+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I reroll my bard?

Key
    Soulwalker

Default Should I reroll my bard?

Hello:

I like the bard well enough so far, but I'm concerned about:

1) Getting into groups (no defined role for people to grasp)
    2) Getting into raids (we have one already, thanks)
    3) I in this for the pvp. I think that the Bard will be a decent pvp class, but all the WF's I have been in are all rogue and caster. No heals or tanks. If there were more 'real' classes, then the Bard will probably have more of a multiplier.
    4) There seems to be a Bard in every WF I am in. I thought I was picking a rare class, but apparently not. I don't want to screw myself into playing a support role that is flooded.

Obviously, some of this is based on my limited perspective so far. I'd appreciate any serious thoughts.

I was thinking of rerolling to Pally or Warden, or just sticking it out and hoping for the best.

Thanks!

Bards are awesome because they don't have a pure role like other classes, they enhance every other class in the party. They bring a load of buffs, group heals, and debuffs. They're a nice addition to back up a Cleric's healing, enhance everyone's defense, help damage dealers kill faster, all while doing damage themselves. Also, remember in this game you build multiple roles. You don't have to go just bard, you can have a bard role, a tank role, a dps role etc..
    Understanding the Sab
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...b-is-wild-card

50 Assassin/Riftstalker/Infiltrator
    Prestige 3

Bards are in demand - so you are set to go for Raids, groups and PvP.

Soulwalker

If you enjoy any other soul in the Rogue tree then stick with it. You are never stuck as a Bard, you can switch to any Rogue soul via buying Roles.

Key
    Soulwalker

You know what's sad? I didn't even know you could swap out roles! (its like a talent respec obviously, after a fashion).

I would have probably 1) Picked a different class and/or 2) Started with a rogue dps build instead of slowly leveling with buffs etc.

I feel silly, but thanks! I'm lvl 16, so I will probably shelve it. There are tremendous amounts of rogues and obviously it will be easy for once of them to just be a bard when needed.

Thanks!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Key View Post
    You know what's sad? I didn't even know you could swap out roles! (its like a talent respec obviously, after a fashion).

I would have probably 1) Picked a different class and/or 2) Started with a rogue dps build instead of slowly leveling with buffs etc.

I feel silly, but thanks! I'm lvl 16, so I will probably shelve it. There are tremendous amounts of rogues and obviously it will be easy for once of them to just be a bard when needed.

Thanks!
    Slow leveling? Psh Bard/Ranger/NS solo very well, and I never die. 3 pet heals and 2 self heals, and damage is a bit low, but fine. Plus, I get mad loot in rift events.

Quote Originally Posted by Key View Post

Thanks!
    Keep it - just reset the souls, personally i'd keep the Bard up to the healing Motiff anyway

Soulwalker

just get the rest of the souls, im level 15 and have every pve rouge soul. i have 3 roles already to switch between. one pve, one pvp, one range. the fourth will probably be a support or tank role.

Rift Disciple

Did Deepstrike Mine the other day with a Bard as healer. We mowed down every boss without a wipe.
    Besides being support/enhancer they're also awesome healers.
    Last edited by Ricje; 02-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.

Rift Disciple

The groups you are hanging with are dumb. Having multiple bards is actually perfectly viable and very useful actually.

Soulwalker

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I rolled bard originally because I thought it was kinda unique and I figured they would be in high demand but I was wrong. I hit level 16 on my bard, excited to start doing some dungeons, only to see literally 5 other bards spamming chat for a group. Apparently everyone had the same idea.

Quote Originally Posted by zonzai View Post
    The groups you are hanging with are dumb. Having multiple bards is actually perfectly viable and very useful actually.
    Both bards have to be smart about it though, most of the time my stronger motifs get overwritten by weaker ones, so rather than people being healed for over 60 by my HoTs they get healed 40, it doesn't seem like much but it adds up.

Rift Disciple

Two people specced specifically as bards shouldn't have that problem. If somebody is just using bard as a bonus to their other souls, it will work that way.

Rift Disciple

I played a bard in beta, and have played a bard through 35 now on headstart. I do have some concerns and have switched to a sab in pvp.

1) range on damage spells too short. Also our damage is extremely low.
    2) Can't out heal other classes damage. Trying to keep motifs up for a full fight and kill an enemy just doesn't work. Cadence and heal finished outdamage by other finishers. I haven't tried the 31 skill yet, as I just got it though in pvp to see if that helps at all.
    3) Motifs - still believe they are way to short, more benefit if we can spam cadance and heal in groups/raids and motifs only once per pull/ maybe twice for a boss.
    4) cadence - needs to be castable on the move if range not increased. Too buggy, trying to spin around a melee running circles and casting it.

Nakhed 35 Bard Seastone

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Smackdaddy View Post
    I played a bard in beta, and have played a bard through 35 now on headstart. I do have some concerns and have switched to a sab in pvp.

1) range on damage spells too short. Also our damage is extremely low.
    2) Can't out heal other classes damage. Trying to keep motifs up for a full fight and kill an enemy just doesn't work. Cadence and heal finished outdamage by other finishers. I haven't tried the 31 skill yet, as I just got it though in pvp to see if that helps at all.
    3) Motifs - still believe they are way to short, more benefit if we can spam cadance and heal in groups/raids and motifs only once per pull/ maybe twice for a boss.
    4) cadence - needs to be castable on the move if range not increased. Too buggy, trying to spin around a melee running circles and casting it.

Nakhed 35 Bard Seastone
    and this is why end game you wont see many 51 point bards.. dont worry about endgame there will be a big demand for bards as most have re rolled by then. me im stickng with bard its the mos tfun i have had since my days on eq1 as a bard and song twisting. and they are not squishy if you pair it with rift, planeshift with damage reduction gets me out of every sab snare and out of trouble. sab is a fotm atm, bard buffs are second to none if you max bard. just gotta think outside the box. Nope you dont heal the best, or dps the best but you do them pretty good and dont to respec everytime just to get into a group
    Last edited by stormz; 02-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast