+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bard Heals

Default Bard Heals

Anyone else notice how super effective bard heals are?

It's so easy to top charts it's almost not funny. When we have another bard the whole warfront is close to invincible too.

Seems odd that my bard is more effective than any cleric at healing.

I know numbers aren't everything, and that there aren't many direct heals, but this still seems a bit over the top atm.

Now yell at me.
    Mo - Ashstone - Kelari Rogue - <Ascendant>
    Anyone feel free to PM/Friend me.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/products/...=ascend_invite

Telaran

I think you hit it: The heals aren't too effective. It's mostly group healing without direct heals. If it were just you and a fang carrier, plus a few assailants, you'd probably have a hard time keeping him up.

It does indeed look good on charts, though. On my Warden/Pur/Sent I often get out-healed by Bards in terms of total healing.

Plane Touched

Bard heals are nice, but they cannot sustain a group forever anymore.

Reason a bard overall healing in WF is so high is because of aoe's and multiple people vs multiple people all fighting each other so while cleric is healing 1 person at a time the bards aoe hot is just ticking away getting free ranking on the charts. When groups start focus firing each other you'll notice bard hps drops significantly.
    Last edited by Remembrance; 02-27-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remembrance View Post
    Bard heals are nice, but they cannot sustain a group forever anymore.

Reason a bard overall healing in WF is so high is because of aoe's and multiple people vs multiple people all fighting each other so while cleric is healing 1 person at a time the bards aoe hot is just ticking away getting free ranking on the charts. When groups start focus firing each other you'll notice bard hps drops significantly.
    Mhmm, that's what I was saying. But, get a couple of bards and it's super tough to burn through them.
    Join me with ascend-a-friend, if you play on Ashstone I'll buy you a mount and some bags:

They'd top the overhealing charts too if that existed.

Pay no attention to the numbers. Any bard worth his lute is going to do that if he's always got a target to shoot with music. Also bards are hyper-squishy if you just focus them down.. there really isn't anything they can do about that

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Anyone else notice how super effective bard heals are?

It's so easy to top charts it's almost not funny. When we have another bard the whole warfront is close to invincible too.

Seems odd that my bard is more effective than any cleric at healing.

I know numbers aren't everything, and that there aren't many direct heals, but this still seems a bit over the top atm.

Now yell at me.
    The thing is that in the large scale of things, the cleric who is getting "outhealed" is more useful, because his heals are more topical. The reason bard heals are so OP is because they hit absolutely everyone, constantly. A lot of it will be over healing, and a lot of what a bard is is just buffs, and the heals are just making things a bit easier. I can not see a bard being a main raid healer in any sort of raid, simply because they are designed as a blanket to soften the other healer's jobs, not to be the actual healers.

This is not to say that bards are not useful, I am just saying that the numbers are not telling you the whole truth.
    Svava
    Solidarity Gaming
    Guild Master
    solidaritygaming.guildlaunch.com

Plane Touched

Mhmm, that's what I was saying. But, get a couple of bards and it's super tough to burn through them.
    you realize bards don't stack right?

and cadence doesn't do anywhere enough even with hot song going to save anyone even at 4+ bards...
    Last edited by Remembrance; 02-27-2011 at 10:31 PM.

The buffs no, the healing yes

Quote Originally Posted by Svava View Post
    The thing is that in the large scale of things, the cleric who is getting "outhealed" is more useful, because his heals are more topical. The reason bard heals are so OP is because they hit absolutely everyone, constantly. A lot of it will be over healing, and a lot of what a bard is is just buffs, and the heals are just making things a bit easier. I can not see a bard being a main raid healer in any sort of raid, simply because they are designed as a blanket to soften the other healer's jobs, not to be the actual healers.

This is not to say that bards are not useful, I am just saying that the numbers are not telling you the whole truth.
    I agree. Their pve healing viability isnt very high, but their warfront effectiveness is. Having a 10 person heal is super effective.

Also, they really aren't that squishy.

All of this will balance out some at higher levels as more reduced healing effects are introduced, but still.

and cadence doesn't do anywhere enough even with hot song going to save anyone even at 4+ bards...
    Cadence stacks.

To save someone from a single dps? Sure they do.

A couple bards can protect ~10 people from single dps without much effort.

Plane Touched

Cadence stacks.

To save someone from a single dps? Sure they do.

A couple bards can protect ~10 people from single dps without much effort.
    Anything that is multiple vs 1 is pretty effortless.

Anything that is multiple vs 1 is pretty effortless.
    Yeah, bad description on my part.

I know what I mean but it's too late to keep up with this discussion T_T

I find it nearly impossible to heal a WF alone as a bard, but if I got a real healer with me I easy top chart and never die, I've tanked like 5-6 players with succes.

Quote Originally Posted by deef7 View Post
    I find it nearly impossible to heal a WF alone as a bard, but if I got a real healer with me I easy top chart and never die, I've tanked like 5-6 players with succes.
    This is what I was getting at.

Soulwalker

Honestly I find it pretty disgusting just how much healing I can put out in a warfront though. I know I'm not keeping up the fang carrier on my bard and that charts/numbers aren't everything, but I don't think the numbers should look like this http://i.imgur.com/gVvwp.jpg.

It's just the consistency more than anything, cadence eats 50en up front and by the time you're done channeling you've gained 40 of it back; as long as your cadence doesn't miss or you get that autoattack interrupts your cadence as it starts thing, you'll never have energy issues and that's a lot of blanket healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast