+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo class

Soulwalker

Default Solo class

I am a family man who loves to game. Cannot always schedual specific times to come on and never know how long I will be on.
    Necro type class was always my favorite but would like to mix it up this time.
    Love to group but need a class that can spend as much time soloing.
    Is there any suggestions??

General of Telara

First, pretty early on you can get two "roles," i.e. two builds that can have two different sets of trees, so you can reserve one build for groups and one build for soloing, but on the other hand you might want that second build to be for PvP.

But a Ranger-based rogue build might work well for you.
    Last edited by Wenry; 02-28-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Thanks
    I was thinking ranger as primary or Inquisitor. Wasnt sure what to add for seconds.

RIFT Guide Writer Kutsuu Isback's Avatar

Pretty much all 4 archetypes can solo very proficiently when spec'd right. Just choose what you like best and you'll find a spec that works for you.

Rift Disciple

I'm a full-time university student and also don't have tons of time to dedicate to the game. I've found that the best solo leveling spec for a rogue is marksman/ranger/bard. There are other choices but this is the fastest I've found so far. You will have multiple roles and you get every possible soul anyway so feel free to experiment a bit.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    I'm a full-time university student and also don't have tons of time to dedicate to the game. I've found that the best solo leveling spec for a rogue is marksman/ranger/bard. There are other choices but this is the fastest I've found so far. You will have multiple roles and you get every possible soul anyway so feel free to experiment a bit.
    Just note that the Passive (and maybe reactive) Movement speed buffs don't stack for each of the marksman/ranger/bard trees.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, I've noticed that. It doesn't really matter though.

Soulwalker

Not much for ya from me for mages.

If you decide to roll a rogue Bladedancer is a great way to get through to high teen and 20lvls. With Riftstalker sub soul, you can spec a talent that refunds a % of max hp per combo point left on a killed target. That ability combined with the fastest combo point adding class (imo) comes out to not a whole lot of downtime. Sprints and teleports also compliment this combination foot mobility where mounts can't be used. Assassin spec synergizes well with increased phys dmg, dots, stealth and poisons with minimal points invested.

Soulwalker

Default Mage

An easy to solo mage build (up to 30 is all I know) is Chloro/Ele... Ele for the pet and to get the 'out of combat' mana for charge spell. (can't remember name) Chloro rest of the way. I found as pyro I was dying way way too much but this allowed me to heal pet, heal myself, and still do dmg.

Shadowlander

I did Chloro/Warlock/Dominator and love it solo. You don't need a pet when you can incidentally heal yourself forever. Go warlock to get opportunity and an extra DoT, and just dot things up till it procs, then instant cast your 2.5 second nuke. Going heavy into chloro gives you a great shield that also gives you back 2% mana per second for 30 seconds, so no downtime, and by then you will have two AoE spells as well. Dom is just there to give you a squirrel OH CRAP button.

The good thing about this game is pretty much every calling has amazing solo souls/specs, so whatever you choose you won't go wrong. Just depends on your play style from there.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 03-02-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

+ Reply to Thread