+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unlocking Souls

Shadowlander

Default Unlocking Souls

Could some one please explain to me where you go to unlock the souls after the first three you get?

I went to Sanctum and got a quest for the 4th soul (Chloro), completed it. And am now trying to unlock my 5th soul (warlock) but cannot find any quests, or anything giving information on how to get it.

Thanks in advance!

Shadowlander

Ok, figured it out, and would like to post this for others that are wondering.

After you get your initial three souls for your 4th soul go to Sanctum (Guardians) and get a quest. It will send you to the College town and you turn in/follow up. You then defeat a Rift, summon a mirror of yourself using the shard you recieved from completing the Rift. After defeating a mirror image of yourself you then turn in the quest to unlock your 4th soul.

For the 5th soul, find the class trainer in the College town and he will give you a quest to do the above. Rinse and repeat for the rest.

Note: You can only have 1 soul quest at a time. That was my mistake and why I couldnt find anymore soul quests.

Shadowlander

So bit of a noobish question. Do you get the third soul before leaving the starting zone? And wowser! I thought there were only 3 souls now..

Soulwalker

Once you learn all the new souls how to you switch to them? I see in the soul tree I can preview them but how can I activate them?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
    So bit of a noobish question. Do you get the third soul before leaving the starting zone? And wowser! I thought there were only 3 souls now..
    I'm 90% sure you get all 3 before you leave the starter zone.

And you will unlock all of the souls for the class you play. So if you pick mage, you will have access to all of the souls within the mage tree at level 13 (after completing the quests in College town).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by insight1 View Post
    Once you learn all the new souls how to you switch to them? I see in the soul tree I can preview them but how can I activate them?
    Either learn a new role (it's like dual spec in WoW). And you will be able to swap spec's out of combat.

Or go to your class trainer and reset your souls. When that's done, click on the soul within the tree and pick a new one. All reseting your souls does is refund your points spent, does not un-learn your souls that you chose or quested for.

Soulwalker

Can someone indicate where to find this quest to get 4th/5th soul (Guardian); I have run around sanctum and I can not find it... thanks

Rift Disciple

Ok - this is how it works as I know many have the same question

Once you hit level 13 - you can go to your main city and find a character whos soul you want. For example, if you're a Rogue and you want a Bard soul, you need to find a bard - you CANNOT get this soul at the class trainer.

Once you found that class, he'll offer you a quest to seal a rift (get a planar item) and then you'll have to kill a doppleganger of that soul type.

Lastly, trade back in your quest and you'll earn your new soul.

Its pretty easy - I got all of them on my Cleric last night without much trouble. You can only accept one quest at a time however, and if you want to change it you need to have zero points in a tree to swap. So go to the rogue trainer, reset your talents and then you can simply click on the tree you want to replace and change it for your new found soul.

Great system <3 Trion and good luck

Soulwalker

Someone knows how the quest work for the 4th soul for Defiant? I got the quest (for Beastmaster ) but im not sure how to complete it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Elifain View Post
    Someone knows how the quest work for the 4th soul for Defiant? I got the quest (for Beastmaster ) but im not sure how to complete it.
    You go to merridian, get the quest, which you've apparently done. Then you simply help close rifts until you get the quest item, may take 2-3 rift fights. Once you get that, another item will spawn in your inventory that allows you to call forth a corrupted soul. Simply use that item anywhere and kill the soul. Once you finish that the quest should show complete and you can go pick up your new soul.

Soulwalker

Thx very much Captive!

Soulwalker

i unlocked my forth but can not find the guy to unlock my 5th and so on. i am Defient. i have been just running around doing quests and now want to add a couple souls for tanking.
    Last edited by vaporise; 02-28-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Where to check for Defiant Soul Quests...

1) Building out front of Meridian. Looks like a big tent.
    2) Outer Grassy Courtyard
    3) Inner Stone Courtyard
    4) The Pit down in the headquarters wing

I believe that is it.

You can only get one quest at a time. You won't see any others offered, until you complete the one and turn it in.
    Last edited by Phazix; 02-28-2011 at 11:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread