+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sabs are OP becuase anyone can be good at them

Soulwalker

Default Sabs are OP becuase anyone can be good at them

The ironic thing about all these sab posts is they're most likely coming from average players ABOUT average players. The bottom line is, Sabs are OP becuase ANYONE can pick them up and demolish. You do not have to be a skilled player to top charts and kills as a sab becuase of how gimmicky their mechanics are.

Its a critical mass issue, with almost every rogue becoming Sab. Why? Becuase its easy. Not to mention sabs are incredibly competitve AoE DPS. This isn't just a 10-19 issue. The classs is too easy.

Edit: If anyone responds, please don't give us a break-down of the class, and why you *feel* you're meta-gaming and not just playing the easiest pvp class in the game.
    Last edited by Kroix; 02-28-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Telaran

Well since anyone with half a brain can counter a sab, im going to disagree with you...

Anyone can 5 charge and hit detonate... however if the person doesnt have downs they will just laugh at you.

There are some dumb people playing sabs tho... 5 CP detonating, without realizing I have cleansed off all but one of their charges..

The seriously just hit 1 1 1 1 1 2, 1 1 1 1 1 2 without even paying attention.

Soulwalker

You're disagreeing with me becuase you don't think the class is easy? I don't understand your post. Blast charges are cleansable so they're not OP? Blast charges are a GCD, cleanse is a GCD, if you're theorycrafting how a healer being able to cleanse blast charges is what that easy class is balanced around, I really think I need more info than your personal experiences.

I love posts like these. They make it always sound that their class requires them to do long division to the 4th power of the square root of pie, and that this other class they hate is just 2+2.

Face it, your class is just as easy to play as any other class. Just because you push more buttons than the stupid joe does, doesn't mean that stupid joe can't just push the same number of buttons and profit with your class.

Soulwalker

As a level 30 Sab, I completely agree.

I first picked them because of bombs. Who doesn't wanna run around throwing bombs on everything and exploding them? But I can demolish pretty much anything in an 8 second span. It is boring and offers no change up. If it is a long fight you use spike charge. If it is a short fight you use blast. If you are fighting a bunch you use blast for the Annihilation then shrapnel. They have too many situational skills that are useless outside of the situation. You are pretty much pressing 2-3 different buttons per fight.

I plan on changing my role once I figure out what I want to be.

If you wanna just screw around and be silly though, Sab all the way. The bomb sounds are very satisfying.

(Edit: I am referring to PvE only, I am aware that for PvP the skills are much more useful on the fly.)
    Last edited by Coros; 02-28-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post
    I love posts like these. They make it always sound that their class requires them to do long division to the 4th power of the square root of pie, and that this other class they hate is just 2+2.

Face it, your class is just as easy to play as any other class. Just because you push more buttons than the stupid joe does, doesn't mean that stupid joe can't just push the same number of buttons and profit with your class.
    Nah, he's about right. Sabs are easy to play. Too easy.

Champion

FIRST you have the balls to say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kroix View Post
    If anyone responds, please don't give us a break-down of the class, and why you *feel* you're meta-gaming and not just playing the easiest pvp class in the game.
    THEN you have the balls to say this:

I really think I need more info than your personal experiences.
    Play a Sab in the 20-29 / 30-39 bracket then come back and whine on the forums.

Obvious rehashing of things said in the other however many threads. Please contribute to existing threads as opposed to posting the same things others say in a new thread. Makes more voices heard and allows for better discussion on supporting and dissimilar views.

Be a good poster, read the other threads and use search.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSniper View Post

Sig worthy sentiment.

Soulwalker

Bottom line is, all you need to do in PvP is spam your first ability as a sab, and follow up with the first finisher you get as a sab. You can do other things, but you don't really need to. Name me another class that can use the first two abiilities they get to top charts in warfronts?

Again, I know Sabs have other abilities that make them even more ridiculous. They are just icing on the cake. Sabs damage is way too easy. Anyone can pick up a sab and be competitive just using two abilities. I see it all the time. This isn't personal, so don't make it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post

THEN you have the balls to say this:

Play a Sab in the 20-29 / 30-39 bracket then come back and whine on the forums.

Hes not a Sab.

Telaran

You're disagreeing with me becuase you don't think the class is easy? I don't understand your post. Blast charges are cleansable so they're not OP? Blast charges are a GCD, cleanse is a GCD, if you're theorycrafting how a healer being able to cleanse blast charges is what that easy class is balanced around, I really think I need more info than your personal experiences.
    I was disagreeing with anyone could be good with them...

Anyone can hit chargex5 detonate and do a big burst.

I have met very few that actually play the class decently and do anything other than this.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ShivanAngel View Post
    I was disagreeing with anyone could be good with them...

Anyone can hit chargex5 detonate and do a big burst.

I have met very few that actually play the class decently and do anything other than this.

But I'm saying that you don't NEED to be good with them to be competitive, not that no one is good at them.

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...3865967374.jpg

Basically you don't have to be good with anything, only better than who you are going up against.

Now you are going to say something stupid like "yes cause it lot of skill to 111112 lololz"

But if you are going up against a tank and a healer(as whatever), and you just sit there and attack the tank, who is just pushing 11111 and the cleric who is just pushing 11111, expect to lose. People don't do this though, because they have managed to crawl far enough from the primordial ooze that they have grown enough braincells to figure out that they should go for the squish healer first.

Telaran

Name me another class that can use the first two abiilities they get to top charts in warfronts?
    Bard (Cadence.....)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast