+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Void Knight is unplayable after patch

Default Void Knight is unplayable after patch

The Void Knight class has become pretty much unplayable the 6 second cool down on discharge and nerfing of other abilities such as converting attack points into pacts (before patch 2 pacts for each attack point after pact 1 pact/attack point).

Do others also feel that Void knight is not playable anymore? I hope Trion take as another look at this class.

troll of the day first prize!
    Online From 1997' QUAKE I/II/III TRIBES CS/CSS UT UO DIABLO L4P DAOC GW L2 WOW LOTRO DOTA AOC WAR BFHEROES COD AION HOTK APB GA CRIMECRAFT COHO RIFT

Default Not a Troll

Quote Originally Posted by matley View Post
    troll of the day first prize!
    You are way off base here, I really want feedback from other players to see if they have the same experience. Asking a question is not trolling.
    Last edited by Gimple; 02-28-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Sadly I agree with this. Was playing around with some specs for pvp/pve and decided to try out the vk thinking maybe the nerfs didn't hit them too hard. Let's put it this way, unless your Target has mana, you are completely and utterly useless. It makes for a near unplayable main soul and makes a mediocre supporting soul. Needs to be looked at for sure.43 war BTW on dayblind

Soulwalker

I agree with you and I don't think I've seen any VKs around since the game went live. Nerfing both, Discharge AND Pact Conversion was just overdoing it. By fixing Quality Care they pretty much got rid of the Discharge spam already so there was really no need to nerf Pact Conversion.

If the insane damage of Discharge spam was a problem, why didn't they just reduce the damage of Discharge? That would be the easiest way to balance the VK without hurting other soul combos which depend on the fast Pact gain for Ravenous Strength and Defense.

Then again the people *****ing on the forums are mostly clerics who want every class that can kill them to get nerfed beyond oblivion. First the VK, soon the RB (which isn't nearly as strong at 40+ which most people don't realize), then the Sab and the Champ.

Void Knights weren't ever supposed to be the wrecking balls that they were.

There weren't really any changes to their staying power or anti-support role that I recall, and looking at the skills outside of a no-cooldown Discharge, it's clear that the survivability and anti-support roles are the emphasis of the class.

So now the Void Knight is limited to this role without roflstomping someone every couple seconds.

I'd say that's fair.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Default If they dont unerf VKs it will not be played by anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Void Knights weren't ever supposed to be the wrecking balls that they were.

There weren't really any changes to their staying power or anti-support role that I recall, and looking at the skills outside of a no-cooldown Discharge, it's clear that the survivability and anti-support roles are the emphasis of the class.

So now the Void Knight is limited to this role without roflstomping someone every couple seconds.

I'd say that's fair.
    I disagree the nerf was too much, right now the damage output makes them pretty much useless. There wont be a lot of players playing this class. they are

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gimple View Post
    I disagree the nerf was too much, right now the damage output makes them pretty much useless. There wont be a lot of players playing this class. they are
    You do realize they are a defensive/support soul not a dps one right? They weren't supposed to be able to drop people like they did before, and stuff like gaining pacts every hot tick were horribly, horribly broken.

something was wrong when TANK specs could out dps rogues while having the utility of mana drain and the like, while still having the sustainability that comes with a sword and board spec.

They are far less viable in a dps / solo environment now, but they are still quite strong for tanking. I wouldn't say that a 51 void knight is all that good, but a mix of void knight along with another tanking soul is great.

At the end of the day, the void knight was supposed to be a tanking soul and the nerf was necessary. It still serves its purpose.

Also, considering the game launched with the way the void knight currently is, there was no nerf ;) .

Rift Disciple

ITT: People who don't realise that VK's are magical defence experts, not a steamroller.

They're still great for soaking up magical damage, which was their main role. To annoy mana users, and to soak up their damage.

They are doing their job now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    They are far less viable in a dps / solo environment now, but they are still quite strong for tanking. I wouldn't say that a 51 void knight is all that good, but a mix of void knight along with another tanking soul is great.

At the end of the day, the void knight was supposed to be a tanking soul and the nerf was necessary. It still serves its purpose.

Also, considering the game launched with the way the void knight currently is, there was no nerf ;) .

Yes, VK = tank. But anyway he STILL bad *** at pvps.

Say A LOT of VK doing a nice "****" on casters/clerics.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by manoka View Post
    Sadly I agree with this. Was playing around with some specs for pvp/pve and decided to try out the vk thinking maybe the nerfs didn't hit them too hard. Let's put it this way, unless your Target has mana, you are completely and utterly useless. It makes for a near unplayable main soul and makes a mediocre supporting soul. Needs to be looked at for sure.43 war BTW on dayblind
    Sounds fine for a mage tanking soul. What, you wanted to tank everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mendleev View Post
    Sounds fine for a mage tanking soul. What, you wanted to tank everything?
    yes, they are doing fine on casters!

and LOL but it would be funny as hell to see a mage doing it on melee!! mage tank
    Last edited by RamasSokehur; 02-28-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by RamasSokehur View Post
    LOL but it would be funny as hell!! mage tank
    *Points to arcane warrior in DA:O*

best tank in the game that was.

Soulwalker

As you guys said, the VK is supposed to be an anti caster class, which means he should actually be able to kill casters. Not annoy them, not tank their spells, survive a few seconds longer then die, but actually kill casters. From what I've seen they can't do this anymore, so speccing VK as your main soul is not viable anymore. At least you could still spec it as your 2nd soul in OB and make use of the fast pact gain for the strength and defense buff, which isn't really possible anymore either.

So with the nerf VKs have no place in PvE or PvP, not as a main soul OR a support soul. The only use they might have would be to tank a magical boss which I'm sure a normal Reaver/Paly can tank just fine too...

We all agree that the VK was OP in the beta, but right now the soul isn't viable at all anymore. Why spec a VK when you can go for Champ and get awesome CC + take out casters within seconds. Why go for VK when you can go for RB and get good DPS+survivability. Or BM/Warlord for buffs and support?

We don't want the ridiculous Discharge spam back, we just want the VK to actually be useful. As I said before, nerf the damage Discharge does or make it a physical attack (they're supposed to kill mages after all) so the soul becomes viable again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast