+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Flamespear, can't warriors do anything else?

  1. #31
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMcCloud View Post
    You guys must not have been hit by a Proper Timing Titan's Strike/Discharge with SLI up yet. If I'm lucky enough to have both of these crit and you're still not dead, it's ok - Titan's Strike's stun lasts 5 seconds.
    2.5 seconds on me with my pvp spec :P

  2. #32
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by never831 View Post
    No to both of them.

    Really what I love about this game is everyone hates everyone. People complain about literally every calling which implies a certain balance if nothing else. Btw, I don't play warrior.
    Btw i play warrior, both riftblade and paladin.

  3. #33
    Ascendant Talamare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bibikirox View Post
    the very idea of a plate wearing warrior jumping around with a big sword and pewpewing fireballs at me irritate me. I don't even know why they put this class in there honestly. and to the people that complain about leveling being hard without that damage you probably need to question yourselves and/or try other souls.
    the very idea of a chain wearing justicars jumping around with a girly shields and tanking irritates me. I don't even know why they put this class in there honestly. and to the people that complain about leveling being hard without that damage you probably need to question yourselves and/or try other souls.

    the very idea of a leather wearing bards jumping around with a girly guitars and healing things irritates me. I don't even know why they put this class in there honestly. and to the people that complain about leveling being hard without that damage you probably need to question yourselves and/or try other souls.

    the very idea of a leather wearing riftstalkers jumping around with a puny daggers and tanking irritates me. I don't even know why they put this class in there honestly. and to the people that complain about leveling being hard without that damage you probably need to question yourselves and/or try other souls.

    the very idea of a cloth wearing chloromancers jumping around with a sexy life damage and healing things, turns me on. I don't even know why more games dont have this class honestly. and to the people that complain about leveling being hard without that damage you probably need to question yourselves and/or try other souls.
    It's not a damage meters fault you can't hit a certain dps and others similar to you can, it's the fault of your bad gear, bad spec, or bad rotation. So stop getting mad at the meters and invest some time into not being bad.

    DPS Mathcraft - How damage works
    DPS Mathcraft - STR vs DEX
    DPS Mathcraft - Armor
    Warrior DPS Calculator *UPDATED* v0.2
    Paragon Rebalancing Suggestion

  4. #34
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    31

    Default

    i don't know what warfronts you've been playing, but with five healers on each team no one dies from anything. And rift surge may be the -only- ability in the game that every single class can effectively neutralize, by simply doing nothing. How hard is that? You don't have to do anything and it just goes away! Amazing! When i get tagged by riftsurge, i go stand next to a healer for 10 seconds. Unless there are multiple bards on my team, at which point i dps as usual and suffer nary a scratch.

    Also, with its fantabulous hot pink icon, you should always know when you've been tagged by it.


    dev's, mossy oak camo for the rift surge debuff icon please thanks bai.

  5. #35
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Flamespear is a little OP. Rift Surge is stupid OP. Try and defend it all you want, but you know it and I know it.

  6. #36
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    123

    Default

    Warriors crying that if they don't spam FS they can't win a fight against a ranger. There are other things you can do. Try not charging in instantly if you have the jump, that way when you get snared and they try to kite you there is still a charge to catch up. Try another soul setup, there's 8 of them and some of them have these wonderful things called stuns. Try pressing more than 3 buttons. Use the terrain, hide behind rocks or trees so they have to come get you.

    Game balance isn't based around 1v1 or particularly lower levels. Play with an organised group in a WF and you'll see that rangers still get their faces melted even though you're not a RB.

    Most importantly though, wait till you're 50! When you have all of your soul points and a couple of PvP ranks you can have 3 charges, 2 different stuns, 2 break stuns/roots and a ranged snare. That's only 1 spec.

    Champs ftw.
    Last edited by Acerbitas; 03-01-2011 at 12:16 AM.
    Acerbitas - 50 Warrior/Prestige Rank 3 - <Gross Negligence> - Imperium
    Champion/Paragon/Vindicator.

    Acerbitas - 40/64 Blackguard - Eltharion.
    Acerbitas - 80 Deathknight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nineaxis View Post
    People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

  7. #37
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Stop crying, so sorry you cant kite warriors to death with level 1 frostbolt! anymore

    You have 30 yards range, Warrior has 20 yards, if you cant properly prekite then youve failed

  8. #38
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    You have 30 yards range, Warrior has 20 yards, if you cant properly prekite then youve failed
    Yes, yes and yes!

    It's alwais the same post.
    "The FS is OP!!!!"
    Mah... it's not true.

    That skill is been nerfed and you still come here and say "it's OP" ??????

    Some mages can hit me whit some channeled skills that hit me for 300-400 damage x second and you say to me that skill is OP?

    Why every warrior class in pvp try to obtain a ranged skill?
    Why there's some RB or Paragon soul in a large number of class build?

    For a simple reason: if a common warrior try to use only melee skills during a warfront he die whitout deal damage.

    Snearing, root, fear, incapacitation, transformation, and more, can make a warrior be unable to do damage if he try only to use melee skills.
    A common melee warrior can't win against a ranged enemy during a warfront.
    That's the common story of the warriors: the enemy hit them from distance and before the come in the melee range they have lost half or more of they hp.

    I like the Flamespear because that skills grant a warrior to deal ranged damage and reduce the disadvantage that the warrior class impose: the melee range.

    The rogues have archers or a rogue can be a hidden assassin and hit the enemy before them can see it. An Assassin can skill impossibilitate and hit very hard an enemy. Some times i've die against a rogue befor i can hit hard them whit come skills. That can be happend. And that's because the rogue have lesser defence and hp: they must kill the enemy quickly.

    And the mages...
    They have some skills that grant them to transform the enemy, and some skills of snaring, slow, fear, etc. And the higgest range of the mage skills grant them the possibility to win. And don't say "the mage are powerless" because the mage can hit the enemy hard, more than a champion or an assassin.


    In all the games i see warriors die in front of the mages, but in that game i see warrior that can win against the mages, that's great!

    I'm a Rraver/RB actually liv 24, but during the beta 5-6-7 i've played until liv 36.
    I can say: the Flamespear is a good skill, the Rift Surge can deal a good damage, but the warrior have only that skills to kill ranged enemy.
    I've tried to use only melee skills during some warfronts, whit the help of the champion bull rush, but it's inpossible to win against some ranged classes whit only melee skills.



    Stop to say "it's OP", because i can say it about some class of the game, like bard or chloromancer, or some unkillable clerics. But it's not the true, because every class can be getted down.

    Frequently i'm come to the top of the damage dealer during the warfronts, only using the Reaver DoT AoE skills, but i can't say "it's OP", because whit all that damage i've killed no one player XD

    The sabo is OP? give you 600-700 damage? It must do 6 skills to deal that damage!!!
    A void knight hit you of 600-800? He must do 7 skills and if it's not combined whit a RB he must do that skills in melee range! And if it use all that skills so quickly he finish it's energy in 30 second. (i can say that because i've tried a VK in warfronts and to do all that damage quickly I must use a large quantity of energy and if i don't stop to skill for a moment after all Discharge i lost all my energy to deal only 1000 of damage in 5 FS, 2 conversion and 1 Discharge...)

    And we must remember that: that class hit only one enemy at a time and during they charge it's skills all the other player can hit them and kill them. And a sabo can do not damage because of it's death or because the enemy have transformed it and it's flee.


    Some classes in duel can result OP, yes, but in warfront all can change!!!!
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

  9. #39
    Telaran Alexander26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I lol when people think my main damage source is FS.

    I use it to build my AP from range.. that is all.

    And not all RB spam Surge although it works wonders back to back with our silence to FF the healers.

  10. #40
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28

    Default

    What Litoras said was spot on. It might be in crappy English, but the contents were golden.

  11. #41
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omnical View Post
    I can't wait! I finally broke down and went from Champion/VK to RB/Reaver just to be reasonably competitive in PvP as Champ was charge... k target out of range wait a bit...woot charge smack a couple of times... crap out of range again lol.
    /macro
    #showas Bull Rush
    cast Bull Rush
    cast Leg Sweep

  12. #42
    Plane Touched Amrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    247

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Leimone View Post
    Rift Surge, Flame Spear > repeat until target dead, and snare or whatever you guys do.
    Seriously what's the drill?
    Rift Surge hits so bad, and you can't dispel it, Flame spear keeps critting me for 500dmg every second, cheers!
    They can't do anything else because those are the only two abilities that Trion gave them. On a brighter note, those abilities do their job and compel people to run to the forums and ask this age old question.

  13. #43
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit View Post
    They can't do anything else because those are the only two abilities that Trion gave them. On a brighter note, those abilities do their job and compel people to run to the forums and ask this age old question.
    This is so wrong in so many levels.

    When people grow out of level 1-30 bracket they are either gonna drop RB class...or they will have to adapt in the fact that Flamespear + FB/RS will not do the trick anymore and will need to use all their arsenal since it will be more effective compared to the mindless ranged spam.

  14. #44
    Plane Touched Lawlumad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hell.
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leimone View Post
    rift surge, flame spear > repeat until target dead, and snare or whatever you guys do.
    Seriously what's the drill?
    Rift surge hits so bad, and you can't dispel it, flame spear keeps critting me for 500dmg every second, cheers!
    damn them warriors for using things that are good, even though everyone else uses op/good things also
    I have witnessed what you have committed in that area.

    "Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil"

    The Code of Druss the Legend

  15. #45
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Reaver has Necrotic wounds also spammable.






+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts