+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Healing in rifts/ invasions - Do you receive your just reward?

Default Healing in rifts/ invasions - Do you receive your just reward?

Well, basically I'm finding it doesn't reward as much when I am healing my *** off keeping everyone alive as when I am actually just standing hitting a few instant casts and dpsing as a healer.

Case point: During the Gobo invasion in Gloamwood - Having helped defend against the invasions at the wardstones, I headed off to help with Gobogon himself. I arrived as he was on about 85% hp. I started healing as a lot of people were on half hp or less and taking damage. Gobodon went down to 35% and my bar, despite healing a lot, had not moved at all. I decided to check what casting a few watery and very weak spells at the boss did, and lo and behold my bar moved up as I did some 'dps'. Of course this meant a few people had to die, as I was no longer healing...

This isn't always the case, and by no means have I been left without reward for my efforts in other rifts and invasions, but sometimes that bar never moves when you are a healer and it is very frustrating when this happens.

My question then, is there an issue with healing and the acknowledgement of your efforts from it or is it just me, am I doing something wrong?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place also. I was looking for a 'Role' forum for healing, but there doesn't seem to be one, could just be me though!
    Mallidon (Cleric Healer), Dagomar (MM-Rogue), Arlethus (Level 1 warrior hah), Mortimer (Level 1 magelol).
    www.armyofalbion.co.uk

I find that you simply need to tap the mob in question (whether it be a boss, something that is part of the current stage, etc.) and then receiving credit becomes activated. Run up, toss one instant damage spell, proceed to heal/buff/whatever else you do. Should be fine after that.
    Sakuya of Greybriar, Rogue (Bard/NB/Ranger)
    @YoumuKonpaku on City of Heroes
    Obsessive Touhou fanatic. Check out my collection on picasa (worksafe).

Quote Originally Posted by Tsurupettan View Post
    I find that you simply need to tap the mob in question (whether it be a boss, something that is part of the current stage, etc.) and then receiving credit becomes activated. Run up, toss one instant damage spell, proceed to heal/buff/whatever else you do. Should be fine after that.
    And if the mob is being killed by those in your group and you then heal them, should it not already be 'tagged'?
    Mallidon (Cleric Healer), Dagomar (MM-Rogue), Arlethus (Level 1 warrior hah), Mortimer (Level 1 magelol).
    www.armyofalbion.co.uk

I dont know for sure. But for every rift that goes by. I get more and more convinced the reward is solely based on the ammount of damage you've dealt to the 'rift' monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakes View Post
    I dont know for sure. But for every rift that goes by. I get more and more convinced the reward is solely based on the ammount of damage you've dealt to the 'rift' monsters.
    I run with a healer (im an assassin) and I will routinely out dps pretty much everyone around and he still is topping the charts above me.

DPS is not what makes you top of the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestian View Post
    I run with a healer (im an assassin) and I will routinely out dps pretty much everyone around and he still is topping the charts above me.

DPS is not what makes you top of the charts.
    Exactly this, but as I've said in my post, sometimes the bar doesn't go up, at all!

Someone else must be getting this, no?
    www.armyofalbion.co.uk

Rift Chaser

No idea how it works. Most people say it's the amount of work that counts but that's not it. During one event i arrived on boss when he was at 15% if not less i managed to fire off few shots and got blue sourceshard while sometimes i do minor/major rift/invasion and don't get it, just measly 20-40 planarites at lvl 28.. Worse is when you die, it's like you get penalty and reduces your chance to get decent reward. Usually i get crappy stuff when i die. Also i don't like the idea that if you're not on rift/invasion or boss from start till end you don't get highest reward you could get, that's what happening to me 90% of a time.

Soulwalker

For the most part, if I just heal, I am towards the top of the board. I think it does go by actions while participating in the event not just by dps. As for rewards, I have found if I die they do get worse.

Soulwalker

Rarely do I get what I feel I've earned; ends up being more of a why did I bother?

As a healer, I've found my contribution to be able to increase to max but it takes much much longer for it build up than when I am DPSing. This means I'm boned when there are a lot of people around and phases go by quickly.

Plane Touched

On my Bard, I find if I cycle all my motifs, cadence, debuff and power chord, I usually sit about halfway. If I instead use my lvl 0 ranger skill quick shot and spam the heck out of it and let a finisher go I usually sit almost at the top. Seems silly and doesn't really encourage me to assist with my abilities when I can spam a lvl 0 skill and get more reward.

Mind you I do use my abilities, but then I spam my lvl 0 ability =). Seems kinda whacked but until they fix it this is what I will be doing.

Yea I find with bigger groups I def get way less if I straight heal compared to doing a few low level spells. Less people and its different each time. I wish there was a constant of some sort. Kinda annoying =S
    Game name(s) Rainbows, Rainbowz. Hit me up so we can chill n kill up some mobs.
    Rainbows is the name, RIFT is meh game, Cleric is ma way.
    Thats all, K thanks bye.

Soulwalker

IMO Rift should track contribution like WAR did in PQs - you get points for healing, points for DPSing and points for taking hits. Then there should be a scoreboard (for e-peen) and a loot distribution system loosely based on who did most stuff (like WAR's purple/blue/green/white bag system).

ATM (from what I've seen up to level 13), the scoreboard seems broken (rarely do I see *anything* on it), long cast bars = no loot and there doesn't seem to be any sort of competition in a rift environment.\

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to know that the future is not so bleak ;)

Soulwalker

I've noticed a couple of things since the last post - I've had some good rift groups and some bad; If its a large raid, the phases go quickly, or if its higher level people tanking (3+ above me) I generally end up with small rewards.

I had one rift that I was healing a level 20 warrior and the bar never moved (it was just the two of us working on it)

Shield of Telara

I've found I actually do better by healing. When everyone is attacking the same mob I don't get a chance to do very much, or contribute a lot.

Since healers in rifts are more rare, I find that I can spend my whole time healing people, and contribute a lot more, because I'm not competing for those few mobs.

But thats just my experience.
    Hunbun - Female Dwarf Cleric - Faemist
    Missy - Female Kelari Warrior - Faemist
    Pilgrim - Male Mathosian Mage - Faemist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast