+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, Who Has Activated/Used Their "PVP Soul"?

Default So, Who Has Activated/Used Their "PVP Soul"?

I've watched the PVP video, read a line or two referencing the "PVP Soul" feature, however I have yet to encounter anyone in the game using a PVP Soul. I understand that "Prestige" is only gained at level 50, however, this mechanic seems truly awesome to me and I would love to hear more about it from anyone who has some experience with it. There doesn't appear to be much talk about it on these forums and I think it would be a major selling point for players who are mainly interested in a PVP-centric MMO.

So, anyone out there who is actively pvping/leveling who can explain what this is all about? Is it something we purchase apart from the 3 souls unique to our calling? Does it utilize the talents of our souls? For example, if I am playing a Reaver/Void Knight/Riftblade, how does that effect my role as a Vindicator? Even if you are not level 50 and have not actually played with the PVP Soul activated, I'd still like to start a thread/discuss what this feature will be like to play with. Any screenshots/info is appreciated!

Champion of Telara

pvp soul's root is so lacking, it isn't even worth getting them imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    pvp soul's root is so lacking, it isn't even worth getting them imo.
    Are you insane? The pvp soul gives all classes some handy things for pvp.

Soulwalker

The pvp soul costs 2500 favor (pvp currency). I've mine equiped into my pvp spec, but you can only put 10 points (the 2 first tier talents) into it until you reach level 50 and get to a higher prestige rank.

I've got 5 points in mine at the moment for +10% damage to players. It works exactly like a normal soul and the points you spend in it are from your normal skill point pool also. The only difference is to unlock higher tiers, not only do you need the required points in lower level tiers, but you need the proper prestige rank also.

Soulwalker

I'm playing a cleric so i am only speaking from there point of view and my own ofc. At lower levels i dont think its viable to take, but when u get higher up in 20ish 5 pints "for clerics dunno bout others" gives 15% less chance to be crit hit a ability to break out of fear,root etc. + a dmg reduction ability u can cast on a attacking enemy so he/she deals 50% les dmg untill u do a dmg ability on him. Great for carrying flag in 30+ bg's and when u are getting jumped.

So in my oppinion i dont think its viable in lower levels, but once u get abit higher 25+ it starts to get great.

+ Reply to Thread