+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: would love to see a monk class in here?

Soulwalker

Default would love to see a monk class in here?

just throwing this out there for maybe a future class to play, they brought back the bard from, whcih i loved from Eq, i think a monk type would be badass,

Plane Touched

I would love an unarmed class of weapons,whether using wrappings, knuckles, or claws. With those in-game, you could probably make monk-like specs for rogues (Bladedancer wielding unnarmed-class weapons, maybe?)
    Faeblight - Defiant: Ghaeleah, Eladria, Mala, Danoria, Azshannya
    Estrael - Guardian: Reah, Shilania, Kethrah, Tulania, Azshannya

Short answer: yes! I'd rather have them not use weapons at all... Let their inner balance of mind, body, and soul power their offensive and defensive abilities!
    Shout out to all our warfighters: veteran, active duty, reserve, and retired!

I too would love that. I totally enjoyed my Monk in Vanguard.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

I could see a 5th class focused on "shapeshifting" or "animal-totem" or some other similar trope -- with souls focused on one particular type of shifting, ie: unarmed combat (wolf/tiger), CC (bear, think grappling), evasion (monkey), or whatever else tickles your fancy. IE, a class that instead of summoning pets, melds with them, gaining their powers.

On the other hand, what niche would these fill that the other classes dont already, except for fluff niches.

Plane Touched

I think Hand Wrappings would be the closest to no weapons you would get. There would be no visible weapons, while still having stats from your weapon slots. It also allows for "unarmed" rogues (either monks or pugilists) and warriors (brawlers).

As for the shape-shifting class, you can have: Cat ("dual wield" dps - 2 paws), Wolf ("2h" dps - bite), Bear (tank), Fae (healer), Wisp (nuke - Life damage), Lichform (nuke - death damage), etc. If the animal forms are hybrid, then Cat could be pure dps, while Wolf is more dps/survival hybrid.

Soulwalker

Default nice, i like the wrappings, i def would love the hands and feet visuals too

i like the ideas, the shapeshifiting, the wrappings, and i stil like a staff or bataons, reminds me of my EQ monk, and the inner fire, def cool attribute, i think rogue or cleric would def be the way to go here, and shapeshifting into amonkey, pretty cool too, and have your kei instead of energy,

i looked hard to see if there was anything like it, and nothing, maybe an exp.

Telaran

I wouldn't want to see a weapon type that could only be used by a soul or two, but introducing weapons with an unarmed/hand to hand feel could be cool.

A monk type class would be cool. (I love fiegn death and unarmed fighting animations). Maybe something that focuses on 'white' damage? A stacking combo point builder or finisher that increases melee attack speed. A flying kick that stuns. A decent self-heal on a cooldown. Adding poisons from secondary souls combined with a fast attacking monk could be a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Orishas; 02-28-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Soulwalker

I absolutely loved the monk class in EQ1, EQ2, and Vanguard. I would honestly pay $30 / month to play Rift if there was a monk class. I don't know what it is, but something about Feign Death, Fists, and fighting Gi's makes me happy.

Plane Touched

Personally, I like characters that can punch things to death. Both my dps warrior and my tank rogue would be using unarmed-class weapons if available.

Soulwalker

+10

Monks would be cool.

I did overhear somewhere that Trion would rather add more souls than put a whole new calling.

Soulwalker

Default guild wars monk would be awesome

I think that a cleric soul that was similar to the Guild Wars monk would be awesome. i always loved the idea of a monk actually being religious (as a monk actually is) :P

/signed

Monks are awesome.
    Bard + Monk = Baby me plzkthx?

Guillotine Fist!

I wonder if some1 know what this was about :3
    We don't die, we go to hell and regroup.

Pyromancer\Dominator

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast