+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats a good class to start with?

Soulwalker

Default Whats a good class to start with?

I was going to go Ele/Storm/Dom mage from a friends recomendation but I'm not sure. Whats fun/good in PVE and PVP?

Soulwalker

You do not have to choose roles, just go whatever, you can always respec.

if you mean what first 3 mage trees give the best PvE from lvl 1 to 15...I'd have no idea

Necromancer look cool x3
    Last edited by Valashu; 02-28-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Shadowlander

I tend to think you can't go wrong with bard for learning game mechanics and the starting zones. Good survivability when paired with Riftstalker, decent damage when paired with Nightstalker or Assassin, healing and buffing available.

Telaran

I would recommend a Bard as well. They have good dps and with enough points into the soul, fairly early on your attacks will heal you as well. It is pretty hard to get overwhelmed and die as a Bard in my experience. Pair it with a Ranger for a tank pet, and you're good to go.

I wouldn't chose a mage unless you are deadset on playing it. They are far from as versatile as a cleric or rogue, which both can tank, dps and heal. Mages heals are lackluster, and you won't be able to heal in an instance and you will die instantly in pvp as a chloromancer. This doesn't even make mages DPS superior, actually mages dps at the moment is really crappy.

Who knows, maybe the mage's dps at endgame is going to shine, but at lover levels be prepared to die alot, and kill mobs slowly. Personally I would chose a rogue or cleric.

Rogue has a lot of great dps specs, both ranged and melee doing very well. And you will be able to tank instances equally as good as a warrior. Also you will be able to heal with the bard both in PVP and PVE(support healer).

Clerics can do everything in the game, they are the best healers and the tanks should be as good as rogue and warrior. The DPS is a little bit behind warriors and rogues, but mages is still the lowest dps.
    Last edited by Novak; 03-01-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Novak doesnt know what he is talking about.

Mages can mainheal and their PvE dmg is fine. They currently are having some trouble in PvP but the game is a week old... they will get buffed sooner or later
    Last edited by Blays; 03-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread