+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Healing in PvP

Default Healing in PvP

How come as a bard I do more than 5x healing than clerics do in PvP, way more damage, and have better utility?

Because you're not healing properly.

It's easy to outheal a bard... just spam healing spray.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

I play a bard not a cleric.

I haven't even touched a cleric.

Reading comprehension please?

Also, in the 20-29 bracket I average 75k-80k healing done. No cleric even comes close.

Because PvP isn't about proper healing, it's about spam healing HoTs and AoEs. Don't be reactive, be proactive.

- Xfire - GameSpot - Steam - Raptr - Kongregate - last.fm -
    - Abit IP35 Pro - Q6600 - Palit GTX 260 - 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 -

A reactive warden will perform significantly better than a preemptive warden.

The reactive wardens hots will heal more than the one spammed on full hp targets.

Anyways, I was kidding about the healing spray part. It's pretty much impossible to outheal a bard because of coda of restoration.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

been playing a lot of warfronts with multiple bards on each team lately. No one dies..... kind of boring.

now sit back and wait for all of the 'bards r fine' posts.

Soulwalker

does bard aoe healing stack with other bards then? and what's the range on the aoe heal? I realized i know nothing..

Oh look! this thread again...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
    been playing a lot of warfronts with multiple bards on each team lately. No one dies..... kind of boring.

now sit back and wait for all of the 'bards r fine' posts.
    Multiple clerics that aren't ******ed is a much bigger problem the multiple bards spamming lolcadence and their hot.

Soulwalker

Bards will always be able to outheal clerics because they heal everyone, everywhere, all the time.

The point is that Bards can't spike heal. If you're getting spiked, you'd better hope a cleric is nearby and awake.

It isn't all about numbers on the scoreboard. Context is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakel View Post
    Bards will always be able to outheal clerics because they heal everyone, everywhere, all the time.

The point is that Bards can't spike heal. If you're getting spiked, you'd better hope a cleric is nearby and awake.

It isn't all about numbers on the scoreboard. Context is important.
    This ^
    /10 char
    "Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrows" (Auron, FFX)

Quote Originally Posted by Anraas View Post
    How come as a bard I do more than 5x healing than clerics do in PvP, way more damage, and have better utility?
    Simple. You are splashing alot of constant small heals around. You heal a little bit of HP to anyone in range when they take damage. However you are not a spike healer and not giving full restorative healing but more incidental healing.

Numbers mean little, when and how numbers are applied and in what amount at that time do. Don't confuse these things.

Clerics can't heal when they're getting drained of all thier power within a few seconds.

The Sentinel, and Purifier souls need some form of power regen besides a mana potion. I always take second on the healing parse when no one is draining my power, right below my friends Bard. Well, unless there are mages there draining my power constantly, making me dead weight.

That's one of the biggest bonuses for a Bard, the ability to use thier abilities comes back extremely fast, where as a Cleric is pretty much wasted space if out of power.

P.S. As a pure healer, Bards are fine.
    Last edited by Visions; 03-01-2011 at 06:28 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Anraas View Post
    Justicar, spamming Doctrine of Loyalty + reparation with a two hander = top of the heal charts. All that's happening for you is that no one is targeting you, especially if you're breaking 55k heals in PvP.

The first thing I say when I hop into a warfront is Bards > Clerics > Mages > Melee. So I wouldn't get used to surviving as long as you are when people start to learn the kill priorities in PvP. Enjoy your heyday, because it will be very soon that your little leather wearin' booty will get smoked at every opportunity by players who understand what needs to die first. Right now it's just a zerg, no one has a complete understanding of synergy/healing/dps. But it will come, and quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1beb View Post
    Justicar, spamming Doctrine of Loyalty + reparation with a two hander = top of the heal charts. All that's happening for you is that no one is targeting you, especially if you're breaking 55k heals in PvP.

The first thing I say when I hop into a warfront is Bards > Clerics > Mages > Melee. So I wouldn't get used to surviving as long as you are when people start to learn the kill priorities in PvP. Enjoy your heyday, because it will be very soon that your little leather wearin' booty will get smoked at every opportunity by players who understand what needs to die first. Right now it's just a zerg, no one has a complete understanding of synergy/healing/dps. But it will come, and quickly.
    I agree with your order of kills, but keep in mind, at least for me. It is far, far easier for me to keep a Bard who is always on the move alive, than say a melee rogue, or melee tank who're unwilling to move out of the line of fire.

;)

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast