+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Class to start?

Soulwalker

Default Class to start?

Hello!
    I'm just downloading the game right now, and I waas wondering what to start with. I'm usually on other MMO's atracted to casting clases and healing. But for starters I just want to get the feel of the game. What would you guys start up?
    I've read in other topics bard is good but dunno... I'm kind of a melee hater.

P.S.: Sorry if this has another thread, I used search and didn't find one.

See you in telara

Soulwalker

I'm thinking a cleric might be a good option to have an all arround feel.
    What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Soulwalker

Cleric can heal, tank, melee dps and ranged dps. So yes, u can find something for anyone with a cleric. I also find em to be pretty solid in pvp.

Rogues are nice in pve (can tank, melee dps, ranged dps and offheal) and a bit op in pvp (from a mages point of view...stun and dead before i can even fight back).

Warriors are great tanks in pve as well as good dps, not much in the way of healing (some selfheals i think), and pretty amaizing in pvp esp if coupled with a healer ur an unstoppable killing machine). They can even do some range dps.

Mages are decent dps (great for aoe) in pve and can main heal and/or dps&offheal. In pvp i find them really lacking 1v1 (unless i have a chance to ambush someone and do most of the dmg before they even know whats going on...and even than its not a sure thing), rogues will destroy you, warriors as well, clerics are so so (hard but doable). In large scale pvp mage is fine untill people start noticing you, than ur pretty much screwed.

Yes, im a somewhat bitter mage

I'm still keeping mage as my main (currently lvl 38) and im somewhat undecided on what to roll as alt (between warrior for pvp pwnage and cleric for jack of all trades type of char).

Hope any of this helped

pick one that you like more,its is only 1 right choice

Soulwalker

Let's do it the funny way :

I like to fight in close combat and take hits : pick any warrior
    I like to hit and run : pick any rogue
    I like to heal or be the sole survivor after a 10 hour fight : pick any cleric
    I like to blast things from far away : pick any mage.

Now that you have your archetype pick any soul with a cool name:
    1/ You run through monsters and get a second soul
    2/ You die horribly

If 1/ Pick any soul that seem to enhance the one you have, if 2 try another soul.

Rince and repeat till you get souls you that actually suits the way you play.

If you die all the time with every single soul, you should try to stick with a few classe mates and see what they do. Alternatively, you may want to consider crafting or harvesting all day long for everyone else.

If you want to melee as a cleric Shaman or justicar

Shamen are more your DPS type not so much healing.
    Justicar is more survival/tanking then melee and heal.

General of Telara

cant go wrong with cleric.

1. You can heal
    2. You can melee DPS
    3. You can ranged DPS
    4. You can tank

What more could you ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by Passion View Post
    Let's do it the funny way :

I like to fight in close combat and take hits : pick any warrior
    I like to hit and run : pick any rogue
    I like to heal or be the sole survivor after a 10 hour fight : pick any cleric
    I like to blast things from far away : pick any mage.

Now that you have your archetype pick any soul with a cool name:
    1/ You run through monsters and get a second soul
    2/ You die horribly

If 1/ Pick any soul that seem to enhance the one you have, if 2 try another soul.

Rince and repeat till you get souls you that actually suits the way you play.

If you die all the time with every single soul, you should try to stick with a few classe mates and see what they do. Alternatively, you may want to consider crafting or harvesting all day long for everyone else.
    Ha! Great method. xD I can't tell you how many times I did that before I stuck with the survivability of the warrior.
    Gnarlwood
    Courage ▪ Warrior ▪ Guardian ▪ Cleric ▪ Temperance
    Kryx ▪ Rogue ▪ Defiant ▪ Mage ▪ Deity
    Veni, Vidi, Vici.

Soulwalker

Thanks to all for your replies.
    I think I'm gonna use that method, I'll start as a mage, probably a chloromancer, and see waht hapens.

Just one more question, can I reset my soul for free, or move arround points freely or how, I've been reading a lot on forums and fansites and i have yet to figure out how does it work... Dois it cost gold/plat?

Soulwalker

Default 2 new members

Hey
    we are 2 new members. we whant too team up as a healer and a tank, but we are not sure of which under class we should bee. Can y help

Quote Originally Posted by Dekram View Post
    Hello!
    I'm just downloading the game right now, and I waas wondering what to start with. I'm usually on other MMO's atracted to casting clases and healing. But for starters I just want to get the feel of the game. What would you guys start up?
    I've read in other topics bard is good but dunno... I'm kind of a melee hater.

P.S.: Sorry if this has another thread, I used search and didn't find one.

See you in telara
    I'd say go tailor and make me bags

+ Reply to Thread