+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Whose idea was it...

  1. #1
    Telaran NovemEnuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    "Rednecksville", VA
    Posts
    72

    Default Whose idea was it...

    ... To create a class who can wear plate armor, wield a shield, and deal more magic damage than an actual mage? Yes... I'm talking about the overplayed and infamous RB/VK combo, and yes... I know there are about 267049483929 threads on this very same topic. However, I thought I'd add one more, bringing the count to 267049483930. Said combo makes my main (who just so happens to be the mage calling) feel completely useless.

    tl;dr: I am disappoint Trion... I am disappoint, indeed.
    Last edited by NovemEnuma; 02-26-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Sentence clean-up
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NovemEnuma View Post
    ... To create a class who can wear plate armor, wield a shield, and deal more magic damage than an actual mage? Yes... I'm talking about the overplayed and infamous RB/VK combo, and yes... I know there are about 267049483929 threads on this very same topic. However, I thought I'd add one more, bringing the count to 267049483930. Said combo makes my main (who just so happens to be the mage calling) feel completely useless.

    tl;dr: I am disappoint Trion... I am disappoint, indeed.
    Trion just love making mages the worst class in the game, been like this since beta 3...

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Amrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Posts
    247

    Lightbulb

    Just for this useless thread, I'm going to now roll an RB/VK and be a part of the next person's thread who wants to do nothing but whine and complain on the forums.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit View Post
    Just for this useless thread, I'm going to now roll an RB/VK and be a part of the next person's thread who wants to do nothing but whine and complain on the forums.
    Riftblade is pretty strong, but its no more strong than some other combos... there's plenty of really powerful stuff people are putting together now, and they're all very very good. Bards are a pain in the arse I know - Sabs has caused their fair share of QQ, I don't see much complaining about mages lol - but Clerics and healers in general have been viewed as too strong.

    Think the game will figure itself out between now and 50. Im just in to have fun

  5. #5
    Soulwalker LotusBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amrit View Post
    Just for this useless thread, I'm going to now roll an RB/VK and be a part of the next person's thread who wants to do nothing but whine and complain on the forums.
    Yes, meta-complaining is much better.

  6. #6
    Plane Touched AoS Lord Smokey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Qq moar show your true colors!

    The Smell of Victory is only that of our enemies Rotting Corpses.
    <GM> AoS

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Mage spells - 30 yards

    Warriors spells - 20 yards

    How much magic damage plate armor absorbs - 0%


    Thats why

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    RB/VK is the ultimate counter to mage, it has ranged attacks and absorbs a crap ton of magic damage

    Whining about your ultimate counter in a game makes you look stupid

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    QQ lrn2play n00b

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Razrin View Post
    QQ lrn2play n00b

    I think you got lost. WoW is that way. ---->

    I bet you actually say noob in public don't you? So sad..
    Tell you what, you remove the dps from Warriors and make them tanks only, and I'll stop being a Rogue tank. Until then, we finally have multiple roles instead of one. Get over it..

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    Mage spells - 30 yards

    Warriors spells - 20 yards

    How much magic damage plate armor absorbs - 0%


    Thats why
    Just out of curiousity, how much more spell damage does cloth absorb?

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    armor dont absorb magic it only reduce physical dmg

  13. #13
    Rift Master bubulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Yeah but then plate armor usually has tons more HP than cloths armor.

    A typical warrior has double health than mage.

    By that logic, shouldn't warrior does 1/2 damage? At least plate protects you from physical classes.

    Tonight, I had a FC run. Our tank is a riftstalker and the warrior wearing s/s, slinging spells the whole instance... This is the weirdest experience ever. It's basically a battle mage in plate.
    Last edited by bubulu; 02-27-2011 at 02:05 AM.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Oxyminoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    Yeah but then plate armor usually has tons more HP than cloths armor.

    A typical warrior has double health than mage.

    By that logic, shouldn't warrior does 1/2 damage? At least plate protects you from physical classes.

    Tonight, I had a FC run. Our tank is a riftstalker and the warrior wearing s/s, slinging spells the whole instance... This is the weirdest experience ever. It's basically a battle mage in plate.
    Double health? Really? Exaggerate much?

    And yes, I agree Riftblades need to be toned down, specifically Rift Surge.
    Morn@Seastone
    Overrated

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jujubeans View Post
    Just out of curiousity, how much more spell damage does cloth absorb?
    It doesnt absorb any damage, because mages have 30 yard, riftblades have plate because they are a melee and short ranged class

    its not hard people

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts