+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please don't take my Soul Combinations.

Default Please don't take my Soul Combinations.

Some of us know that certain souls had HUGE skill changes recently. Some of these changes were meh and some completley redefined a soul. (Reaver for instance)

The problem isn't how they want to define a soul however.

I have noticed that although these "fixes" work, they remove a lot of skill combination.

These were obviously changes for class balancing, most likley PvP based.

So I'm wondering if Tirion is going to conitue to fix problems by throwing bleach at it like the racials. I would personally rather deal with that top 1% that find a way to break a skill setup than loose that unique quality these soul combinations give us.

Yeah the incentive to put in 51 pts in most souls is just too good to pass up now, there will probably be less hybrid builds which is weird because that seems to be what they based the whole game around? Flexibility in creating a character. I was going to be putting 51 pts in something from the start just because I'm a completionist and it would bug me =P But I can see how it would be annoying if you had some unique 25/21/20 kind of build going on or something.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Relair View Post
    Yeah the incentive to put in 51 pts in most souls is just too good to pass up now, there will probably be less hybrid builds which is weird because that seems to be what they based the whole game around.
    I dont know. I still see hybrid builds as being more popular. I was actually of the opposite opinion for a while - that there was no reason to spec to 51.
    Which to me was a shape. Why have skills up to 51 if no one would ever use them.

But overall I see reasons to go to 51 now, but I think you lose more from the lack of flexibility for most soul/specs. Not a bad balance in my opinion.

Mal

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eggo View Post
    Some of us know that certain souls had HUGE skill changes recently. Some of these changes were meh and some completley redefined a soul. (Reaver for instance)

The problem isn't how they want to define a soul however.

I have noticed that although these "fixes" work, they remove a lot of skill combination.

These were obviously changes for class balancing, most likley PvP based.

So I'm wondering if Tirion is going to conitue to fix problems by throwing bleach at it like the racials. I would personally rather deal with that top 1% that find a way to break a skill setup than loose that unique quality these soul combinations give us.
    Rarely is the top 1% bothered by these things. If you see someone setting up a cheese tactic there are usually very viable ways to avoid letting them use it. It tends to be a bigger problem for lower backets near the middle, where people who get beat down by real pro's fall. They have the organization to drop cleanse chains on their healers and chain CC on a sab, it's the less organized people who think they deserve to be in the top 1% that tend to have issues with it and then come to the forums and scream.

edit: also as far as points go the build levels to hit tend to be 45-44/22-21 and 51/15 or 51/10/5 or some variation of 51 and 15 between the other 2

most 21 point talents are rather spec definig especially for pet classes. I think that's a good thing. I especially like that almost every class has a solid feature that scales with points spent.

as an example, dominators (my favorite) get several of their larger nukes at 20+ points into the tree. Almost all of them also have hard (and sometimes soft as well) CC components. I find it really nice that it really rewards more than the 23ish point squirrelspam offspec.
    Last edited by dozey; 03-03-2011 at 05:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread