+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric Tank?

Soulwalker

Question Cleric Tank?

Is there a possible way for Clerics to tank? If so, what souls should one have in order to achieve this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Impurity View Post
    Is there a possible way for Clerics to tank? If so, what souls should one have in order to achieve this?
    Justicar as the primary one for the tanking, I think shaman goes with it but not entirely sure. I think Justi/???/Sentinel? or Justi/Sentinel/Druid or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    Justicar as the primary one for the tanking, I think shaman goes with it but not entirely sure. I think Justi/???/Sentinel? or Justi/Sentinel/Druid or something?
    I'm using Justicar/Purifier/Shaman. So far (I've heard that in the 20s this changes, but I'm only 19), the build is abusrdly OP. Reminds me of my WoW feral, actually (probably why I went this way).

Initially, I have 0 points into Purifiers. I only have it for the shield for early levels (I want the rez and cleanse for later levels). Between that and the Shaman shield, it's only on rifts or if I pull 4 or more that I need to self-heal at all.

Shaman gets 8 points for the damage reduction, the shield, the bonus to healing received, and 2 throw-away points in Tier 1. The reactive cast (Fated Blow) is also a nice freebie, though it's less throughput in tank mode being a non-Justicar ability.

DPS in DPS mode may not be at the level of a pure DPS class, but it works fine for me for soloing. Between the shields and the healing bonus from Mien of Honor, I can pull 3 or 4 without breaking a sweat. And hitting Purpose before spamming Even Justice not only gives a pile of burst AoE, but I get heals for each hit at well.

As for tanking (yes, I know you asked about tanking, but soloing still matters, I think), I've not done any instances yet, but have MT'ed several invasions, if I pull several elites and don't have support, I die. But now that I know how to verify there's a healer near in the raid, I know better. With support, I tank just fine. And for small rifts, you can tank without a healer if you have some DPS with you. 2 shields plus self-heals go a long way.

That said, I'm sure (at least I really hope) that instances require a healer.

I've tanked all the early dungeons (Fae, IT, DD, and Deepstrike) while appropriate level with my justicar/shaman/sent. I've been really impressed with his agro control and general tankiness. I've gotten many compliments on the runs going so smoothly. At this point, justicar is not just a viable tank. It's a strong one.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarflord View Post
    I've tanked all the early dungeons (Fae, IT, DD, and Deepstrike) while appropriate level with my justicar/shaman/sent. I've been really impressed with his agro control and general tankiness. I've gotten many compliments on the runs going so smoothly. At this point, justicar is not just a viable tank. It's a strong one.
    At what level did you do deepstrike? I did DSM with a chloromancer healing and he just couldn't keep me up - and the number of clerics with a heal spec seems to be rather low =\

I'd also love to hear your spec. I have a dedicated justi/druid/sham build, but it doesn't seem to be enough =\ I was level 24 when I did DSM last night.

+ Reply to Thread