+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior or Cleric?

Question Warrior or Cleric?

Hey, guys. I'm level 17 on my Warrior now and I still can't decide if I want to reroll a Cleric or not. I like tanking and healing equally. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should continue on with my Warrior. Based on your experience with Rift so far, what is in demand more - tanks or healers? Also, what class do you see a lot more of out of Warriors and Clerics? Which class does more DPS as a damage spec? Help me decide before I hit level 20!

Soulwalker

Tanking will almost always be the highest in demand class, and have the fewest people willing to do it. If you like melee and having a lot of tanking options then I'd recommend doing warrior. If you enjoy healing, casting, and want 1 tank spec option, then go with a cleric. You might just want to start a Cleric for a few levels and see how it feels and then go with whatever your gut tells you.

I've played both, but ended up using my Cleric most.

Warriors do more DPS. Even the highest DPS Cleric soul doesn't match up to what a Warrior is capable of. Clerics have higher survivability, though. Their ability to heal themselves is what causes that.

I was questing near a Warrior earlier. Basically, he was rarely at full HP. My Cleric, on the other hand, was rarely at below 75%. He killed things faster, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
    Warriors do more DPS. Even the highest DPS Cleric soul doesn't match up to what a Warrior is capable of.
    My inquisitor would like to have a word with you about that. Don't judge everything by cleric melee dps.

Clerics make fantastic tanks, too. You are not stuck healing if you roll a cleric, you can do melee dps, ranged dps and tanking as well (although melee dps and ranged dps is a little weak right now, relatively). I do enjoy my warrior tank, though. Paladin/reaver plays a lot like a hybrid of prot warrior/pala/DK in that other game. Warriors do offer the highest melee dps right now, and you also can play a riftblade and be an armoured ranger. Warriors take a while to get fun, in my opinion. They start taking off at 18.

+ Reply to Thread