+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not enjoying my class

Shadowlander

Default Not enjoying my class

After much looking forward to the game I decided to roll a BM/CHAMP/REAVER without having playing any other class in beta. Got to level 12 and think I should quit whilst I'm ahead. Not enjoying the class as much as I thought I would so might give something else a try but not sure what. I'm more into PvE than PvP and wouldn't mind playing any class ... any recommendations on what YOU find enjoyable. Thanks.

I played a champ/rb/bm mix in beta along with a pyro, a justi, and a nb.

For warrior I found Champ to be a nice straightforward style that worked great for just going "I want to smash, I SHALL SMASH!"

I GREATLY enjoy Nightblade however. I love the mix of moderate ranged power with strong melee. I also am having an ABSOLUTE 100% blast tanking instances with a Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Bard spec. The flavor is different from most other tanking and so much more engaging then standard tanking IMO

You're level 12. Very shortly, you'll reach the city where you can quest for the remaining souls. Doesn't take that much time at all. Buy another role or respec completely.

Champion

yeah once you get to 15 go to the sanctum or meridian and fond the guys with the sould names for your class and they will offer you a quest to go do a rift. once the rift is done, loot, use the quest item and defeat the dude that spawns. you can get all 8 soulds, try them all out or at lest the ones that your interested in. you wont have to replay content and youll have more points to put in to the trees right away.

Soulwalker

give paragon a whirl, they are a lot of fun!
    Or maybe I just like Dual wielding

As others have said, at level 13 you can do the quests to get the remaining souls. The warrior calling offers quite a number of different playstyles, soif you didn't enjoy your current combo, there are others you could try. Paragon is great for dual-wielding (and would be fantastic if SLI and SB were off the GDC), Riftblade turns your warrior into a semi-ranged class with elemental damage. Paladin is a shield/sword tank soul that works quite well for leveling too. Champion, which is probably the best warrior soul for PvP really only takes off in the 20s. Before that, it feels a little weak and tedious.

There are three other callings you can try, each of them offering numerous playstyle options, too. But whether these appeal more to you is something only you can decide. Level 12, though, is really very erly in the game and many of the best abilities are yet to come.

the beauty of this class system is that you are not stuck with what you chose when it turns out wrong. So.. dont be.

Telaran

BM/RE is pretty great for me ... probably u can hold on to it for a little while? if things still don't turn out well, you can always quest for the other souls with the NPC at sanctum, level 15-16ish quests iirc...
    Akatsuki - Guardian High Elf - Riftblade | Reaver | Beastmaster - Alsbeth
    Themedic - Defiant Eth - Cabalist | Inquisitor | Warden - Dayblind

Rift Disciple

Maybe you just need a change and dont want to level the same content with same class as in beta.

Well that was my idea, so i did NOT roll warrior and instead went mage, best decision iv ever made in rift

So maybe try the other side? defiant/guardian or a new class imo.

+ Reply to Thread