+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needing help/advice on what might be best class for me from experienced players :)

Telaran

Default Needing help/advice on what might be best class for me from experienced players :)

Ok so here is my situation. Hopefully some of you can help guide me to what might be "my class" and fit playstyle. I played many classes to beta most got 22 to 30 range. First thing I think should say about my playstyle is that I love having pets and perfer highly to play ranged dps with pet. The stronger the pet the better! Its pretty important part of game for me though I know most might not understand that I'm not talking tanking pets here I am talking pure the PVE DPS pets. (aka rogue necro pet, raptor ranger, BM companion, and the air elemental).

I'm looking at four classes (and plan maxing with 51 point talents. this how I see the pets and the class as a whole (But could be vastly wrong so correct me at will)

Elementalist was my plan coming into game. I am very let down by the Air Elemental since he is my DPS pet and really pet is very lackluster. I don't know how much of improvement I am going to get out of him spending tons of points to buff his damage. I know he brings good buffs to group/raid but really being selfish here I want a bad *** pet hehe. I have found though personal damage for mage leaps and bounds above necro.

Necromancer I like alright. I find rogue pet to be very strong (Much better than Air Elemental). Only thing is i am more of a punch a mole nuker than I am keeping up with dot rotation.Thats what is holding me back against just going necro.

Then comes to rangers. I vastly enjoyed my ranger and in beta got the blood raptor. Down side to this... I find model really ugly lol. Then next thing is from reading patch notes I know ranger and pets were both nerfed damage wise. To what degree I am not certain. Perhaps someone could enlighten me on this.

Finally we have a Riftblade and Beastmaster. I never made it very far with this combo and don't know what to expect. From what I read Riftblades kick out the damage but once again this goes back to pets. This combo I don't know if would even work synergy wise. I'm not much into melee so doing a build based on melee/pet won't fit my playstyle I enjoy.

So basically what I am hoping for is some others who enjoy playing pet classes to give me some feedback on their experience and even comparisions between the classes. Pretty much I am stuck in Limbo. I have full time hunting partner and its pretty important to us to stay same level so can't really be changing classes all time. because don't want to hold them back. Like I said this isn't so much "tanking" pet its the DPS pet. I expect someday to be ranged DPS for raids so want to make sure make right choice. Im not so much a FoTM player. Like I said I enjoy pet management and such want the best DPS pet I can get.

I know somewhat how to make good synergy with other souls. Thats not really going to be a problem for me. Basically what im asking for here is, end all be all. Who has the most powerful DPS pet. I am thinking Necromancer with mob properly debuffed mob but can't say for certain. Didn't seem ranger was that far behind necro, at least not enough to matter. I didn't get to test raptor damage in an instance sadly as beta ended.

Any help on this matter would be really great to have and great appreciate advice of those of you know about the higher level pets. Like I said im very caught up in limbo and don't want to level all these characters to find out which suits me best (even though likely will but want to stay same level with my hunting buddy)). It be good to know though which perhaps would be the one fit my playstyle the most.

Once again any help/advice/comparisons/anything would be vastly appreciated!
    Last edited by fatsocastro; 02-28-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Telaran

Giving post nice bump. Really could use some help here Basically got to pick one, like now, so any suggestions would really be awesome. Any info you might have about your pet if your higher level and usch would be so useful.

Telaran

Giving this another bump I'm still in debate lol.

Soulwalker

You didn't say what you want to do... Are you looking for PVE or PVP mostly? Instance or solo? Rifts? etc...

Telaran

PvE Raiding. Rifts, instances. Not too much in PvP at all. Like I said looking for highest dps pet as huge pet fan

Telaran

Would really like to know difference between BM pet and Ranger Raptor.

Shadowlander

Honestly I would stick with the 3 "real" ranged classes. I play a warrior as my main calling and I can't see riftblade and beastmaster being overly synergistic. In my opinion the best ranged pet class is the ranger with marksman to buff it, but I am also partial to physical dps classes. The upside to the ranger is that you can move while firing your weapon. I'm not sure about the endgame mechanics for raids, but I would assume they have some kind of movement heavy sections - in which case, this spec would win above a magic dealer.

Try this spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0A.VMcfueosoVz
    Last edited by Mysiana; 03-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fatsocastro View Post
    Would really like to know difference between BM pet and Ranger Raptor.
    The raptor is a high speed high damage pet. The ranger spec is about crits and bleeds. The beastmaster pet is more durable than the raptor, is less dependent on crits and bleeds and can self heal. The beastmaster spec is more about fighting right next to your pet, it buffs the whole party, and can heal itself.

They're very different styles.

Telaran

So from reading here im guessing a riftblade/Bm build won't work? Basically my idea was play it as a ranger but really didn't know what end result would be.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by fatsocastro View Post
    So from reading here im guessing a riftblade/Bm build won't work? Basically my idea was play it as a ranger but really didn't know what end result would be.
    RB/BM could work. RB has a difficult time fitting with any other warrior soul because it's not suited for a particular weapon and deals magical damage. RB/BM would work as well as anything else.

+ Reply to Thread