+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Q? Training spells in new roles

Soulwalker

Default Q? Training spells in new roles

Ok so in beta I took a second role at 20 but found all the spells in the new class where at level 1. Obviously u need to train them every 2nd level.

What happens if you take a new role at level cap? can u still use mage trainer to increase there level?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by cabbages View Post
    Ok so in beta I took a second role at 20 but found all the spells in the new class where at level 1. Obviously u need to train them every 2nd level.

What happens if you take a new role at level cap? can u still use mage trainer to increase there level?
    The game stores a database of each ability and the level you have it trained to. Any time you go to a trainer it cross-checks your currently accessible abilities with their maximum allowable levels and gives you the option to train any that are below max. Note it only checks the active role when doing this so you probably want to cycle through all your roles, add the appropriate talents, then train in one sequential process. Finding out midway through a dungeon that your heal/support spells were last trained 15 levels ago would be a bad thing...

So if, in your example, you put 3 souls you had already used extensively in the role there would be minimal training-possibly new abilities you hadn't talented to access previously. If you put souls you had never used you would have to train every ability from rank 1 to max.

This applies to both making a new role and resetting an existing role.

Soulwalker

Ok thx for that

Soulwalker

Unhappy new roles

Ok i just got a new role and dont know how to put souls into it. i tryed the trainer but dont see no options for picking new souls. I'm in Meridian. So how do i get new souls in my new role please?

Soulwalker

Do the quests to aquire the new souls. They should be about Meridian if you are at least level 13 I think it is.
    Last edited by Sheemo; 03-07-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Default new roles

What I was wanting to do is keep the same souls but put points in them differently. i have the first one stated for questing and using offensive spells but the second role i was going to put the points only for healing so that i could use that role for healing in dungeons. i may have a soul quest ill have to check my quest list but they don't have check-marks above there head that i already have.

Soulwalker

Default new roles

ok i did all the cleric soul quests and the only two options my trainer gives me is purchase new role or for training and since i dont have any souls there are no spells coming up in training. Do you have to be lvl 20 or something to get souls for your new role? im lvl 14 almost 15.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by iluvflowers2 View Post
    ok i did all the cleric soul quests and the only two options my trainer gives me is purchase new role or for training and since i dont have any souls there are no spells coming up in training. Do you have to be lvl 20 or something to get souls for your new role? im lvl 14 almost 15.
    If you've already bought your 2nd role, open your soul tree (press N) and then select your 2nd role at the bottom. Then click the activate button and you will be able to modify the role.

Soulwalker

Default new role

Yep i just figured it out... You have to click the box where it would say the kind of tree it is and select it. Sorry for the trouble guys. Thanks to all of you that responded to me. Happy Rifting

Quote Originally Posted by iluvflowers2 View Post
    What I was wanting to do is keep the same souls but put points in them differently. i have the first one stated for questing and using offensive spells but the second role i was going to put the points only for healing so that i could use that role for healing in dungeons. i may have a soul quest ill have to check my quest list but they don't have check-marks above there head that i already have.
    For this you can also choose the "Reset my souls" option at your trainer. This will allow you to keep the same souls and put points in a different way, without using up your second role.

Rift Disciple

I personaly wish there was an option to train any skill that you have in any roll..
    just so i dont have to change rolls 4 times, and then rebuff myself.

Maybe even let me train for higher ranks of skills ive not even spec'd into for those who just want to train every skill (like me)
    For all the errors we as a user base have, had and will get, know that Trion is a company that does seem to try to help, that is itself is a lot more than some other game company I could name...

+ Reply to Thread