+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions on classes

Soulwalker

Default Questions on classes

Hey guys, so I just pre-ordered rift and currently patching up and I was wondering something about the class system in Rift. I know you get three souls (I believe thats what theyre called) but I read somewhere that you can change them later on. What I'm wondering, is did I misunderstand this or is it possible to change your class after playing for a while or can you just get certain attributes from the other classes.

Sorry if this has been posted before but I can't really find the answers I'm looking for.

Thanks!

short version: 4 callings, 9 souls each. Can change souls (use up to 3 at a time) but cannot change callings

http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Calling
    Last edited by Chrome; 02-28-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: adding link
    Main Character: Chranos - Cleric, Shatterbone

Rift Disciple

Like the above poster said, you have 4 callings (Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Mage)

These you CANNOT change.

However, from within each you have 8 (9 counting PVP) souls, which you CAN change. You start off with 3 during the noobie zone and at level 13 or so you can get more unlocked by doing quests.

Reavers, Bards, Necromancers, Paladins are all soul examples - as long as you stay within your calling you can mix and match them as you please.

good luck!

Soulwalker

Is there any restrictions on when and how often I can change? I rolled a Mage and went elemental and warlock. It's possible for me to change warlock to say necromancer if I don't like playing warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by Shwayzee View Post
    Is there any restrictions on when and how often I can change? I rolled a Mage and went elemental and warlock. It's possible for me to change warlock to say necromancer if I don't like playing warlock?
    Cant change it in combat

No other restriction
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

Also you can only change empty trees

however you can save upto 4 different specs
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

+ Reply to Thread