+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roles, souls, and points

Shadowlander

Default Roles, souls, and points

Ok, so I'm a bit confused here...

I thought the whole point of the role system was so that we could have different specs.

My thought was that I have multiple roles. I level and get a new point to spend. I spend it in one role, switch to another role... and still have my point for this role available to spend... because otherwise how can you spec more than a few points in any soul if that one point you get per level, (or 2 depending on the level just dinged), if it's only good for one soul in one role?

Here's what happened, and maybe it's because I have Warden in both roles... but I wanted to spend the points in Warden differently... actually in the other role I didn't want to spend it in Warden at all.

I bought my 2nd role. I got another soul from the quest.

My two roles are Just/Sent/Ward and Just/Shaman/Ward.

So, after getting my 2nd role all spec'd out the way I wish... because it did start me off with a blank slate allowing me to spend all my points again in my new role... I went off to quest.

I leveled and got one new point. In one role I spent it in Warden, then switched to my other role to spend it elsewhere... but it wouldn't let me.

After I switched roles I still now had 0 points availabe to spend.

Is that because I had Warden in both roles? That still sucks because just because I have Warden in both roles does NOT mean I want Warden spec'd the same way in both roles. Even if I did want to spend it in Warden in this other role... maybe I didn't want the point spend the same way.

Or is it just that you can only spend your points in one role at a time?

Please enlighten this confused Telarian.

Thank you.

Its just a display error. If you close and reopen the Soul pane you'll see your point available to spend after switching roles.

Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

Shadowlander

PWEW !!

Thank you very much... that would have sucked if it were actually supposed to work the way I was describing, LOL.

Ya know... I've played LOTS of MMOs/Games ... I've seen display bugs before... some to the point you have to relog your character... I'm ashamed to say I never thought of this

+ Reply to Thread