+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flamespear, can't warriors do anything else?

Default Flamespear, can't warriors do anything else?

Rift Surge, Flame Spear > repeat until target dead, and snare or whatever you guys do.
    Seriously what's the drill?
    Rift Surge hits so bad, and you can't dispel it, Flame spear keeps critting me for 500dmg every second, cheers!
    Leimone Whitefall EU | Cleric

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
    Rift Surge, Flame Spear > repeat until target dead, and snare or whatever you guys do.
    Rift Surge hits so bad, and you can't dispel it, Flame spear keeps critting me for 500dmg every second, cheers!
    Rift Surge does hit hard but if you are getting crit every second by flamespear for 500 damage i would love to know what the riftblade did to get a 1 second GCD and 100% critrate.

In answer to the title though, not really. PvP in this game is heavily dominated by ranged damage and riftblade flamespear/riftsurge combination provides pretty much the only decent ranged damage available to warriors.

Rogues give up your stealth/saps/stun locks,etc... Mages give up your high dps/roots,etc...clerics give up your OP healing in PVP and then maybe warriors will give up FS.

Like Orakio said, FS is basically our only decent DPS we warriors have.
    Last edited by Semjaza; 02-28-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orakio View Post
    Rift Surge does hit hard but if you are getting crit every second by flamespear for 500 damage i would love to know what the riftblade did to get a 1 second GCD and 100% critrate.

In answer to the title though, not really. PvP in this game is heavily dominated by ranged damage and riftblade flamespear/riftsurge combination provides pretty much the only decent ranged damage available to warriors.
    Just you wait until those lvl40+ Champion PvP classes start rolling in, that is if they are backed up with even a little bit of healing, oh the havoc, oh the tears and outcry..
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Flamespear needs a blimin COOLDOWN. we been saying it since god know how long ago in beta. give it a cooldown and the skill is FIXED thats it its not blimin rocket science...
    Last edited by Invicti; 02-28-2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Invictius, Make PVP Uber or Die a Slow Death....

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Invicti View Post

Flamespear needs a blimin COOLDOWN. we been saying it since god know how long ago in beta. give it a cooldown and the skill is FIXED thats it its not blimin rocket science...

That will only result in slower lvling for the first 20-30 levels and then you will start to cry about the other speccs (since you will probably want to change specc after 30+ according to what i have read atleast, and im a warrior who played in beta4,5 and 7) what im trying to say is, that you will most likely have a harder time with other speccs after players gets higher lvls, there will always be speccs that will outperform others in pvp/pve no matter the levels.

Flamespear already nerfed, just before release. It lost DoT part.
    Also it do less damage per hit, in comparsion to melee abilites, starting around level 25 even with average 2H weapon. Like Flamespear hit for 120, while melee ability hit for 140+.
    Since warrior usually getting aggro, and got approuched by mobs to melee distance, flamespear becoming less useful at those levels. I think it become even less useful at higher levels.

Plane Walker

You'll change your tune when the Champion/VK start rolling you into the ground at 40+.
    EU - Whitefall - Rhamza
    EU - Bloodiron - Ramza

Flamespear doesn't scale, making it diminish quickly at 50. Don't tune the game around the 20's and 30's please.

And I agree with the above poster. In a week or two you all will be whining about Champ and VK builds. It'll follow the same procession of "nerf this" threads that were in beta. /eyeroll
    Last edited by Mojave; 02-28-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

You guys must not have been hit by a Proper Timing Titan's Strike/Discharge with SLI up yet. If I'm lucky enough to have both of these crit and you're still not dead, it's ok - Titan's Strike's stun lasts 5 seconds.
    Mateo of HC/TSG - Long Live The Syndicate!

I'm currently level 47, should of metioned that.
    And mostly playing agains't warriors who are 45+

Quote Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
    why are you using abilities when rift surge is on you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    why are you using abilities when rift surge is on you?
    Should I just try to kite when I'm snared the whole time or exactly how are you thinking now?

Honestly, I can't ever see myself playing ranged on my Riftblade. I just prefer the melee feel. In fact, I've removed Flamespear from my action bars since they removed the damage over time portion. Previously, I used to use it just for the DoT. I play a Riftblade/Reaver on my Warrior, so I don't need it for a ranged pull either.

I might die more often, or be kiting like crazy, but I'll probably stick with melee if I can. I may break down and decide to use it just while closing gaps.

I really wish they would have just lowered the overall damage more, but kept the damage over time portion. I found my build a little bit more enjoyable with that extra DoT to manage. /sigh.

Aedraxis - Defiant:
    - Neuroticaine, Veyne, Rhayge, Sevrys

You need to level before posting a thread like this. Very strong at lower lvls but @higher lvls we dont scale as well. Also note.. FS spam is not the main source of damage and your numbers are not realistic. Good RBs wont be spamming surge either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast