+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteurs and soloing.... more absurdity

Plane Touched

Default Saboteurs and soloing.... more absurdity

Most people talk about PvP and Saboteurs. Well it's just as *bleep* soloing.

I used a Saboteur/Nightblade/Ranger combo. Nightblade for the Melee attacks and putting combo points in Blazing Fury when you are between Rejuvenate and Dire Wolf on the Ranger tree. Waste of points to put anything in Ranger after 4 until you can go to 10 and get Dire Wolf. Then re-spec.

Once you have "Silent Setup", "Improved Spiked Charge" and "Rejuvenate" things get a little strange.

OOPS, I'm being attacked by 4 +1 level guys. So I Pet Attack each of them till Boar has the Aggro while hitting Rejuvenate. Then, I Spike Charge them down. All of them. If I bothered to have things set up for this situation, I would be laying charges on the Focus while using the Boar to pick up aggro.

If you are paying some attention, then you can faceroll through 3 +1's at a time.

In a normal fight, where the boredom is under control, I have a button that puts the Super-Tank boar on No Attack, put five charges down using my Spike Charge Macro then hit my Detonate Macro that also has the Boar attack. Then I use Spike Charge Macro to lay more charges on the next monster while the first one is dying. No, the second doesn't aggro... that's the point of the Spike Charge Macro. Then I Detonate Macro again, ordering the boar to attack the 2nd monster. Hit the second one while the Spike Charge counts down... though I could just sit and watch, spamming Rejuvenate. They both die, loot both, and repeat.

It is very, very fast. If you accidentally pull 3 or even 4 monsters as long as you don't panic you are fine. Even if you do.... well you can still survive so long as you get at least one detonate off and are spamming Rejuvenate. And if you are using Silent Setup... why haven't you got at least one Detonate off?

It gets to the point where I'm thinking that to level as fast as possible I *SHOULD* just kill monsters and totally forget about Quests. Cause there is all that moving, instead of just slaughter, and more slaughter.

You see, the take-away here is that the Saboteur has 5 DoT spells on a 1 second GCD. Hee-Hee.

And little Time-bomb to!
    Last edited by Themistocles; 02-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Telaran

Actually, I misread entirely. Lawl.
    Last edited by Sinborn; 02-28-2011 at 12:52 PM.

And you can do about the same with any class that has the boar and rejuv, not like having the pet tank and healing it through multiple mobs makes things hard? Heck I could probably NB/Range it up and pull 3 mobs then spam Weapon Flare or Fiery Chains while healing the boar for great justice.

This is more due to the pet ability to hold INSANE amounts of threat on mobs and being healed VERY well by the heal.

I've seen boars grab mobs off tanks in dungeons before with little issue and the tank having to spam or taunt to grab it back, ruining their rotation in the process.
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-28-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    And you can do about the same with any class that has the boar and rejuv, not like having the pet tank and healing it through multiple mobs makes things hard? Heck I could probably NB/Range it up and pull 3 mobs then spam Weapon Flare or Fiery Chains while healing the boar for great justice.

This is more due to the pet ability to hold INSANE amounts of threat on mobs and being healed VERY well by the heal.

I've seen boars grab mobs off tanks in dungeons before with little issue and the tank having to spam or taunt to grab it back, ruining their rotation in the process.
    Oh, the Boar is insane, yes. But the Saboteurs mega-damage Spike Charge is what really causes things to take off.

When I say I could use NO OTHER ATTACK and have the Spike Charges+Detonate kill an equal level or probably a +1 all by themselves with no help, I am being perfectly serious.

BOOM! and then the 15 second count down to death begins.
    Last edited by Themistocles; 02-28-2011 at 01:03 PM.

General of Telara

Can anyone tell my why the Elemental Summoner's earth elemental is considerably weaker than the Ranger's razorboar?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Buelller?

Is it because Rangers have so very many more abilities that suffer pushback from and a bit less armor? That must be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    Can anyone tell my why the Elemental Summoner's earth elemental is considerably weaker than the Ranger's razorboar?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Buelller?

Is it because Rangers have so very many more abilities that suffer pushback from and a bit less armor? That must be it.
    No idea really. I hate that boar with a fiery passion when I'm tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    Oh, the Boar is insane, yes. But the Saboteurs mega-damage Spike Charge is what really causes things to take off.

When I say I could use NO OTHER ATTACK and have the Spike Charges+Detonate kill an equal level or probably a +1 all by themselves with no help, I am being perfectly serious.

BOOM! and then the 15 second count down to death begins.
    Hellfire Blades buff, Poison buff, spam Weapon Flare and heal boar, I'll see more numbers popping up faster then your spike charges. Just as difficult as spike charge, I just execute flippy maneuvers while I do it.

Your point is more made that the boar and heal are overpowered then the sabo.
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-28-2011 at 01:11 PM.

General of Telara

The idiot Rangers in your group need to deactivate the auto-cast on the boar's threat generating abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenry View Post
    The idiot Rangers in your group need to deactivate the auto-cast on the boar's threat generating abilities.
    People pay attention to their pet? No, does not happen.
    I told one person and got back "You don't understand I need that for damage."

Plane Touched

Let the boar die.

It's damage isn't all that great. The insane tanking power is it's major selling point.

Just let Boar #1267 die. The ranger can Summon Boar #1268 easily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Themistocles View Post
    Let the boar die.

It's damage isn't all that great. The insane tanking power is it's major selling point.

Just let Boar #1267 die. The ranger can Summon Boar #1268 easily enough.
    As you even demonstrate with your first post, letting the boar die is a tricky problem when the ranger can heal it rather well with rejuv.

This thread more supports a nerf to rejuv or the boar then a nerf to sabos =p

Ascendant

No one really cares how classes perform in solo PvE as long as they're up to par.

snc
    Rift Disciple

server first 50 using marksman to 33 and hunter to 50. your build sounds awful.

Soulwalker

Why are the rangers in your group using the boar?! direwolf all the way!

Soulwalker

I think there's a fundamental difference in the solo PvE in this game to others that is catching people off guard.

In solo PvE, a great majority of souls are well-equipped to take on 2-3 mobs at once.

As a bladedancer/riftstalker, I ALWAYS gather 2-4 mobs per pull. At level 15 I already have 3 abilities that are specific to group pulling.

Many mages have low/no cooldown AOE's as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast