+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would like opinions ~New Player~

Soulwalker

Default Would like opinions ~New Player~

Hi everyone! I will be starting this game on Tuesday and I'm excited! I have browsed these forums and I see a great community so far but I am haveing an issue of picking the best class for me.

Things I'm looking for in a class/souls: DPS (not great but able to hold my own at least), Perferably ranged but could do melee if its worth it, Would like to have a pet only because I love haveing pets lol but don't really want to be to dependant upon it, good survivability (don't mind if I die now and then its part of the game), PvE content only, and I would like a class/souls that won't be massively overplayed but also needed in a group.

The things I'm not looking for: PVP class/souls I can't stand pvp content (no offense to you pvpers! please dont hurt me! :P) I"ve played a hunter or something similar in most other mmos so I would like something new this time if possible.

Sorry for the wall of text :S I would appreciate any opinions or suggestions given of course. Also any tips or tricks that anyone doesn't mind giveing for their suggested class/souls would be nice! Thanks for the help!

Rift Disciple

Nightblade - Has good Melee DPS and also ranged attacks using fire and death magic, not that many play it but its imo the best all around Rogue Soul.

edit: sorry didnt see you wanted a pet, then id go with ranger paired with MM and Bard
    Last edited by bignbrown; 02-27-2011 at 03:00 PM.

~~
    Well if you're looking for a pet class first and foremost there is:

Warrior - Beastmaster
    Rogue - Ranger
    Mage - Necromancer and Elementalist

Haven't looked into beastmaster at all yet, but it sounds like you probably want something with Ranger and Bard. Rangers get pets and having some bard talents help with minor heals in group PvE. Or possibly even Necro with some Chloromancer (for healing). Won't really know until you try them out.
    ~~

Soulwalker

Thanks for the suggestions so far I think I might try the mage with a chloro/ele build. The Necro build seems a lil icky to me, the dead things ya know? lol If anyone else has further suggestions I'm still open to ideas. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread