see TRION running around with the nerf bat and making sweeping class changes right now for a multitude of reasons and not because they're lazy.

Regardless of how annoying it is to have a single class be the flavor of the tier group. The fact remains that it is not the end all be all. If they suddenly adjusted it just because there was too much qq (or let's say the class really is imbalanced) then suddenly there might be PvE ramifications for their change, blah blah blah... Then they have to figure out how to scale the class to mobs, group instances, etc. And all just to make it more fair for a level range that you're going to be out of in a few days or weeks at the most? I personally don't think so. If I found a certain tier range to just be full of one particular "spec" going happy fun times all over my face, I'm going to push myself harder to level past it and or find a way to adapt and overcome.

I think it's more important to get to that max level and then see where the dice lands. Is there some class that's just absolutely and truly unbalanced? That's something to look at and investigate!

"No!" You might say. You want things to be balanced at every single level all the way until the end of your leveling and then some! If you take a look at MMO history, class balance has never, never (in my experience) ever hit a sweet spot where the devs can simply step back and say, "There! It's done! We don't have to touch it again! Everything is perfect!"

Class balance depends on mechanics. But it also depends on the player base. It depends on their general skill level playing certain classes and how much they are prone to adapting as opposing to kicking and screaming. It depends on the mood of the devs and the people playing the game and they people they play with. Blah... blah... blah.

Some class will always get buffed here while another gets nerfed. The next month something else changes and some class gets put on the "flavor of the month" pedestal.

Fact is... there's just more important things to focus on right now for you as a player and for the company that "fairness" in a low level bracket.

TL;DR --> Your complaints are valid (maybe). More important things in-game to focus on for both player and company. Fact of life, life is tough. Don't forget to have a life. Buy your girlfriend flowers just because (they love that).

Rift Disciple

The Champion is powerful, yes, but not more than other classes.
    It's a pure DPS class, what you expect from it?
    And because it's a pure melee class, the champion NEED a skill for charge the enemy or for root/fear them.

If we take the example of the Riftblade, that class isn't more powerful than the champion. The RB isn't OP!
    It's power is in the ranged skills, only in that.
    A champion can deal more more damage than a RB but everyone say "the RB is OP" not "the Champion is OP".

A champion need t stay near the target to hit them and that's not too easy during a war. Snearing, slow, incapacite, fear, etc. All that make a champion to be in trouble against the other enemy. And during a war there's more than one player that can use that skills on you.
    Yes, if a champion come near a player can deal high damage, but if it don't go near ad enemy a champion die whitout give damage...

A RB is called OP only because of the ranges attacks, not for more.
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Rift Chaser

It's started. All according to my predictions.

Now what do i win?

P.S the reason champions need to be so good close range is because of total lack of survivability cooldowns and the need to charge in to a zerg of 5+ people to get instantly targeted by everyone in range and cc spammmed.

I thought we all targeted Champions because of their ~fancy~ name and armor..C~H~A~M~P~I~O~N...see?..aint that purty soundin?
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

Shadowlander

To the OP: have you *played* in a warfront ? i would like to examine a few scenarios involving champions, if you will.

For reference scenarios that end in the champions being Focus Fired And Getting Murdered Like Robocop will be referred as FFAGMLR (which incidentally is the sound they make while dying).

Now these are from a champion point of vue :

1)I see a squishy mage! Time to move forward...ready to charge....he just LOS'd me > FFAGMLR
    2)I see a squishy rogue! Time to move forward ... ready to charge... whoops , got rooted > FFAGMLR
    3)I see a cleric! Priority target ! Time to move... (you get the point) whoops, there's 20 people i need to cross first > FFAGMLR
    4)I see a fellow warrior! time for some manly action! Moving forward.. ready to charge..Yes! i charged him! he's rooted! and... wait.. i thought i was doing nice damage..... hum... > FFAGMLR

TLDR : thank god they have some tools to dish out dmg...melee are already suffering enough in this game as it is.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Litoras View Post
    And because it's a pure melee class, the champion NEED a skill for charge the enemy or for root/fear them.
    Questionable, you have the health and defenses to turtle to your target, if you want to exchange them for stuns, blinks, stealth n' stuff , there is still the rogue calling.

Dismatling archetypes is always tricky, may it by a cleric healer in chain, rifstalker, ranged warrior or healing mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Banaghran View Post
    Questionable, you have the health and defenses to turtle to your target, if you want to exchange them for stuns, blinks, stealth n' stuff , there is still the rogue calling.

Dismatling archetypes is always tricky, may it by a cleric healer in chain, rifstalker, ranged warrior or healing mage.
    remember that armor only mitigates physical damage, so no, warriors do not have any more defense against casters

Rift Chaser

Champion is the purest glass cannon tbh.

Despite our insane burst and good dmg, many people are able to survive rather easily in BGs and heck even in worldppv people can outdmg you, escape from you or even outheal you.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by newwb View Post
    remember that armor only mitigates physical damage, so no, warriors do not have any more defense against casters
    This is very narrow reasoning, and you know it, please try harder.

Rift Chaser

Health yes, and some more mitigation against pure physical damage of which there is very little in this game since pretty much all souls use some kind of elemental damage/armor bypass.

Champions have ZERO survivability cooldowns and no real healing options. Atleast no viable pvp soul combinations.
    You can have plate when your spells are mitigated by it and you can only cast in melee range, deal?

Ascendant

This is a myth. Armor ok...it protects like 15% more than other classes against physical damage.

Health? NO. At level 42 as a DPS Warrior spec with full blue KB + some RD armor I had 240 health more than a rogue. And even worse I had even Reaver points for the extra health which was actually 6% more total health.

Stop smocking the pipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast