+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are there too many rogues?

Default Are there too many rogues?

I've played my necro/lock/chloro up to level 16 now, but I don't enjoy it as much anymore. I feel like rerolling a rogue, to try it out, because i also enjoyed that in the beta. Also the reason i rolled the mage, was because they seemed like the minority, so I would have no problems finding spots in instances. But it just starting to feels boring to play it.

So my question is, are there too many rogues? I don't feel like competing too much for gear and spots in instances and raids. I can see that theres about 400-700 more threads in the rogue section of these forums, which immediately alarms me that there might be a problem.

I plan to play the rogue as a ranged, if that matters.
    So how bad is it?

Yes there are many rogues because rogues are overall the most versatile souls.

Tank, dps, support/healing.
    Ranged or melee builds.

Means that with one calling you can really experience every aspect/role except for main healer (bards are NOT a main healer kids, excellent support though)
    Last edited by Shatteredstar; 02-27-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    Yes there are many rogues because rogues are overall the most versatile souls.

Tank, dps, support/healing.
    Ranged or melee builds.

Means that with one calling you can really experience every aspect/role except for main healer (bards are NOT a main healer kids, excellent support though)
    How bad is it when looking for an instance?

Lol like every third character is a ranged rogue bro

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    How bad is it when looking for an instance?
    I've not had issue even with large amount of rogues. I run a riftstalker build for tanking and have no issue tanking it up as a rogue.

While I've had a group with 4 rogues and 1 cleric i didn't have any problem.

Really the design is more focused on playing the calling you enjoy and play the role you want, not playing a class because you want a specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatteredstar View Post
    I've not had issue even with large amount of rogues. I run a riftstalker build for tanking and have no issue tanking it up as a rogue.

While I've had a group with 4 rogues and 1 cleric i didn't have any problem.

Really the design is more focused on playing the calling you enjoy and play the role you want, not playing a class because you want a specific role.
    I remember back in wow days, running an HC-instance several times for a bow, so i could begin on raids. But it took me alot of tries, to get the bow to drop. I can only imagine how bad this could probably be with so many rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Novak View Post
    I remember back in wow days, running an HC-instance several times for a bow, so i could begin on raids. But it took me alot of tries, to get the bow to drop. I can only imagine how bad this could probably be with so many rogues.
    I got alot of my gear from questing or crafting, instances seem to have not many drops that are hard to come by as the actual quests that you get give pretty solid rewards which helps prevent loot drop issues from my experience.

Telaran

Far too many Rogues. With only four classes, its bound to happen. I had to give up my Rogue, because everytime I tried to find a group for something I'd always get back "Sorry, full on Rogues."

Telaran

I've done Iron Tomb twice. First time it was four rogues and a cleric. Second time it was four rogues and a cleric, one rogue dropped and we got a mage.

Between both runs, only rogue drop was a 10 slot satchel, dropped both runs. Lots of warrior gear though.

FYI, I play a rogue.

+ Reply to Thread